Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Otakon > Rides / Roommates

Unread 07-02-2006, 11:34 PM   #1
Sakura_Chang
Shinimegami

Exclamation Help! need to figure out best way of travel in baltimore

My husband and i are going to be staying at the Red Roof Inn which is near the airport. can anyone tell me what is the best way for us to get to the hotel from the airport and from hotel to the convention? i'm trying to plan this ahead so that we have enough money for it. i'm not sure how far of a walk it could be for the light rail or if we're just going to need a taxi the whole time we're there. if anyone can help us out it would be much appreciated. also if you're staying at the same hotel and are driving (or don't mind spliting the cost of a taxi) let me know please so that we can talk about it in advance!

i posted this on the otakon message board and haven't gotten any help. all i basically got was the leader just linking me to "all roads lead to otakon". >_< i need a bit more help than what those links give me. maybe someone here can help me. >_<
Sakura_Chang is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-03-2006, 06:54 AM   #2
Bagu
absolutely! umm..what?

Have you contacted the hotel to see if they have shuttle service to the convention center?
I think once you get to the hotel from the airport, you should be able to check out the taxis and get their prices.
Taking the Light Rail directly to the convention center seems to be the best bet. Utilize the hotel's shuttle to travel to and from the airport, and the light rail to get to the con.
Bagu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2006, 07:52 AM   #3
Sakura_Chang
Shinimegami

no i haven't contacted them yet as i have to contact them around 48 hours in advance ^^;; i got my flight/hotel from hotels.com so i have to call everyone before hand lol. but what you're describing is what i'm hoping to do. i just don't know how far the light rail is from the hotel or we'd walk it lol. and so far the maps aren't helping ^^;; some make it seem like it's really close and others really far. if it's under a mile i think my hubby and i can handle it. ^^; just wanna save the most money. and i know there is a commuter bus but i don't know the streets. figuring if a route it takes is close would be much easier if i did ^^;; we're on elkridge landing if that helps anyone help us lol.

soooo lost.
Unread 07-03-2006, 10:17 AM   #4
Bagu
absolutely! umm..what?

Well, I think once you're at the hotel they'll be able to give you the best options.
Bagu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2006, 07:46 AM   #5
Sakura_Chang
Shinimegami

Quote:
We offer a free shuttle service for our guests!
Stay at Red Roof Inn - Washington DC - BWI Airport, and you won't necessarily need a car to get around the greater Baltimore area!

Shuttle Service Details: 4:00 am to 2:00 am Monday thru Friday and 5:00 am to 2:00 am on Saturdays and Sundays; to BWI Airport, Amtrak station and Baltimore Light Rail Station
i just found the answer to everything! lol. i love red roof inn now. omg. take the shuttle to the light rail/and or air port and go straight to the con. omg..that just saved me alot of money. i'm glad i checked their website for the details. hope anyone else that's staying there reads this if they didn't know already.

My keya is here. I <3 her

Working in progress costumes:
Hinata and husband's TJ Gaara