Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Nan Desu Kan

Unread 07-09-2006, 08:18 PM   #1
Tenkage-chan
Oldschool Sephy Fangirl

Random Ninjas, Untie! I mean, Unite!!!

We all know, there are a ton of ninjas at conventions, every year. So, who would like to join me in a little random ninja madness?? No Narutos, no Sasukes or Kakashis, just straight-up, random ninja, running around in the pursuit of truth, justice, and pocky- all from the shadows of Nan Desu Kan! After all, you gotta love the ninja.
Princess Shoukei: Twelve Kingdoms~ 100%
Kamiya Kaoru: Rurouni Kenshin (Jin-e Arc)
Serra: Fire Emblem~ 100%
Click To Visit The Cosplay Teahouse!
Tenkage-chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-09-2006, 10:35 PM   #2
windwaker818
the minty fresh ninja

hi tenkage-chan! minty-fresh ninja reporting for duty! *Performs secret handshake katas and hands you a piece of gum!
windwaker818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2006, 06:48 AM   #3
Tenkage-chan
Oldschool Sephy Fangirl

Excellent! Glad you can make it, Windwaker818. *bows* Annnnnnnnnybody else?
Unread 07-13-2006, 09:35 PM   #4
Tenkage-chan
Oldschool Sephy Fangirl

Just thought I'd update the thread, in (desperate) hopes somebody will be interested.
Unread 08-07-2006, 08:31 PM   #5
Tenkage-chan
Oldschool Sephy Fangirl

Thread revival (again), as NDK is steadily approaching. *waggles fingers mysteriously* Anyhoo, any ninjas for NDK??
Unread 08-07-2006, 11:19 PM   #6
sevic
The Dyslexic Samuari

THis is tour One and Only Warning u will Recave. We the Ninjas frome Ndk of 2005 were the First and Formost STARTERS of this fad, and intend to be returing and in stile. not only have we haired a profeshional stage combat dirocter, AND gotten Spechal promishion frome the staff at the hotel to do marshal arts demos. but we intend to Do so with more Tricks pree planned then u could fathom.

plann other cosplay stuff whale u can, u will be Up staged
Unread 08-08-2006, 12:13 AM   #7
Lady Neese

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevic
THis is tour One and Only Warning u will Recave. We the Ninjas frome Ndk of 2005 were the First and Formost STARTERS of this fad, and intend to be returing and in stile. not only have we haired a profeshional stage combat dirocter, AND gotten Spechal promishion frome the staff at the hotel to do marshal arts demos. but we intend to Do so with more Tricks pree planned then u could fathom.

First of all you are being rude. Anyone is allowed to cosplay as whatever they like, within the convention guidelines. I don't think they are planning anything ellaborate they just want to get together and have fun. Second there were ninjas at NDK 2002, and so you would not be the first to start this fad. I'm sure there have been plenty of other random ninjas at other conventions dating back even farther. Third you will need more than the ok from the hotel staff to do a demo at NDK. Since NDK has ALL the rooms big enough for a demo booked for the convention you'll need the programming director's ok to even get a space to do your demo in.

We're all just trying to have fun here, there is no need to pull the 'better than thou' card.
Lady Neese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2006, 06:54 AM   #8
Tenkage-chan
Oldschool Sephy Fangirl

Sevic: Dude, like Lady Neese says, I ain't goin' to try and show off, or anything. This is just for fun. I wanted to see how many random ninjas we could get, and perhaps be of a little bit of help to everyone at the con, as the Kage-Kanbu mission statement goes; "We are dedicated to a better con experience by any means necessary. Gum?", because that is the true purpose of convention ninjas, to make the con as fun for everyone as possible. But, if that's the way you wanna be about it, fine. No cookie for you. Or, in this case, no free convention ninja badge. I apologize if this offends anyone.

Lady Neese: Thanks for your response, I appreciate it.
Unread 08-14-2006, 04:08 PM   #9
RyuTheForgotten
Chibi King

Quote:

Well first of all, me and two of my friends were ninjas in 2004, so you're argument ground has just gotten ripped form underneath you.

Secondly, Ninjas use Ninjitsu, not a flashy form of some stupid flash martial arts, and if you run around claiming the title of ninja while doing obnoxious flips over people who you have already annoyed, you will be making yourselves look like a band of idiots.

Third, Your grammar is horrible, learn to spell.

Four, Martial arts in the halls is NOT a demo, and you cannot demo something you didn't learn from a formal academy (or self taught.)

Five, Doing MA in the halls will lead to a violent beating from the NDK staff.

Six, You're an ignorant one-track-minded stupid little person, and you will feel the wrath of Buisness Ninja.

((You already know im going Tenkage)
RyuTheForgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2006, 06:28 PM   #10
Nii-san
Kage-Kanbu Grand Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevic

how old are you really 13, 14? well thats not the issue here the issue is you throwing poorly written threats at my clan representative. Think aobut this child while you might have a professional stage director working with you doesnt mean jack to us we know one thing and that we love ninjas and I'm pretty sure you have no idea what it means to have a code of honor that not only dictates your life but gives you a sence of decency. Now to your "Martial Arts demos" i can almost bet you never took the martial arts in your life. I studied the martial arts for over 12 years with weapons training and I dont go onto the internet saying stupid crap like what you doing if you were a true practicioner you would go boasting that "IM BETTER THAN YOU" attitude so grow up! now if you think you can upstage us well guess what pal your in for a real treat we have members in 8 states and who the hell do you think you are telling her she should be something else, cuz the last time i checked you dont run the con, in fact your just some little snot-nosed punk who shows up to the event. Tenkage if your reading this You have my permission to do what ever is nessassary to show that we the Kage-Kanbu are here to stay.
and for the record "You've been ninja'd"
Nii-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2006, 06:55 PM   #11
Lady Neese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenkage-chan
Sevic: Dude, like Lady Neese says, I ain't goin' to try and show off, or anything. This is just for fun. I wanted to see how many random ninjas we could get, and perhaps be of a little bit of help to everyone at the con, as the Kage-Kanbu mission statement goes; "We are dedicated to a better con experience by any means necessary. Gum?", because that is the true purpose of convention ninjas, to make the con as fun for everyone as possible. But, if that's the way you wanna be about it, fine. No cookie for you. Or, in this case, no free convention ninja badge. I apologize if this offends anyone.

Lady Neese: Thanks for your response, I appreciate it.
No problem. Something needed to be said. I was just the first to get to it. ^.^ Go Kage-Kanbu!!!
Unread 08-14-2006, 08:04 PM   #12
Tenkage-chan
Oldschool Sephy Fangirl

I appreciate everyone's comments, but I'd hate for any of my fellow clan members to get into trouble with admin of Cosplay.com because of a few childish remarks on someone's part. I've said my 2 cents on the matter, and I've no intention of brooking any further attention to such a trivial threat. I greatly appreciate the support, though, everyone. :japan: I'm going to work my hardest to make my first NDK as a representative of the Kage-Kanbu a great success!!

Lady Neese: Again, thank you. I and my fellow Kage-Kanbu clansmen look forward to helping out everyone at the con as much as we can.
Unread 08-15-2006, 12:26 PM   #13
Ginger Catgirl

o... demmit ;_; i really wish I could go to NDK. But Otakon robbed me of my funds XDDD

I wanna see pictures! >O
Ginger Catgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2006, 04:44 PM   #14
Alleria
Look! Crafts!

I'm just going to touch on this subject really quick, just because I am an outsider to the whole issue and sometime's it's nice to see it from that perspective.

y'all blew that post out of porportion!!
everyone did! First it's "you're not the first" Then it's "I'm better than you" Then it's snide remarks (Which, by the way for the person that mocked the hand writting, ever heard of DISLEXIA?)
Not to mention, the person that wrote that said they're not going to comment again here so, it's useless to be throwing stuff out about them. So, it's easier to just drop the whole subject and see how many ninja groups will be there.
:: steps off her soapbox and kicks it back into the closet::

Anyway, I'm not much a Ninja gal so I won't be joining up with any of y'all but I would LOVE to get some pictures of some Ninja groups.

Just...don't be suprised about getting pounced by a girl in a Kimono.... I tend to do that around Ninjas... ^.^"
Alleria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2006, 06:55 PM   #15
Lady Neese

Actually I'm an outsider on this subject too. It just doesn't sit well with me when people are snarky and start fights with other people saying they are better and trying to tell people that they should do something else.

Cosplay for most people is a fun hobby and it really is unfortunate that people have to be mean about someone else cosplaying something that they like. My friend who was dressed as Lirin from Saiyuki a couple of years back ran into another Lirin cosplay and was told that she stole the other cosplayers costume. WTF!! Who cares if you're the same character or the same general genre of character as long as you all have fun. I know not everyone has this attitude but can't people just get along without being rude?

So who exactly is going as Kage-Kanbu? I wanna know who to hit up for gum. ^.^

Last edited by Lady Neese : 08-17-2006 at 07:00 PM.