Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-03-2006, 03:36 PM   #1
Nii-san
Kage-Kanbu Grand Master

Forming a cosplay ninja clan.

I had and idea about this last night actually, I was thinking man it would be nice to kindda form a clan of cosplay ninjas, a group who will dedicate themselves as true ninja cosplayers and creat a better con experiance for ourselves and for others. as Ninja cosplayer fightstar told me"Having a group of cosplay loving folks who love to dress up as Ninjas and have fun is Flippin' awesome!! Example: You and your group of guys and/or girls go to a con. People are waiting in line or you pass them in the hall way. Instead of ignoring everyone around you interact with them. Start 'tip toeing' down the hall way or if you see people in line break out a bottle of 'Febreeze'. One or two sprays in the air and sneak off. That kinda' thing. Nothing destructive or ill mannered, but something fun and funny to add to everyones con exprience. Believe it or not just those two things I mentioned add so much and effect more people than you can imagine." there are several other things such as showing others what it means to be a ninja, ranging from fitness to entertaining the masses not to mention WE"RE NOT PIRATES! so this is bound to annoy them and that is priceless. This is for all who love ninjas, just one last thing and I ask that no-one takes this wrong the wrong way this is not a naruto cosplay group this is for the classical type ninjas
Nii-san is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-03-2006, 03:46 PM   #2
Tsukimaru
Phenomenologist

you can count me in
Tsukimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2006, 12:01 AM   #3
fightstar
Kage-Kanbu Master Ninja

Classical or 'Super Generic Ninja' cosplay? LOL

Oh yeah and you can count me in to. So, that makes atleast 3 of us.
fightstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2006, 12:34 AM   #4
Nii-san
Kage-Kanbu Grand Master

thats awsome the more the merrier, after all i believe there are more of us they just havent been seen yet
Unread 07-04-2006, 06:33 PM   #5
Tenkage-chan
Oldschool Sephy Fangirl

Yaaaay!! Count me in as a convention ninja! Can I be one of the "Emergency costume repair" ninja girls?? This'll be even better than I hoped, 'cuz I'm bringing out the first issue of "Random Ninja Quest" this year at NDK, it's a comic I made starring a bunch of ninja cosplayers at their first anime con, filled with all sorts of random ninjas!! (This makes me wanna update my avatar, again!)
Princess Shoukei: Twelve Kingdoms~ 100%
Kamiya Kaoru: Rurouni Kenshin (Jin-e Arc)
Serra: Fire Emblem~ 100%
Click To Visit The Cosplay Teahouse!
Tenkage-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2006, 06:42 PM   #6
Nii-san
Kage-Kanbu Grand Master

I like that idea Tenkage-chan. if at all possible i want this clan to make its first appearance either at reactor or ACen 2007
Unread 07-04-2006, 06:51 PM   #7
Tenkage-chan
Oldschool Sephy Fangirl

A-Cen sounds perfect! At least for me, as it falls right on one of my two yearly months off. (I work at the ski resorts year-round, seasonal gig kinda thing.) Aaand! We could have a group debut cosplaying as Ninja Nonsense!! Buuut.... That's just me getting ahead of myself, heh.

Last edited by Tenkage-chan : 07-04-2006 at 06:56 PM.
Unread 07-04-2006, 10:52 PM   #8
fightstar
Kage-Kanbu Master Ninja

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenkage-chan
Yaaaay!! Count me in as a convention ninja! Can I be one of the "Emergency costume repair" ninja girls?? This'll be even better than I hoped, 'cuz I'm bringing out the first issue of "Random Ninja Quest" this year at NDK, it's a comic I made starring a bunch of ninja cosplayers at their first anime con, filled with all sorts of random ninjas!! (This makes me wanna update my avatar, again!)

Ninja comic, huh? Yeah my avatar I did myself from a sketch I made and Adobe Illustrator. After all Ninjas make all their own art as well as weapons and food.

Personally, I am a big 'Dragon Con' man, but I can see the need to get out to other cons. Question is what about 'Uniform and Standards'. What is everyones feelings on this? Might be to soon to ask this kind of question until we get more people on board, but I'll through it out there anyway.
Unread 07-04-2006, 11:43 PM   #9
Nii-san
Kage-Kanbu Grand Master

well we will definatly expand to other cons, reactor is just around the corner, but dragon con is good. The uniforms are going to be classical non-naruto ninjas, basically to quote AC/DC "back in black", standard black martial arts gi,mask gauntlets, tabi(unfortunatly i dont have these yet) and a black belt to make the uniform complete, the ladies abide by the same dress code as well other than that be creative with your ninja if you can after all we need to be sneaky and as you said Star the masters of entertainment. as far as standards we all should work this out. also i added a few new pics to my gallery after all every ninja needs a night out.

Last edited by Nii-san : 07-05-2006 at 03:25 PM.
Unread 07-05-2006, 05:28 AM   #10
fightstar
Kage-Kanbu Master Ninja

'Back in Black' aaaaaaawwwwww YEAH!!! I'm all about that. As far as the standards go we are Ninja Cosplayers who reek of 'FUN'. We are artists of many kinds. Nothing to defined like 'Black belt' vs 'Black sash/obi wrap' or 'Karate Gi top: tuck it in or leave it all hanging out?'.

As far as the ladies. I saw these photos of this Ninja Cosplaying Girl and I almost, if I wasn't in love with someone else already, fell in love with. See for yourself.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=668162
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=668163

SUGOI!!

Also, if you want to get a hold of some Tabi boots from a really cool place check these guys out. Kinda' funny because it's run by two Canadians who live in Japan and run this site as a business. I got my tabi, steel toed at that, and kyahan from them. LOVE the Kyahan! www.tabisonline.com

Well back to me NINJA workout!

**Dropps a smoke bomb and runs**
Unread 07-05-2006, 06:42 AM   #11
Tenkage-chan
Oldschool Sephy Fangirl

I'll have to start designing my uniform, right away! I can also make specialty badges for us, as I am one of the many fan artists what uses Adobe Photoshop for her Artist Row works. Now, I've heard of D-Con (I gotta friend who goes) but I don't know much about Reactor. What's that con like? Along with "Where" and "When"? All my plans are hell-bent on NDK, right now, so anything in the immidiate future I won't be able to attend, just yet.

Side thought: What shall we call ourselves? "The Convention Ninjas"?
Unread 07-05-2006, 11:10 AM   #12
Nii-san
Kage-Kanbu Grand Master

reactor is located in chicago, in october i believe. uniforms are simple, go to a walmart and get 3 to 4 yards of fabric for you belt, got to www.underarmour.com for the mask, its under tactical, and if there is a TKD school go there and buy a black uniform, or go to ebay for it. then you can get your tabi at either jbox.com or tabisonline. i dont know where you can find the gauntlets, prolly ebay. Reactor is a smaller con that follows in the aftermath of ACen, its nuthing spectacular but its a good escape. as far as specialty badges go, sounds good. As far as a name for the clan thats kinda something we all need to agree on.
Unread 07-05-2006, 11:53 AM   #13
Nekko
Future Companion

Shoot I would like to join too. Ninja's are hella awsome! Anyone planning on Otakon?
Nekko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2006, 02:00 PM   #14
Nii-san
Kage-Kanbu Grand Master

hell if the clan can make it to Otakon it would be great. Now im sad that i cant make it....im super broke. and you are able to join us just put a ninja costume together.
Unread 07-05-2006, 02:30 PM   #15
Nekko
Future Companion

Am doing
I already had one half done, Generic black costume or can I tweak the design?
Nekko is offline   Reply With Quote