Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Youmacon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-23-2006, 05:10 PM   #16
Teb
#1 Neji Hyuuga Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabby Catty
Teb! I remember you at the Youmacon thread! I want to purchase a Ninetales or a Mightyena plushie too for my Courtney costume and a seleo or a walrein for my Shelly costume. Yeah I'll be bringing my Emerald and Leaf Green on my road trip so there is no need to worry.
And I remember you too, Tabby Catty . I think I'll do the same. I'll bring my GBA along with Pokemon Ruby and Emerald (this means that I have to start playing it again XD ) So I'm going to Target tonight to find a curtain rod (for meh room), and I'm going to go back to the toys and search for a Torchic plushie. I'm going to look so awkward in the little boys section, but who cares?! I get to live out my dream of being odd!

I think I could just find a piece of fabric for May's bandana, or I could just go out and buy one :P

I just can't wait 'til this convention is here!
Teb is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-23-2006, 05:50 PM   #17
Tabby Catty
Professional Pirate

Here is a little word of wisdom for the bandanna that I've learned the hardway with Shelly (making me have to use a paisley one): Get a huge piece of fabric and I mean huge normal bandannas don't cut it I did this when making Shelly's and it couldn't be styled like hers and cover my scalp totally and the with a wig on I had to wear it like a kerchief so have the fabric piece really huge or else you'll end up like me having to look for more fabric but can't since I'm broke costumewise and I don't want to spend money that will be going to my Greta outfit for JAFAX. Yeah and once again peace out!
Tabby Catty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2006, 07:39 AM   #18
Teb
#1 Neji Hyuuga Fangirl

Okay, I'll keep that in mind. But, right now, I feel so behind in costume making! The deadline I set (for moi) was for Halloween (of course, Oct. 31), which is 3 days before the opening for the convention. I still have plenty of time left, but as far as I've got for May: ....I bought the Pokedex XD
TenTen's outfit...as far as I got...cutting out the patterns for her blouse. So, you see, I need to start working on my outfits like crazy (but not rushing them, of course). And I found out that Life Skills is one of my classes (which teaches me to sew with a machine! ^.^), so I start school on Tuesday (just 2 more days).
Unread 09-16-2006, 02:32 PM   #19
Tabby Catty
Professional Pirate

Well the good news is that the costumes are complete the bad news is Courtney's hairstyle didn't have the right bang style and I tried to style it but of course the bangs turned terrible almost like she didn't have any bang at all since they slid into lots of different spots when snipping. But I'm thinking at JAFAX I'll cosplay Galaxy Leader Mars from Pokemon though I'm a little intimidated by her boots and her upper portion of her dress but I think it will be okay.
Tabby Catty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2006, 04:35 PM   #20
Teb
#1 Neji Hyuuga Fangirl

Fwa.....
I NEED TO START WORKING ON COSTUMES!!!!!!!!! *dies*
Me's thinking 'bouts looking at the local thrift store for some pieces of clothing, such as looking for a red collared shirt and a white mini-skirt for May's outfit. I think it might also be a lucky find if I find anything! So...me's gonna look.
Unread 09-24-2006, 11:12 PM   #21
kalajessta
Chevalier

I'll be there as Gary, like I said on Youma's forums. Though I'm doing the Advanced version. It will be fun trying to style my hair like his.

Benviolo (Romeo x Juliet); Guy Cecil - Hopeless Dreamer (Tales of the Abyss); Rossiu (Gurren-Lagann); Pegasus (Yu-Gi-Oh)

2008 Cons:
A and G Ohio, TekkoshoCon, Anime Central, Anime Expo, Otakon, Ikasu Con, Matsuri Con, Tsubasa Con, Youma Con, AnimeUSA
kalajessta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2006, 01:34 PM   #22
Tabby Catty
Professional Pirate

Teb- That sounds great. I got Shelly's denim jacket that I modified after I bought it at the thrift shop and her top under it.

Kalajessta: it isn't that difficult. You just need a lot of gel and hairspray. My wig that I'll be wearing for my next Pokemon cosplay which is Team Galaxy admin Mars costume next year took a whole can of spray to make her cowlick on the side of her head stand up. though I hope the smell of hair spray doesn't bother you because it stinked for three days!
Unread 10-13-2006, 02:14 PM   #23
kalajessta
Chevalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabby Catty
Teb- That sounds great. I got Shelly's denim jacket that I modified after I bought it at the thrift shop and her top under it.

Kalajessta: it isn't that difficult. You just need a lot of gel and hairspray. My wig that I'll be wearing for my next Pokemon cosplay which is Team Galaxy admin Mars costume next year took a whole can of spray to make her cowlick on the side of her head stand up. though I hope the smell of hair spray doesn't bother you because it stinked for three days!
I'm going to have a friend help me with my hair for when we do Pokemon at Youma. And yes, i do have a lot of hair spray and gel. I've cut my hair a bit shorter this time around too, so I'm hoping that will help (with how thick it is). So hopefully the end product won't be too bad (or messy).

Benviolo (Romeo x Juliet); Guy Cecil - Hopeless Dreamer (Tales of the Abyss); Rossiu (Gurren-Lagann); Pegasus (Yu-Gi-Oh)

2008 Cons:
A and G Ohio, TekkoshoCon, Anime Central, Anime Expo, Otakon, Ikasu Con, Matsuri Con, Tsubasa Con, Youma Con, AnimeUSA
Unread 11-05-2006, 04:56 PM   #24
Tabby Catty
Professional Pirate

So did everyone enjoy it? I just wanna say good costumes! I thought you people were rather nice myself. Steve (aka Season one Ash), ironically always went wherever I went. We are so doing this next year. I'm going to JAFAX next though Mars will be done by then. I love her sexy outfit.
Unread 11-05-2006, 10:24 PM   #25
kalajessta
Chevalier

Season 1 Ash: You're awesome~!!!

But the new fad: GASH~! I'm creating the lj community up tonight. I'll post all the wonderful pictures up from the weekend and plus Advance Ash and I (Gary) are on fansview! Check us out!

2008 Cons:
Unread 11-05-2006, 11:25 PM   #26
kalajessta
Chevalier

Got all the Pokemon pics up from the weekend. More will be added within the next day or so of other things.:

http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o...Con06/Pokemon/

2008 Cons:
Unread 11-06-2006, 11:55 AM   #27
Tabby Catty
Professional Pirate

Cool! Thank you for the pictures! I look great as always. Now to upload my Shelly pics.