Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Pokemon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-12-2006, 04:51 PM   #1
LLT1589

Cosplaying as Suicune from Pokemon need advice and tips please!

Hi ya'll. I'm going to an Anime convention as Suicune, the Legendary dog from Pokemon. He stars in the movie Pokemon 4ever with Celebi. I need some tips about how to make this costume. I have a few ideas already but I need more. I hope to win the cosplay contest so I need some amazing ideas! Here is a picture. (Also plan on going Anthro, not a furry ^_^)

Last edited by LLT1589 : 07-12-2006 at 05:00 PM.
LLT1589 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-12-2006, 10:27 PM   #2
phantomthief
It was fun, wasn't it?

Okay, there are a few things you need to know...

1. Next time, please attach your image to the message rather than sticking it directly in the post. It is very large ^.^;;;

2. DO NOT go into a costume contest expecting to win. I'd say that even if you were a seasoned veteran. You'll only get dissapointed most of the time.

Now that THAT's over with, I have a few questions for you!

1. Are you male or female? (I'm GUESSING that you're female, but... you never know!)

2. Going with the first question, would you like to stick more to the animalistic form (the first thing that comes to mind is "Esper Terra", but many Final Fantasy summons are done in this style) with clothing "simulating" the animal bits (such as two long scarves simulating a tail) and using very animalish fabrics (furs, suedes, etc) or turn it into a more human form such as a dress (PikaBellChu's lovely pokemon gowns come to mind) or swimsuit type garment.

3. ... It's the dreaded question... What's your budget?

This should help us help you out a bit

~Ari-chan
Unread 07-13-2006, 12:08 PM   #3
LLT1589

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomthief
Okay, there are a few things you need to know...

1. Next time, please attach your image to the message rather than sticking it directly in the post. It is very large ^.^;;;

2. DO NOT go into a costume contest expecting to win. I'd say that even if you were a seasoned veteran. You'll only get dissapointed most of the time.

Now that THAT's over with, I have a few questions for you!

1. Are you male or female? (I'm GUESSING that you're female, but... you never know!)

2. Going with the first question, would you like to stick more to the animalistic form (the first thing that comes to mind is "Esper Terra", but many Final Fantasy summons are done in this style) with clothing "simulating" the animal bits (such as two long scarves simulating a tail) and using very animalish fabrics (furs, suedes, etc) or turn it into a more human form such as a dress (PikaBellChu's lovely pokemon gowns come to mind) or swimsuit type garment.

3. ... It's the dreaded question... What's your budget?

This should help us help you out a bit

~Ari-chan

oops sorry.. yes i am female. i'm thinking about either doing the swimsuit garmet or the first thing you said. i don't really have a budget either.
LLT1589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2006, 04:26 PM   #4
Tabby Catty
Professional Pirate

Well the head thing would make and excellent crown make it out of foam of paper mache, or use floral wire. For the purple fur make a cape out of fuzzy fabric and then the ribbons can be a belt to bell bottoms and a top that are blue and can go like suicune's skin pattern.
Tabby Catty is offline   Reply With Quote