Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Central

Unread 03-06-2003, 04:24 AM   #1
ZiggyB
The Fuzz

Dead or Alive Gathering for ACen?

Well it looks like I'm going to ACen after all. Yay!

Since I had such a blast at the Katsucon DOA gathering I'd thought of trying to gather another one up for ACen.

Anyone interested? I'll be wearing Zack.

I know Al and Ayaka will be there, but dunno if they will be too busy to do DOA costumes.

I don't know the convention center too well or what the best time would be so I'm totally open to suggestions for time and place. :>

I was just on the AX board and our DOA gathering has been extended to DOA-X cosplay as well, so if anyone is brave enough to to DOA-X costumes, you're also welcome. :)

Hope to meet you all at ACen!

Last edited by ZiggyB : 03-06-2003 at 06:42 PM.
ZiggyB is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-11-2003, 01:46 PM   #2
sefie_tilmitt

*will also be at AX* Ummm, yep, I'm the girl from the ACen board, so there's 2. Two. XD
Unread 04-11-2003, 02:10 PM   #3
ZiggyB
The Fuzz

Oh cool, I thought it was you after seeing your Ayane pictures on your web site and on here. :)

Hehe, well we'll probably have one more. I hasn't haven't gotten a hold of Ayaka. I think she's been busy. :( I'm *pretty* sure she's gonna do Ayane as well at Acen, so we should have three! :D

Oh hey, you know what? I think I've met you, although briefly at last year's AX. This is you right? :)

http://www.divideby0.com/photos/2002...s/DSCN1358.JPG

The reason I remember is because I was watching the two of you trying to sit down, and with those platforms I saw some amazing things you did with your ankles. 8-o

Last edited by ZiggyB : 04-11-2003 at 02:13 PM.
Unread 04-13-2003, 01:09 AM   #4
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

I won't be bringing Jann Lee to A-cen, since I'll be bringing him to A-kon 2 weeks later, since my friend requested me to wear JL there. I might do the DOAX version of Jann Lee while I'm there (his black kung-fu top and a bright-pink swimsuit (no speedo!)) for pool-pictures. heehee
Eurobeat King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2003, 01:19 AM   #5
Ayaka
Ralph the Wonder Llama

I SWEAR I remember replying to this thread. Oo;;; Oh man.

Anyway, yes, Ayane and I are coming. ^^ And since you're curious about where to meet up for pics, my first thought is the lowest level, the main lobby floor, there's a big abstract statue with a black base, did Weiss pics there last year. There aren't many open spots at the hotel, I think that might be best.

Ah too bad we won't have our Jann-Lee. It's cool though, w've got two Ayanes and a Zack! Not bad! ^^
Ayaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2003, 04:44 PM   #6
ZiggyB
The Fuzz

That sounds cool. Is that the place Yui has said as the default place for gatherings in her ACen gatherings mega thread?

Ok... so we've got a place... any suggestions on a time? Just off hand, say around 2pm? It's after lunch and stuff...
Unread 04-15-2003, 06:41 PM   #7
Ayaka
Ralph the Wonder Llama

Uhm . . . probably. Dunno. I'll have to go check. What day are we talking? Did I like forget or did we ever talk about days . . .?
Unread 04-15-2003, 08:17 PM   #8
ZiggyB
The Fuzz

I think saturday is the day we're talking about. We're also talking about this on the Acen message board so I'm forgetting what I post there isn't here. :) What can't you read my mind!? :)
Unread 04-15-2003, 11:13 PM   #9
Bayman

Potential Bayman

Well, I think we've covered this before, but there might be a potential bayman showing up to the gathering. It depends on several things, one of which depends on weather or not someone will spot him =-p. And, I have to say, Despite all my DOAX playing, I missed Jann Lee in there...they must have sneaked him in somehow...or maybe there's just a different version of the game out =-P

Bayman
Bayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2003, 02:34 PM   #10
sefie_tilmitt

Quote:
Originally posted by ZiggyB

Oh hey, you know what? I think I've met you, although briefly at last year's AX. This is you right?

http://www.divideby0.com/photos/2002...s/DSCN1358.JPG

The reason I remember is because I was watching the two of you trying to sit down, and with those platforms I saw some amazing things you did with your ankles. 8-o [/b]
Oh yes, that's me in white & black! *is excited to see that someone remembers that costume!*

2pm on Saturday by the statue sounds fantastic, and it should be easy to find...hopefully. ^.^

Also, Ayaka, I've seen pics of your Ayane costume - it looks fantastic! I'm excited we each have a different version to wear. I don't have that version in my game yet. Apparently those many playings of Ayane haven't paid off yet. *disgruntled*

Cheers!
Unread 04-16-2003, 05:14 PM   #11
ZiggyB
The Fuzz

Cool, I'll talk with Yui about posting the time on the ACen gathering list. I'll also post the time and place on the Acen board. :)

Oh after a few hours of playing DOA I've unlocked all of Ayane's costumes. I'm working on the others slowly...
Unread 04-16-2003, 10:49 PM   #12
Ayaka
Ralph the Wonder Llama

Yeah I TOTALLY cheated and let Ziggy unlock and post pics of all the costumes for me. ^^;;; I still owe you for that one, Ziggy, don't I? lol. I'll finish costume 8 someday, how about that, hahah.

Ah and thank you! ^^ I'm looking forward to seeing yours in person. Oh hey! I saw you too, at AX! ^^ What's it from? I think I know but I might be wrong and then I'd feel dumb lol. Oh hey I could check the database . . . XD Wow I'm so DUH now . . . Klaha from Malice Mizer, I should have known. ^^; I'm only just getting into j-rock . . . can't remember which PV that outfit is. Anyway, nice! ^^
Unread 04-17-2003, 01:04 AM   #13
ZiggyB
The Fuzz

Hehe, don't worry about it Ayaka. :) I know how long your costume list is. :D
Unread 04-17-2003, 09:55 AM   #14
sefie_tilmitt

Quote:
Originally posted by Ayaka
Ah and thank you! ^^ I'm looking forward to seeing yours in person. Oh hey! I saw you too, at AX! ^^ What's it from? I think I know but I might be wrong and then I'd feel dumb lol. Oh hey I could check the database . . . XD Wow I'm so DUH now . . . Klaha from Malice Mizer, I should have known. ^^; I'm only just getting into j-rock . . . can't remember which PV that outfit is. Anyway, nice! ^^
*feels totally bad for not knowing she ran into 2 people that remember her from AX!* What were you wearing at AX?

Yep, that's Klaha! From the Gardenia music video. If you need, I can give you all the J-rock help you want. *evil laughter*

It's neat that you wanna do Ayane's 8th outfit. I *love* her 2nd and 6th outfits, so would like to try those at some point, if I can ever work through my list of all the other stuff. *dies*

Ok, this is me totally digressing from the topic.
Unread 04-17-2003, 02:39 PM   #15
Ayaka
Ralph the Wonder Llama

What WAS I wearing at AX . . . oO; lol. Only my second time cosplaying and I managed to wind up doing a bunch of fast changes, so my costumes are kinda hazy (though i remember everyone else's!). I was wearing Haruko from FLCL, Kaoru from Kenshin (I had ears and a tail), Integra from Hellsing, Faye from Bebop, and Sanzo from Saiyuki, in roughly that order. ^^ And Tamao from Shaman King but no one who wasn't at the SK shoot will remember that one lol.

And I'd be glad to have some tips re: j-rock, you can give me some pointers at ACen or something. ^^

Hey, there's almost no one in this topic, we can abuse it all we want. XD We are the few, the proud, the DoA cosplayers. Heheh, combined, we can probably make sure that all of Ayane's outfits (DoA2 at least) get cosplayed at some point, lol. ^^