Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > CLAMP Series

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-18-2006, 09:26 PM   #1
XBeanX
It's Only Forever

Chobits Help

Okay so I saw this really cute pic of Chii and would love to do the dress for it but I have a few things to ask. http://www.winds.org/~arren/backgrou...s/chobits7.jpg now i'm wondering if its is a full lagthe skirt, or if the back is long and the ruffles in the front are short like down to the knee? it's hard to seeing as she is siting down. So I wanted to know that others think? And hopfully I can get the time to make it. And I thought perhaps I can use this patturn to help me to do http://store.sewingtoday.com/cgi-bin...I=10013&page=6 it well need a bit of changing but I think it will work fine.
XBeanX is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-18-2006, 11:10 PM   #2
DemonMiko

Well seeing as I'm still relatively new to cosplay here, I can only offer up some suggestions to you but I think that the pattern you have chosen would work alright.

I've seen this dress done where the front was shorter than the back and I've seen it done where the whole skirt of the dress was down to just above the knee. So personally if I were the one doing it, I'd have the front ruffles be about mid-thigh and the back go down to a little below the knee.

Hope that helps somewhat. Good luck though ^^
Project(s) Status
Ideas in progress...
Yuki [Vampire Knight] - Diao Chan or Zhen Ji [Dynasty Warriors 6] - Mulan [Duh...]
DemonMiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2006, 05:21 AM   #3
Laurelin
mew!

I've been considering that costume myself. I would go for a pattern with an empire line for get the shap of the bodice, such as http://store.sewingtoday.com/cgi-bin...I=10013&page=9

I would do the skirt just above the knee, maybe with more petticoat/ruffles at the back and possibly a few inches longer. Then again, I'm fairly conservative about showing my legs and we all know Chii isn't!

http://laurelin77.deviantart.com/

http://www.laurelin.co.uk
Laurelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2006, 12:13 PM   #4
MisatoNpenpen
Eskimo sister

That's the magical thing about half of chii's outfits.. There's ONE PICTURE of it. It seems like a lot of her dresses are shorter in the front and longer in the back, so you may be able to just go along with that trend.. and that's what I'd suggest. I suppose you get to take the liberty of choosing with costumes like this!
Unread 07-21-2006, 08:15 PM   #5
Cosplay_Kitten
Pandora Hearts Cupcake

The dress is longer in the back most of chii and freya's costumes are like that and the ruffles I would have the front ones come down to the knee and then the back covering the rest of the dress (I don't really know if that made sense its kinda hard to explain what I'm thinking. ^.^ Also CLAMP makes Chii's and Freya's costumes pretty hard I would know I made Chi''s Butterfly Dress and I wanted to kill the laceing around the back!
Cosplay_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2006, 02:08 PM   #6
XBeanX
It's Only Forever

Thanks for all your inputt. I thought the same with it being short in the front, but I tought I'd ask any ways. And to what MisatoNpenpen asked. Yes I get to pick my costumes unless a freind asks me to be someone for a show I don't know but they need people to be in a group, I help them out with that. Ahe yeah Chii's outfits a hard to make not to long ago a made her bakery outfit and it being on for her more simplers dresses it was no walk in the park to make.
XBeanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2006, 02:20 PM   #7
MisatoNpenpen
Eskimo sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBeanX
Thanks for all your inputt. I thought the same with it being short in the front, but I tought I'd ask any ways. And to what MisatoNpenpen asked. Yes I get to pick my costumes unless a freind asks me to be someone for a show I don't know but they need people to be in a group, I help them out with that. Ahe yeah Chii's outfits a hard to make not to long ago a made her bakery outfit and it being on for her more simplers dresses it was no walk in the park to make.
For my post, I meant you get to choose how you want to make the costume look, not choose the costume it'self