Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > San Diego Comic Con

Unread 07-18-2006, 06:07 PM   #1
Rogue Marvel
Pirate Love

save money on parking

I have always told people they should try taking the trolley in instead of parking towntown but aparently Comic con is also suggesting this.

It apears that during comic con you can park for free at Qualcomm Stadium and pay a few dollars for a trolley pass and take that in.

Don't worry about riding in costume....they are used to it during comic con and you really won't be the only one

Unread 07-19-2006, 01:15 AM   #2
systemerror5150
Shirt Ninja Pirate

Some good..no..some great advice here. I did this last year in costume {my first time cosplaying} and the year before {my first - and only - time attending all four days.
systemerror5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2006, 01:56 AM   #3
xfkirsten

I gotta third this advice! That's what I do every year. They do run the special event trolleys for Comic Con. If you're going by yourself, it's cheaper than parking (although parking downtown is probably cheaper if you have a lot of people carpooling), it drops you off right in front of the convention center, and you don't have to deal with driving downtown on a busy weekend.

And I LOVE going in costume on the trolley then. There's a number of other people in costume. I think last year there was me (Stargate Atlantis), a knight, and Batman in the car I was in.
xfkirsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2006, 11:53 AM   #4
Gowa-chan
. . . is bored now.

Sadly, I think I'm only going to use the trolley tonight, because i pack lunch in my car, along with my emergency kit for my costumes, so i find it nice to have my car pretty close (plus, its nice to dump what you buy versus lugging it around)
Unread 07-19-2006, 12:49 PM   #5
Master Zero
For KHAZ MODAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Marvel
I have always told people they should try taking the trolley in instead of parking towntown but aparently Comic con is also suggesting this.

It apears that during comic con you can park for free at Qualcomm Stadium and pay a few dollars for a trolley pass and take that in.

Don't worry about riding in costume....they are used to it during comic con and you really won't be the only one
Thats so sick. I like that idea ^^
Unread 07-19-2006, 03:10 PM   #6
Chibi Plush Toy
KTBSPA24-7

I'm taking the bus and trolley to Comic Con...since I don't have a license yet, eheh. Need to double check the route today because OMG it's Preview Night.
♥◌°
Chibi Plush Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2006, 10:27 PM   #7
Reno_kun
who ya gonna call?

I take the trolley every year
Unread 07-19-2006, 10:40 PM   #8
starlet_flower
Miss GENtern

Coaster and trolley for me. although i dunno what to do about sunday, since Coaster doesn't run.

Finished Costumes
SurGEN-Repo! The Genetic Opera
GENtern(regular version)-Repo! The Genetic Opera
Opera GENtern-Repo! The Genetic Opera
starlet_flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2006, 10:44 PM   #9
dst
AKA 'dust'

Smile

How long does it take to get to the CC from Qualcomm via the trolley? It seemed like there were many stops in the schedual.

We parked downtown at Ace parking by Petco Park, 5.00 day and walking distance to the CC.

Last edited by dst : 07-21-2006 at 10:47 PM.
dst is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2006, 06:32 PM   #10
Ladaym
Entil'zha Veni!

For groups, though?

Mm, our group considered the trolley, but it was cheaper to pack all 6 of us into a car, park downtown, and walk.

But then, we've only ever had 1 of us cosplaying at a time. (This '06, our guy put on his armor and cape in the parking lot before we walked over to the Con.) Already being in costume vs. dressing at the Con might be a consideration for groups when deciding whether to ride the trolley or pack into a car. . .

Cosplay requires accuracy, creativity, and skill - often on a budget and during a time-crunch. Sounds like most of life, eh?
Ladaym is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2006, 11:03 PM   #11
xfkirsten

Quote:
Originally Posted by dst
How long does it take to get to the CC from Qualcomm via the trolley? It seemed like there were many stops in the schedual.

We parked downtown at Ace parking by Petco Park, 5.00 day and walking distance to the CC.
I'm not sure about from Qualcomm, but from Linda Vista it took 15-20 minutes.
xfkirsten is offline   Reply With Quote