Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Unread 03-06-2003, 12:51 AM   #1
Miyu
Laurasaur!

it's one thing I will never be able to do...

Do any of you ladies feel me on this one? I can honestly say that I could NEVER in a MILLION years pull off looking like a guy... bishounen, whatever. My bone structure is simply too feminine, and my body is also extremely feminine.

I actually DID attempt it one time. Put on some guyish clothes and a short wig and stuff.. did my best to strap down my boobies (that's another thing ...I'll get to it later ^^;..) and I took a pic like that. Needless to say everyone who saw that pic laughed their asses off at me. ;-; The general consensus was "never try that again." lol...

...on to the boobies thing. I am a C cup.. and.. yeah. Is it even possible to strap those down? I didn't have any luck at that. (albeit I *did* only try this once..) I'm just curious. I don't have the desire to crossplay in general... I like being a girlie girl... ^^;... BUT, after the failure of my experiment I was curious as all hell to know if any other cosplayers find it impossible to cross that gender barrier as well.
Miyu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-06-2003, 12:54 AM   #2
Spooky Brew
CosplayWillFuckUpYourLife

I can kinda do both. I kinda look like a guy, but then again don't so.......I'm a sad dorky case ^_____^
Spooky Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2003, 12:56 AM   #3
Miyu
Laurasaur!

that makes two of us let's start a club~
Unread 03-06-2003, 12:59 AM   #4
Ginny
Bad Wolf
Special Agent

Meh. I've only ever done one crossplay, and I didn't think I would ever do one again. Now I've got 3 on my damned list I wanna do. I don't know if I can make a convincing guy, but if you really like a game/series and there aren't any female characters you like, it's sometimes the only way to express your insanity.

But yah, I have no idea if I make a convincing man, since I'm like, 5'1"!
Unread 03-06-2003, 01:01 AM   #5
Spooky Brew

I call the gavel meeting starter person ^^
Most of the costumes I've done are guys, but I'm starting a couple girls now! Yay!
Then I have some pictures of me looking fancy
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto....1&thecat=50 0

Unread 03-06-2003, 01:01 AM   #6
Miyu
Laurasaur!

*squeezes G-titties* XD bwee.

yeah I'm 5'0" so I know how it is. VERTICALLY-CHALLENGED PPL UNITE!

you could always invest in stilts.
Unread 03-06-2003, 01:03 AM   #7
Ginny
Bad Wolf
Special Agent

I know my next crossplay I'm getting platforms. I don't think it matters for Blank (FF9) though, cause he's chibi anyways ^___^
Unread 03-06-2003, 01:05 AM   #8
Miyu
Laurasaur!

Quote:
Originally posted by Spooky Brew
I call the gavel meeting starter person ^^
Most of the costumes I've done are guys, but I'm starting a couple girls now! Yay!
Then I have some pictures of me looking fancy

HOLY SHIT when the first picture was loading it got down to your bare shoulders and I was like.. NUDITY!! YAY!!!
*pouts in disappointment* XP

I dunno Spooks I think you're too pretty to be a guy ^^;
Unread 03-06-2003, 01:09 AM   #9
Spooky Brew

No.....no nudity....I look awful nude ^^;;;
*blushes* Ah thanks...it's the 10 pounds of make-up ^^
I'm starting to like my looks more and more. I used to hate the way I look, now I found more exceptance I guess. It's all that Greek blood in me!
Unread 03-06-2003, 01:17 AM   #10
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

As long as you aren't wearing a skin tight shirt, you can strap 'em down. It isn't hard. Of course, I have a friend who is quite busty yet somehow managed to make herself completely flat.. and I was slackjawed. ^_^; Squuuuiiiiissssh.

My chest hates me from all my crossplay.

Yaaaaaay I don't like the way I look. It's rare when I look at myself and think I'm pretty.
A lot of the time I'm on that edge where.. I can get the androgynous look down.. like with my Kuja costume. But I can't do guys that are very masculine. x_x I've started to put a lot of girls on my cosplay list and I'm starting to get discouraged that I'm simply not cute enough to cosplay them. ._. Or pretty. Feh. But I'm gonna start running out of androgynous guys...
I like makeup. >_>

Wow I don't think I added to the thread at all. I'm tired and depressed right now. ^^; Sorry. *goes to bed* o_x

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: Anime Central in Rosemont, IL (May 16-18)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2003, 01:20 AM   #11
Spooky Brew

Well on the other hand I think you're very beautiful Michi, you make me look like a saggy faced grandma! ^^;;
Unread 03-06-2003, 01:38 AM   #12
Karisu-sama
Cosplay.Mom: "Play nice!"
Board Moderator

Spooky, you do NOT look like a "saggy-faced grandma"!!!! You look cute!

I am personally of the opinion that if I pass at all (doubtful), I tend to look like a VERY girly-lookin' guy.

Ah, well. I have enough height to crossplay bish, at least - 5'8.5. Tall, skinny, small boobs, but have to HIDE the hourglass shape.
Karisu-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2003, 07:18 AM   #13
Menchi
Tee hee <3

granted i cant get a hold of this one girl i know...but if i could she could tell ya alot about binding breasts. she one day got an idea that she wanted to dress like a guy, go to the mall hit on girls an get their phone numbers XD to make a long story short...she did in fact get phone numbers was that convincing *shrugs*. last time i remember...she mention duct tape (yes she had negative comments about that one) an ace bandages an something else an she was a c-cup at that time. ^^;; granted i wont be able to help personally...being i have the opposite issue an i dress like a girl XD
Menchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2003, 09:08 AM   #14
Rosiel
The FRENCH CONNECTION
Super Moderator

> I have a friend who is quite busty yet somehow managed to make herself completely flat.. and I was slackjawed. ^_^; Squuuuiiiiissssh.

I have a friend like that. She demonstrated it to me and I was amazed. *laughs* Before, D cup. Then... squiiiiiish... all gone. O_O

> I tend to look like a VERY girly-lookin' guy.

I think most of us do. ^__^
Which is why the goal is to cosplay girly looking men. *laughs*

Most crossplaying girls would only pass at a convention, where the male ideal (for many fangirls) is the overly effeminate bishounen of anime. I mean, put Marron or Zoisite or even Dilandau on the streets, and most people would think they are girls.

> but have to HIDE the hourglass shape.

And it's not easy. ><

As for binding bigger chests, contact Celine, she does a lot of crossplay and I think is in your range.
Unread 03-06-2003, 09:16 AM   #15
Tenshi
Needs more sparkles

I keep meaning to crossplay. I've had Allen from Escaflowne in planning for almost two years, and it just hasn't happened ^^;;. But yeah. I think I'd be pretty decent at crossplay. I'm tall, I'm flat-chested, and I don't have anything remotely akin to an hourglass figure :P. And I can look androgynous with makeup. :: points to Aeka costume in her database ::

Sigh. I just have to get sick of making pretty dresses until I get to crossplay ^^.

Next Up:Mad Hatter Tamaki (Ouran Host Club), Tuxedo Mask (Sera Myu) and Kaitou Sinbad (Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne)
I declare this The Year of Making Epic Jackets
Tenshi is offline   Reply With Quote