Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Props/Accessories/Armor

Unread 07-18-2006, 05:25 PM   #1
Hiro_01
"haha moo"-Kakashi

Wonder foam or the stuff from Cosworx?

for somereason firefox is being a doumb a** right now so i can't axes the site, but i don't remember what it was called.

anyway, i'm seriously thinking about makeing all my exories out of the stuff from that place, but never worked with any such pieces. Can anyone tell me what it's like before i buy it and if i should use Wonder fome or what ever that stuff is.

oh and if anyone was wondering what costume i'm doing, i'm doing Goku from Saiyuki and may make Sanzo's gun if i have more to use after word. But the staff is the first on my list fowled by the wirst bands, belt, crown and then the shoes if i buy enough
L100%
Jessy:100%
Ed-100%
Adding a new con to the list! Bakuraketsu, Anime Boston, CT con (hopefully they'll be more in the summer if i can pay for them all)
Hiro_01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-18-2006, 08:04 PM   #2
Karisu-sama
Cosplay.Mom: "Play nice!"
Board Moderator

OK, by "exories" I assume you mean "accessories"??

And to access (not "axes") the site: http://www.cosworx.com/
Perhaps your browser doesn't find it because you misspelled it as "Crossworxs". (I have also fixed this thread's title spelling.)

Cosworx sells Wonderflex, which are flat sheets of thermoplastic, not much thicker than posterboard, that you can cut and heat with a heat gun to shape it. It can also be made to stick to itself when heated. It has an attached synthetic fiber weave embedded in it, and can be stretched on the bias (diagonal). When it is hot, it can be formed over foam (not "fome"), or pressed into a mold. It may not come with instructions, so you need to look it up on the internet.

Here is a Cosplay.com Wonderflex thread, which is very helpful:
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=60768

Cosworx also sells Fosshape, which is similar to the stiff fabric used for making hats, and can be sewn and heat-shaped. (Again, check the internet for directions.)

Last edited by Karisu-sama : 07-18-2006 at 08:14 PM.
Karisu-sama is offline   Reply With Quote