Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Connecticon

Unread 07-07-2006, 10:09 AM   #1
XKairiX

Unhappy Are Connecticon Sundays any fun?

Some ppl told me that sundays at connecticon are boring.....but this is the only day I can come.....are they really that bad? Do ppl have fun? what happens? someone please tell me.. I know what you do at them but are the sundays the same as the others?
XKairiX is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-07-2006, 09:53 PM   #2
tmchiba
Attempting cosplay.

Connecticon Sundays can be plenty fun. Cosplay Chess is that day. It's a half day though so it's not as full as the other two. But it is fun.
Unread 07-10-2006, 02:18 PM   #3
Matsuiichi
マツイ&

Well, to respond in part, I was completely surprised that they had another showing of Piano Squall. :P

Other than that, there are the comic auctions, which are fun to participate in, and there was the cosplay chess.

Unfortunately, I got stuck with certain people I would rather not have been with, so I couldn't tell you... but I was at Anime Boston on Sunday this year, and it is just as much fun. Connecticon is the same; it is a lot of fun on Sunday. It just ends earlier. ^^
Matsuiichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2006, 02:00 PM   #4
XKairiX

Thxz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matsuiichi
Well, to respond in part, I was completely surprised that they had another showing of Piano Squall. :P

Other than that, there are the comic auctions, which are fun to participate in, and there was the cosplay chess.

Unfortunately, I got stuck with certain people I would rather not have been with, so I couldn't tell you... but I was at Anime Boston on Sunday this year, and it is just as much fun. Connecticon is the same; it is a lot of fun on Sunday. It just ends earlier. ^^
Thxz you went too? Did you see me? I went as Kairi from Kingdom hearts 2 in the pink dress.. what did you go as?
XKairiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2006, 02:14 PM   #5
Hiro_01
"haha moo"-Kakashi

i missed squalls second proformence T_T but that's ok hanging out with the fourm gang was fun as usuall. but sundays are disapointing for me
L100%
Jessy:100%
Ed-100%
Adding a new con to the list! Bakuraketsu, Anime Boston, CT con (hopefully they'll be more in the summer if i can pay for them all)
Hiro_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2006, 10:16 AM   #6
MagentaFox
Hexagons are evil...

CTicon Sundays are the only con-Sundays I go to. The chess game is the best of all the cons I've been to and the intimate atmosphere makes you not wanna leave.

Anime Next
Catelyn Stark - Game of Thrones
Narcissa Malfoy - Harry Potter

Connecticon
Isabela - Dragon Age 2
Sonia Nevermind - Dangan Ronpa 2
Miranda Lawson (DLC Armor) - Mass Effect

Dragon*Con
Lady Stoneheart - Game of Thrones
Rogue Champion Hawke - Dragon Age 2
Narcissa Malfoy - Harry Potter
Miranda Lawson (DLC Armor) - Mass Effect
MagentaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2006, 04:50 PM   #7
Gale
All the world's a stage

Just because its a half day means NOTHING. Its still fun, there's still cosplayers about (though I did not cosplay) and there's still stuff to do until closing ceremonies. There's supposed to be stuff until 4, but this year the convention center I guess got miscommunication and cleanned up before events were supposed to end! However, aside from my friends and I missing the showing of the x-men cartoon, Sunday was a blast. I loved watching Piano Squall, the cosplay chess was the funniest thing I've done in years (and the most geeky experiance I've ever had, the MC was SO GREAT), and closing ceremonies were great too, though to anyone who isn't that attached to the con they might not mean much. I'd say go! Its tons of fun and I know I'll be there.

Places you may find me in 2013:
Katsucon ~ ConBust ~ Anime Boston
PortCon Maine ~ ConnectiCon ~ Dragon*Con
Gale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2006, 05:07 PM   #8
Yuki Eiri
Sweet sweet Valentine

Two words man: Cosplay chess.