Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Unread 03-08-2003, 06:26 PM   #1
PretearWink
Check Q and A ^_^

Rikku's weirdo glove

Ok then gang, I gotta get to making a reg Rikku costume, and I was wondering how all you wonderful Rikku costumers before me solved the problem of her big 'ole tan glove sheild thingy^_^ I've searched around for welders gloves, and I can't find one I could use. I want it to look padded and nice, but honestly, I'm not up to actually sewing the thing myself. @.@ Or is that how all of you did it? ^^; Any help at all is greatly appreciated!
PretearWink is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-09-2003, 03:54 PM   #2
PretearWink
Check Q and A ^_^

My thread was moved! I got all disoriented and worried for about half a sec I was looking at animal handler gloves for like birds and stuff and I found some! But they cost $145 @.@ Highway robbery! *stabs overpriced specialty goods*
Unread 03-09-2003, 06:33 PM   #3
Maryssa
Dragon Queen
STAFF OF d00m

you might wanna shrink y our sig a bit =/ i think the limit is 8 lines. just giving a heads up before the mods notice ^^;
Maryssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2003, 06:38 PM   #4
PretearWink
Check Q and A ^_^

@.@ Good point, forgot about my over the top sig ^^;

*cries* So, no one has any ideas or info? Alrigthy then, some hawk handler seller is gonna make one heck of a sale soon ^_^
Unread 03-09-2003, 09:35 PM   #5
marsie
Busty MacHumps

Have you tried ebay? Or another really good place is a pet store....
marsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2003, 10:17 PM   #6
Troppy
That was... objectionable

hmm, can't you just get some sort of men's suede work glove? If you got a glove made for a guy, it would have that extra length on it...and you can stuff it or something so it doesn't look so floppy. it still may be too short though, but I bet if you hunted around hardware/lawn care stores and websites you could find something...

I wouldn't go into the super-expensive animal trainer thing just yet...unless you want to be Animal Trainer Rikku as well. Then it would be authentic, and that would be sweet.

I just would never feel comfortable spending THAT MUCH on such a small aspect of a costume... x.X
Troppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2003, 06:49 AM   #7
SuthrnBelleChan
The Migratory Bird SIMCA

I acctually couldn't find one and that's why I just went with my orange arm peice. Or you could make one, though making gloves is very hard, imo

2010 Convention Plans:
MTAC - Nashville, TN
PersaCon - Huntsville, AL
Dragon*Con - Atlanta, GA
AWA - Atlanta, GA

2010 Cosplay Plans:
Queen Maya from Kamen Rider Kiva
Female Sheep XIAH from DBSK
Ringo from Air Gear
SuthrnBelleChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2003, 08:47 AM   #8
Ryukku
+ Princess +

I am making rikkus costume too, and have REALLY a big problem with how to acctully MAKE that glovie thing ^^;;;; maybe i'm going to use what she did:
http://www.layer-infinity.net/iplay/f02/rikku.jpg
or maybe something like what limeyaku did. If I can't find that fabric that the first girl (called cici) have then I am going to plan to make a a normal glove in that milk-white color first (with normal fabric/stretch) and then wear something under it, like another thick glove (that can make the first thin normal fabric glove thicker inside it. lol i am totally NOT good at explaining things ^^;

Last edited by Ryukku : 03-10-2003 at 08:50 AM.
Ryukku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2003, 04:47 PM   #9
Troppy
That was... objectionable

actually...Rikku's glove would be a good place to START making gloves if you've never done it before. It's oversized, and there's only one in the first place, so it doesn't need to match with a second one!

uh...hurray! (although...i probably wouldn't make one myself...lol, I suck.)
Troppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2003, 05:02 PM   #10
PretearWink
Check Q and A ^_^

Maybe I could get two elbow length gloves and wear one inside-out inside the other.... Do you guys think that would make it look thick enough? ^^; Oh man, this glove thing is hard. I just KNOW I'd mess up if I tried to make a real one.

Maybe these? --> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tegory=14 075
Unread 03-10-2003, 05:41 PM   #11
krystal1314
Cheesemists

My Rikku glove is kinda messed up since I didn't use a pattern to make it besides my hand, lol I traced my hand on vinyl and then cut out the design... it came out OK, but not as "fluffy" as I want it to be ^_^ Maybe you can line it with fleece or something?
krystal1314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2003, 05:45 PM   #12
evil_neko
evil nervous park squirel

For mine, I used a funcing glove, and just put black elastic strips around it, but I couldn't get a tan one and the straps kept falling >.< But, if you used that, you can get them for reltively cheap (I got mine for fifteen bucks online and it came the next day), and just dye it a bit. I know, I know, it won't be all padded, but you could cover it with something if you had to.

I hope that helps >.<
evil_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2003, 06:17 PM   #13
PretearWink
Check Q and A ^_^

Fencing glove? Interesting..... XD I've been checking places online, where on earth did you find a fencing glove that long?^_^
Unread 03-24-2003, 11:28 PM   #14
Limeyaku
First-Mate

wink, those gloves on ebay would be PERFECT.

personally, i dont care about the leather/vinyl texture, since in-game, you can't really tell ( which are the colours i prefer and base my outfit off of. ^_^ )

those look pretty much exactly like what i used, a normal elbow length ballroom-esque glove, then i made a rectangular pillow, stuffed it and pinned it together and wore the long glove overtop. ^_^ it looks REALLY clean, but make sure you use new stuffing or it will look lumpy like cellulite. ^^;;; <-- needs to re-stuff her own glove.

you might want to wear a glove or two under the hand piece too, to even out the fattyness.

suthernbelle, her tan glove actually isnt on the arm with the orange tubule weapon thingy but hey! no one really notices so yeah, that's a good way to get around it. ^_^

OH! for the straps, i originally used just thick black elastic but im using brown leather straps now. ^_^

hope that helps! ^0^

*is totally done remaking her X rikku costume, is anyone interested in pics? X cosplay is overdone and old now...or is it? ^_^ i hope not...i worked HARRRRRD! LOL!!!! *

Last edited by Limeyaku : 03-24-2003 at 11:35 PM.
Limeyaku is offline   Reply With Quote