Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-10-2006, 08:39 PM   #1
obiewolf
lycanthropic vampire

Talking How to look more Caucasian?

Hey guys, I don't know if this has been posted before but looking around, I've only seen a lot of how to look more Asian threads and myself, being Asian, would actually like to know the other side of it.

Does anyone have any killer tips on making yourself look more Caucasian? I know there are many ways to enlarge eyes/create the double eyelid thing, but are there other tips and tricks as well having to do with, oh say, facial structure, etc.

Thanks in advance!
obiewolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-10-2006, 09:30 PM   #2
SummonerYuna
Perfectly Imperfect

Hm. I'm no expert with make-up, but I am a Seventeen Magazine Junkie, and I have learned a few things.

1- Make up for the eyes
Obviously, you've said you've heard of stuff to make illusions. But, just incase you haven't heard this...
I'm sure it's different for every person, but with my experience, asian people usually have smaller eyes. The best way to fix this is to steer clear of darker colored eye shadows. And with eye liner, it's best to put it just below the opening for the lower lid. And on the top eye lid, make your eye liner thicker in the middle, and less refined at the edges.
Also, putting light colored eye shadow all the way up to your eyes brow. But more natural colors like nudes and shimmers. Not clowny-colors. (Unless it's called for with the character)

And with facial structure -

Blush helps if you follow the cheek bones with refines colors and shimmers. This helps your cheek bones look more defined. Unless you happen to have REALLY refined cheek bones, use softer tones, and very little shimmer.

Yes. Shimmer fixes everything. :3
SummonerYuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2006, 04:11 PM   #3
Chuwei
Eat. Sleep. Repeat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obiewolf
Hey guys, I don't know if this has been posted before but looking around, I've only seen a lot of how to look more Asian threads and myself, being Asian, would actually like to know the other side of it.

Does anyone have any killer tips on making yourself look more Caucasian? I know there are many ways to enlarge eyes/create the double eyelid thing, but are there other tips and tricks as well having to do with, oh say, facial structure, etc.

Thanks in advance!
OBIEWOLFIE! *Chuu's*
what character d'you have in mind for trying to look more caucasion-y? Personally I think making your skin a more pinkish and lighter tone should help, and lipliner D: 'cuz Asians tend to have smaller....well, everything. Smaller eyes, nose, and lips. and boobs TAT
Of course there are exceptions to these, but I am sadly not one of those exceptions! D:

-- [ *ACP* ] ---- [ *Cure* ] ---- [ ♪♪♪ ] ---- [ Flickr ] --

その笑顔の為なら 何だって出来るだろう 僕の大切な宝物♪

Upcoming Conventions
--> ??? <--

Chuwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2006, 01:01 PM   #4
obiewolf
lycanthropic vampire

CHU CHU~ <3

Oh I didn't really have any character in mind, just wanted general tips for maybe bigger eyes, a less flat facial structure, higher nose, deeper brow, etc, etc.

I guess the best bet at achieving an anime like face is the eye enlarging XP
obiewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2006, 09:12 PM   #5
Chuwei
Eat. Sleep. Repeat.

well for a higher nose you can try using a bronzer or earth-toned eyeshadows to create a light shadow on the sides of your nose close to your eyes to create the illusion of a higher nose. The same technique can be used on the eyes to create the feeling of deeper-set eyes.
fake eyelashes + eyeliner really helps make eyes look bigger, but I'm helpless as well on the less flat facial structure thing. >A<

-- [ *ACP* ] ---- [ *Cure* ] ---- [ ♪♪♪ ] ---- [ Flickr ] --

その笑顔の為なら 何だって出来るだろう 僕の大切な宝物♪

Upcoming Conventions
--> ??? <--

Chuwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2006, 07:46 PM   #6
Senko-chan

well I guess for the eyecrease you can just see where it would be and use some eyeliner and define it. Not darkly though, just a little to make it appear that there's one and maybe smudging it a little would work too.
Senko-chan is offline   Reply With Quote