Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-14-2006, 12:23 AM   #1
Tigerzeyes
~ Evil Butterfly Minion ~

Super Giant Petticoat of Doom: is this one worth buying?

The petticoat on the left is the one in question:
http://www.inthestarlight.com/princesspetti.html

36$ + 4$ shipping (all in US$, and I'm Canadian)
Is this a good price? Could I just make something this full myself? I really want A LOT of fullness.

Another good question is, should I even GO for this much fullness? I'm on the curvy side... fit, but curvy and I wonder if something like this might make me look ... big in the bum-al area, lol

Thanks guys!

~Tiger

Unread 07-14-2006, 10:52 AM   #2
WickedLady
t3h H4x0r

I have it The tulle crushes a bit after a really long day, but it adds a lot of poof to your skirt. A little bit of "fluffing", so to speak, throughout the day keeps it in pretty good shape. I'm not experienced with petticoats, so I don't know if it's normal, but I've had mine since January, and it's pretty much lost most of it's fluff. I'm fairly large, and I've noticed in past pictures I've taken that I actually look really wide with it on or when I stand in certain ways, such as with my hands clasped in front of me. I cant say if it's a good buy or not.
I still love mine and wear it once in awhile, but because most of the skirts I wear are gathered around the waist it tends to add unnecessary bulk, especially around the bum. Thus I only wear it when I need to show off the detailing on a skirt...
I hope that was helpful, lol... If you look at the galleries page on inthestalight, I'm the one having the teaparty with my bear... I'm wearing the petti there, under the skirt.
-Krissy
WickedLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2006, 05:49 PM   #3
aoisakura
=^._.^=

I am a big anti old fashioned croline (aka cage like) underskirts, I think to look really loli you should wear just lots and lots of fabric made into a very gathered generous underskirt, as with those cadge type things that puff out without actual gathers it makes it look a bit.... idk how to say it weird....

And as for looking big in the hip area, isnt the point of these things to make your whole area below waistline very full? ^^
Unread 07-17-2006, 01:50 PM   #4
PennyPlay

You should get it. In my opinion, those of us with a little extra padding look better if we get the petticoat to match. Otherwise it looks undersized and a little silly.

Also, while you probably could easilly make a poofy petticoat by altering thrift store prom dresses, it would be hard to get that nice umbrella curve--which is the cutest thing. Besides, the price (especially shipping) is totally reasonable.
PennyPlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2006, 03:20 PM   #5
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

I'm a big-hipped girl-- well, big everything-- and if whatever I've got on my hips is too full then I look really ridiculous, especially if my midsection is cinched (thereby adding more flesh to the hip area anyway). I find that if you have big hips you can skimp a little on the fullness of the petticoat-- that is to say, try to find one that's LESS full on top and MORE full on the bottom to help balance it, but if it poofs out too much at the top it may make you look a bit silly.

--Penny
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2006, 09:25 PM   #6
AlphaNinn
I am me?

I agree with Penny.

I just made a petticoat purchase, and I'm bulky. I was afraid it'd look horribly, but the poof didn't start at the top, and it's balanced, and very flattering. (granted, it's a floor length petticoat). The poof really begins just under my hips.
AlphaNinn is offline   Reply With Quote