Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Trinity Blood

Unread 07-17-2006, 11:23 PM   #1
TerukiHolic
「Hitsu」

Trinity Blood - Band or no band?

I'm curious as if I should make the red band on their arms. http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...YBLOimg025.jpg

I'm very -very- afraid that it'll be taken the wrong way at an upcoming con to those who do not read nor watch Trinity Blood. Honestly, I would feel more comfortable without it.

Although I would feel comfortable without it, it feels like the cosplay is missing a huge part. I'm not sure why, but it feels like I should wear it. xD; Contradictory...

To wear or not to wear? Any opinions or experiences with this? ^^;
AnimeEXPO 2009
Yaoi-con 2009

|Future Cos|
Tesla (BLEACH) - -%
Len (VOCALOID) - -%
Colonello (REBORN) - -%

TerukiHolic is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-17-2006, 11:29 PM   #2
Space Invader
Sparkle Butt

I would wear it. Lots of anime costumes implement an arm band of sorts, and if someone is questioning it they should have enough brains to look at the symbols on it before going on a tirade about how you're a nazi or whatever. Nothing on the armband is even close to resembling a swastika, so I wouldn't worry about it.

{ I N L U M I N O }
Space Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2006, 11:31 PM   #3
TerukiHolic
「Hitsu」

I'm not sure where I saw it, but doesn't it have the star of david on it?

I don't know if that means anything or not though. ^^; It's a jewish symbol though, is it not?

BTW, You were so AWESOME at A-kon. xD
AnimeEXPO 2009
Yaoi-con 2009

|Future Cos|
Tesla (BLEACH) - -%
Len (VOCALOID) - -%
Colonello (REBORN) - -%

Unread 07-17-2006, 11:49 PM   #4
Nicepants
Shinigami of pantaloons.

yes, it has a star of david on it. Which makes sense, they oppose the vatican, so they would naturally support judaism (sp?). Also, the star of david is not JUST a jewish symbol, as it is used in some non-religious instances. Sort of like how the manji symbol being the root of what a swastica is, but means something entirely different.

I'll tell you something that my friend had to deal with. She was cosplaying a character from hellsing that wore a swastika. It wasn't a symbol similar to a swastika, it was an actual swastika. She normally wears it with the costume with no worries, as she doesn't really feel that certain characters should be offlimits to cosplay because of stuff like that. However, shortly after hurricane katrina, there was a convention she went to in dallas, and dallas then had a LOT of people, particularly minorities of all kinds, that weren't from the area or familiar with anime staying in the hotel that the convention was at. She chose not to wear the swastika because those people weren't expected to know anime, and wouldn't understand that she wasn't actually supporting the notion of being a nazi.

So use your own judgement. If you're in an area where virtually everyone is a con-goer, then they are expected to assume you're just cosplaying a character, and ask you, or someone else, what the character is about. If your in an area where there are still tons of civilians, and many people who won't even guess that you are dressed from an anime you might go with leaving the armband off.
Nicepants is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2006, 11:56 PM   #5
TerukiHolic
「Hitsu」

Nicepants;

Yeah, I'm going to cons in Dallas as well. To take the short way, maybe I will just put it on for photos but while I'm walking around, leave it in my pocket.
AnimeEXPO 2009
Yaoi-con 2009

|Future Cos|
Tesla (BLEACH) - -%
Len (VOCALOID) - -%
Colonello (REBORN) - -%

Unread 07-17-2006, 11:58 PM   #6
Space Invader
Sparkle Butt

The six-pointed star is also used in a lot of pagan symbols, so I don't think it's exclusively Jewish. *shrug*

{ I N L U M I N O }
Space Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2006, 03:03 PM   #7
Luna

We wore our TB Rozenkruz uniforms at many Cons and never had problems with armband.

Psycho-Pass
Magi Labyrinth of Magic
Luna is offline   Reply With Quote