Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > "Tales of" Series

Unread 08-07-2002, 02:49 AM   #1
Alexeil
protected by vampires

Tales of (Destiny, ect.)

Was wondering if anyone has or plans to cosplay any characters from this series of games? I did see there was a thread about this over in the AX forum awhile back, did it happen at all? I've been wanting to do Rutee for YEARS. Unfortunatly she falls into my 'I'll do that as soon as I loose enough weight to feel comfortable in it' costume catagory -_-;;; But she is one of my all time favorite characters, so SOMEday I WILL do her!!
Alexeil is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-07-2002, 06:58 AM   #2
Nietsche
Have a SUPER good time!

AX had a good turn out for Tales based cosplayers! Unfortunately not at the same time!

When I was there I did see Eternia and Destiny!
From Eternia there were 2 Meredies, Marone adn I think there was a Keele....and I was Reid Hershel!

From Destiny there were 2 really good cosplayers on Sunday being Stan and Leon.

As for Phantasia there was a group a long time ago..I think they were call iPlay who did a whole battle scene for a masquerade skit...

Some small info on pandas- Eats, shoots and leaves!
(this is an excellent book btw)
The difference a little punctuation makes!
Nietsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2002, 07:39 AM   #3
Celine
Remember me?

Well, some of us who were discussing it decided that next year's Akon would probably be a good time for Tales cosplay. We wanted to try Tales of Phantasia- but most of us haven't played it yet, so this way we'd have enough time to try it out. Also, nobody yet wanted to do Cless, and it'd be sorta silly to have a group without him. XD Yeah, iPlay did a huge group from it a few years back with great costumes!

I love Rutee too! I wish someone'd cosplay her, and I've thought about doing her myself. Basically, since Atwight would be a crucial prop (in my mind), I haven't done her. Sword-making is not one of my skills! hehe... I never knew you were into Tales of Destiny! That is so cool!
Celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2002, 08:20 AM   #4
Rosiel
The FRENCH CONNECTION
Super Moderator

*is confused* Is that the group I am supposed to be part of?
I should stop procrastinating and play the game already. LOL The only problem is that my PS1 is unmodded and my PSX Emu does strange things to Japanese games. Then end up sped up with the chipmunks providing the music and it drives me nuts. But then this emu was optimized to run on slow comps and I'm running it on a 1MHz, so I might need to slow down the computer first.

>___<

Anyway, I am ranting, but keep me posted as to the status of said group. Not that I can get ANY work on my costume before Katsu, mind you, but still...

> Sword-making is not one of my skills!

I'm going to have to make three detailed swords before Katsu so if I get the hang of it I can probably give you tips. ^___^
Unread 08-07-2002, 05:50 PM   #5
Lisibit

I'm planning to go as Farah from Tales of Eternia at AX 2003. I enjoy her character much more than Meredy's, and I think the costume is more flattering- (though orange, pink, red, and green are a strange color combo.) *cheers* Buying fabric on the weekend. Go me!
Unread 08-07-2002, 08:48 PM   #6
Alexeil
protected by vampires

I'm realy glad to here people like these games! Tales of Destiny has been my favorite rpg for quite awhile, but it seemed to get so little notice in the US in general.

Nietsche, have you seen any pics of those AX Tales cosplayers? I'd especially love the see the Leon!!

Celine, I doubt I'll make Akon, but never know! Yeah, I'm glad you're a Tales fan too! Though not surprising we didn't know since we only did meet that one time and didn't get to talk too much. I am definetly looking forward to getting to know people better at the next CT2 meeting.

Atwight is definetly a nessacity for Rutee cosplaying in my mind, too. The swordians were such an intrical part of the story in that game. I kinda missed them in Eternia. But I can't wait to play Tales of Destiny 2 now!! The REAL TOD2, not the American version of Tales of Eternia. Have you heard about it? It's a direct sequal, the main character is Stahn's son!! There's pics up at rpgamer.com in case you haven't seen them.
Unread 08-07-2002, 11:11 PM   #7
Celine
Remember me?

Rosiel- Yes, that would be the group to which I am referring. Between you, Erin, and I (the only people who I have any faith in actually going through with the idea), no one has actually played the game! I got a SNES rom, actually... I know I might miss out on some stuff that way, but at least I trust my SNES emulator!

Alexeil, I have a pic of thoseToD AX cosplayers ... I sure hope I can make the meeting now. ^^
Unread 08-08-2002, 05:45 AM   #8
Nietsche
Have a SUPER good time!

Yup...i have been to the namco site many times.....and yup i would like to play TOD2 too! Have been hearing exciting new stuff about the system too!

Oh yeah..did you want a Cless, Celine?
I really like those Phantasia designs! mostly because they were done by AH My Goddess and Sakura Taisen designer..(name escapes me..)

Last edited by Nietsche : 08-08-2002 at 07:25 AM.
Unread 08-08-2002, 07:42 AM   #9
Nietsche
Have a SUPER good time!

Oh yeah..I want Tales of Fandom too! Now to get my grubby mitts on it!

Unread 08-09-2002, 12:32 AM   #10
Philia Philis
I <3 Peppermint Patties!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TOD COSPLAYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have Philia and Mary costumes! *bounces* Although Mary is in shambles. *cough* I HAVE PHILIA! EE! EE! I haven't even read this thread through yet, but Tania just showed it to me, and AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TOD COSPLAYERS! *dies repeatedly*
Philia Philis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2002, 12:40 AM   #11
Celine
Remember me?

Nietsche- Tales of Fandom! Totally!!! And.. Cless!!!! *dies* Cless is soooooooooooooooooooo cute.... we HAVE to have a Cless. He's the main character. Argh, I guess we have time to find someone to do it.

I'm officially doing Rutee for Animefest. Erin will just have to bring Philia. Whee!
Unread 08-09-2002, 01:30 AM   #12
Alexeil
protected by vampires

Ah, wish I could go the Animefest to see your Rutee! You must take tons of pics!!!
Unread 03-29-2003, 03:37 PM   #13
Nietsche
Have a SUPER good time!

Okay so now I might do another Tales cosplay- not sure what yet....maybe Cless maybe Stan...I kinda see now about the toilet thing in Destiny!

Unread 03-29-2003, 04:05 PM   #14
j-chan
Uso! Butter ja nai?!

eee! *fangirl scream* i love tales of phantasia so much. :D i really want to play the follow-up games, but can honestly say i had a blast playing my spiffy little rom of top. i want to cosplay as chester or klarth- both of them are hilarious~!

you definitely have to post pictures when they're done.

INDIGNATION! :3
Unread 03-29-2003, 04:30 PM   #15
KaineMaxwell
Don't mess with mutants

If it helps anyone I have a translated English rom of ToP.
KaineMaxwell is offline   Reply With Quote