Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > San Diego Comic Con

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-21-2006, 12:33 AM   #1
ebonywings

Anime cosplay and Comic con?

Ok, I have never been to Comic-con and well I'm going on Saturday, are anime cosplay welcome and well recieved there? Well my question is what should, if i should cosplay as, my shampoo or my Kasumi from DOA. I'm just not sure what if any would be ok. Sorry I know this is last minute but any thoughts from you all would help. Thank you all in advance.
ebonywings is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-21-2006, 12:50 AM   #2
Chibi-kun
spam and rice! >D

Anime cosplay in Comic Con is completely fine. But personally, for a more popcultured and general based con like Comic Con, you would stand a better chance at doing Kasumi namely because its a video game cosplay.

Me and a group of friends did Anime cosplays earlier. There were a few people who knew who we were (namely because Naruto is such a big thing) but the characters we cosplayed werent exactly very popular (timejump and ANBUs) but I'm sure we would have gotten better fan feedback if we did a video game cosplay such as KH or Advent Children.

Chibi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2006, 01:37 AM   #3
demifiend
Anonkira be praised...

You'll be fine, but the attitude towards costuming in general seems to be kind of bland. I saw very little today, and nothing that impressed me all that much (although, granted, I got there kind of late). Chibi-kun is right. You'd be best suited in a video game type of costume. Kasumi will probably be recognized, whereas I doubt that my Albel will.
Unread 07-21-2006, 01:51 AM   #4
Chibi-kun
spam and rice! >D

Yeah, costuming in general in comic con is pretty scarce, but I did see a large following of both Star Wars and Lord of the Rings costuming, but its mostly star wars since its such a huge pop culture thing. Honestly, Comic Con isnt a very anime based convention. So sticking with a more generalized costume, as one from a popular video game such as Dead or Alive will get you more of a chances of recognition of who you are.

My sister went as Jam and I per se, went as TJ Sasuke. And obviously, being the video game character that she was, Jam got plenty of attention as opposed to my sasuke one which just got weird stares and the odd looks thanks to the sharingans.

Chibi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2006, 10:40 AM   #5
ebonywings

ok cool then cosplay is well recieved or at lest not totally looked down on, thank you both for your thoughts, maybe I'll see you there tomorrow...hehe maybe not it huge right?!Anyway thanks again.
ebonywings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2006, 01:10 AM   #6
OrionX5
Spatulas and Boomsticks

I'll be videogamecosplaying. Resident Evil 4...Leon S. Kennedy. See you guys at 1.
OrionX5 is offline   Reply With Quote