Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Connecticon

Unread 07-09-2006, 07:27 PM   #1
MeilinII
Captain of the KaRei Ship

Who had fun? (Share con experiences!)

I just woke up. I went yesterday/this morning and had a blast with my little sister and her friend. I think we hugged half the cosplayers!

^_^

I'll post pictures as soon as I get them all uploaded.

Finished costumes for 2014:
God Tier John Egbert, Meenah Pexies - Homestuck
Kai Hiwatari - Beyblade 2000
Ness - Earthbound
Team Rocket Grunt, Trainer Red, Pikachu - Pokemon
Itachi, Sasuke - Naruto

Planned costumes for 2014:
Hubert - Tales of Graces F - Planned
Timpani - Super Paper Mario - Planned

Last edited by MeilinII : 07-09-2006 at 07:34 PM.
MeilinII is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-09-2006, 09:45 PM   #2
Uchiha Nick

I had a crapload of fun. Even though it was a small con I brought a bunch of costumes and had a blast. I also had an amazing time singing "Shining Collection" in the masquerade!!
I definetly loved it and I will be back next year!
Unread 07-09-2006, 09:55 PM   #3
Yuki Eiri
Sweet sweet Valentine

HAHA It w as nuts!

http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.ph...0&member=13558

Those are my pictures.. My funny stories? Haha.. I was the AC rufus wandering around with the Jenova box, and my poor Tseng fell UP the DOWN escelator and hurt her knee..

Then some jerk stole my Jenova box.. My Reno ran after him, then my Tseng.. They tried to get this other rufus and their turks to help retrieve the prop I worked so hard on making, but they kind of just stood there.. At any rate, a bunch of other cosplayers joined in the fray, and eventually retrieved it.. I was sick and hurt and was sitting somewhere outside the rave at the time unable to walk lol.

Then, of course, Sunday I show up in my vash costume, Im coming out of the dealer's room when a Meryl runs out of the ballroom and grabs me and drags me in saying they need me for cosplay chess..

DURING the chess game my friends cameras all broke just before I got up on stage, so I never got to see any pictures of me up there.. Very sad.. lol.. But I had a blast!
Unread 07-09-2006, 09:56 PM   #4
neoangelwink
waiting

^_^ pretty ok con, was there for saturday.

pros-
in joy the maskgrade.
dealer was good.
hang out with vc cat guy (forgot his name-__-)
^_^ hang out with friends.
some really great photo shoots.
joy going artest ally or artest colorent.
amv where great.
cons-
waiting hour on line should be 10-15 long to get reg.
no good food place out side the con and over price food in con was not very good. but starbuck good thought but starbuck.
maskgraed being late to geting in.
no good panels
not too much to do.

there was noting at this con make realyl that great to me .

getst just littls spoil from anime next otakon and katus and bostion.

^^ but the con was ok.
neoangelwink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2006, 10:45 PM   #5
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Too small for my liking, definetly a one time thing though. Aside from catching up w/ some old acquiantinces, leading a small army though the hotel for the FF shoot and taking "2nd" place in the masquerade with my boys from the Aqua Teen Naruto Force skit (T'was the Sasuke w/ the Guitar Hero controller and a "Feeling), I dont think ill be coming back anytime soon....despite any chance of a future apperance from that Leia bellydance....

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2006, 10:56 PM   #6
Mystic Blossom
Herd u leik pokeymans

Great con. The best time I had I think was hosting the musical with Yuki. It IS small, but still fun with the right people to entertain you.

This is the year of very little cosplay. How sad.

My Livejournal: It's not angsty. I promise.
Mystic Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2006, 11:23 PM   #7
Hiro_01
"haha moo"-Kakashi

well i dono people must have seen me every which way i was the battery. Forsome reason on Saturday at the end of it i was like >< grrrrrrrr. and what not. sorry bout that i think it's because of things and waht not so yah i'm still up holding in there, thankfully i'll be able to sleep for ever tommrow.

i think it was because three videos were over doing my luck and i was stuck with the stupid screen that wouldn't start when i poked it and what not. and i was late to all mine sorry bout that
L100%
Jessy:100%
Ed-100%
Adding a new con to the list! Bakuraketsu, Anime Boston, CT con (hopefully they'll be more in the summer if i can pay for them all)
Hiro_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2006, 11:37 PM   #8
ShinobiHime
Argent Souled

I loved last year, and this year proved to be just as great, if not better!
It was my little sister's first long-distance con, and she really enjoyed it. Though she was really nervous about doing our Fullmetal Alchemist skit, we still had a great time doing it, even if I am a bit sore from falling too hard on the stage... We got to meet tons of lovely cosplayers, too. I can't wait until next year!
ShinobiHime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2006, 11:43 PM   #9
SakuraBubbles
HIYA~!

I had an amazing time. I made a ton of new friends and I'm really, really grateful I came. It was great to hang out with so many random people and do fun stupid things during photo shoots... and the best thing about CTcon is that it's rather personal. We all know the people who run it, and we all enjoy our time there one way or another. It's becoming something great, don't drop it now.

Woot. :3
Unread 07-10-2006, 12:22 AM   #10
Zedsan_Kenobi

THIS WAS KAKASHICON!!!

Seriously I recieved TONS of attention as everyone's fave sensei. I was the Kakashi complete with Pokkon plushie and Ichi Ichi Tactics (for those who peeked...it was really Dramacon!) Both shoots were awesome, and those who missed it missed out on hilarious antics such as Akatsuki Kakashi (props to the Itachi who let me use it!) and an appearance by the newly revived 4th Hokage! SENSEI...YOU'RE ALIVE! I was also the same Kakashi in the Aqua Teen Naruto Force skit in the masquerade which got an Honorable Mention for Best In Show. Conwise, me being used to Katsucon and Anime Next...it was very decent and definitely much chill. Kinda miffed that Bad Luck got cancelled and also miffed that barely anyone came to see Medicant Downline...who rocked by the way. I loved hamming it up Friday and Saturday...and especially loved the major proppage the skit got from the audience. Overall...I had a huge blast!

Kensan
Zedsan_Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2006, 12:40 AM   #11
kagoatweed
Never far away...

i had lotsa fun.. there were a couple of good panels... i think what i liked best was that there were people that i met at Anime Boston 06 that i recognized and that recognized me so i got to see them again <333...

worst things... no food.. i ate nil all weekend, b/c i didnt wanna leave the con and miss something good... and the fact that it was so small! the rave was SO EMPTY!! (i had to leave before the masquerade dumped into the rave) ... yeahhhh... raave..... *cry* BIG RAVES ROCK!!!

Ps. i was the kagome in the collar and leash.. if you saw someone walking around with a leash and collar on, it was me. i was only kagome sat.
Unread 07-10-2006, 03:37 AM   #12
Shiro
Wandering Aimlessly. . .

Oh my God, this was the best con I've ever been to . . . My friends and I did the large Dominic Deegan group (Dominic with Dejah, Gregory with Spark, Siggy, The Infernomancer and Celestro,) and we blew Mookie's mind! Then we got to do our skit at the Masquerade (the FF7 vs 11 one) which we didn't get to rehearse due to our FF11 guy getting stuck in the hotel elevator for two hours (but we still had a blast doing the skit) and of course . . .my personal best moment of the con . . . . I inadvertantly got up the guts to ask out the girl I've had a crush on for ages, and she said yes. (She was Dominic, I was Gregory, so it was a little weird until we changed out of costume . . . )

Oh, another great moment for me was when someone actually recognized me in my "Seifer on vacation" costume (with real WaterGunBlade!)
Unread 07-10-2006, 12:16 PM   #13
Yuki Eiri
Sweet sweet Valentine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiro
Oh my God, this was the best con I've ever been to . . . My friends and I did the large Dominic Deegan group (Dominic with Dejah, Gregory with Spark, Siggy, The Infernomancer and Celestro,) and we blew Mookie's mind! Then we got to do our skit at the Masquerade (the FF7 vs 11 one) which we didn't get to rehearse due to our FF11 guy getting stuck in the hotel elevator for two hours (but we still had a blast doing the skit) and of course . . .my personal best moment of the con . . . . I inadvertantly got up the guts to ask out the girl I've had a crush on for ages, and she said yes. (She was Dominic, I was Gregory, so it was a little weird until we changed out of costume . . . )

Oh, another great moment for me was when someone actually recognized me in my "Seifer on vacation" costume (with real WaterGunBlade!)
I recognized it on sunday as you were walking into the parking garage XD I was the vash sitting against the wall and was like o_o "Hey look, seifer on vacation!"
Unread 07-10-2006, 03:15 PM   #14
Matsuiichi
マツイ&

Friday: Became a part of a Biangle, and Bought a ton of stuff. Made evil plans, made a lot of new friends.

Saturday: Played Guitar Hero, met some friends from Anime Boston. <3

Sunday: Cosplayed as RoBox in the morning!!!
Matsuiichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2006, 03:20 PM   #15
Blue Sasarai
Vampires eat coffee cake

this was my first conneticon, and i had a blast. good people, staff was not pushy or mean, the location for everything was good. i just didnt like how there wasnt much eateries in the area :/ but thats ok.
i did have loads of fun with friends, i shall def attend next year. ^^

oh an i gotta say, seeing a princess princess cosplayer did make my day XD

THE CON LIST OF 2011!

Another Anime Convention '10
Katsucon
Anime Boston
Conneticon
Another Anime Convention
Blue Sasarai is offline   Reply With Quote