Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > General Construction Help

Unread 08-07-2002, 03:00 AM   #1
lulu

contacts...

Okie...Im tring to find my friend some baby blue cat eye contacts for a costume. I have NO idea where to look...So if you could please tell me where to find some contacts I would really appriecate it.
lulu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-07-2002, 07:31 AM   #2
Neon Genocide
Boy Band Reject

Check with your eye doctor, that would be the first place to start. Though I know walmart and a few other stores have stuff like that. Though I don't know how fast they can get them to you.

I put instant coffee in a microwave oven and almost went back in time.
Neon Genocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2002, 09:14 AM   #3
Yukai
The Death of Innocence

Wal Mart carries a line called Wild eyes. But I don't think they have blue cat eyes, they have yellow. (I own a pair) They take about a week to ship and cost about 120.00 per pair unless you buy them in October when most Wal Mart vision centers have a sale for 74.00 a pair.

Another thing, these types of lenses are harder and more uncomfortable for the eye. Some are injsected with color and it makes the lens surface rough and irritates some eyes. Other people have no problems with them. I suggest seeing a doctor and they can let you try on a pair to see how your eyes react to the contacts.

Try these:
http://www.wildeyescontacts.com/
http://www.lensquest.com/index.cfm/C...=list/start=61

Lens Quest carries red, yellow, green, and white cats eyes. But they have a special thing wher you can order custom made contacts for 200.00 for a pair I think. I highly reccomend asking your eye doctor about these. Ordering online is not that bad, but you need to know a prescription/power(if your friend has one) a diameter of the eye so the lense will fit, and a basecurve. These all depend on your eyes and you should get a contact fitting every 2 years beacuse your eyes grow and change with your body.

I'll look and see if I can find anyplace that sells blue cateyes for a reasonable price.

Yukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2002, 09:07 PM   #4
Space Invader
Sparkle Butt

I know where you can get them online - BWild.com. The contacts run for about $50 a pair, and they have a VERY good selection. They don't have baby blue colored cat eyes lenses, but they have lots of others, including a kinda silvery cat eye that might work for you. Check back often 'cause they're always adding new stuff! They're also a great place for wigs / hair color and costume jewelry. Kick-a$$ clothing, too .

{ I N L U M I N O }

Last edited by Space Invader : 08-07-2002 at 09:12 PM.
Space Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2002, 09:46 AM   #5
HuongStar

They (BWild.com) do have an extensive collection of styles and colors but have you ever ordered from them?

All of the contacts in their catalog look CGed to me, considering it's nearly impossible to get colors to photograph that brilliantly (in comparison to the darker lighting around the actual skin). Anyone have experience with this place?
Unread 08-08-2002, 11:03 AM   #6
Yukai
The Death of Innocence

I really wouldn't trust a place that doesn't specialize in contacts....but that is just my opinion. I also agree with HuongStar, has anyone bought from here?

Yukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2002, 11:56 AM   #7
Neon Genocide
Boy Band Reject

makes ya think a little, I'd have to wait to hear from someone thats bought there...

I put instant coffee in a microwave oven and almost went back in time.
Neon Genocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2002, 12:20 PM   #8
Space Invader
Sparkle Butt

I personally haven't ever ordered from them, but lots of my friends have. They say they're really quick with orders and everything is secure. I honestly can't say if that's true because I haven't bought anything from their site yet. If you're really interested in any there, you might want to email them and ask for details, like what brand they are, and if you can see a non-CG photo of the set, etc. I hope this helps a little bit... *sweatdrop*

{ I N L U M I N O }
Space Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2002, 12:47 AM   #9
Yuna
Nessa
A frakin' Mod

I would suggest to all of you to be warey of where you buy your speacilized contacts because some of them aren't made the right way and the colour can flake off into your eyes and can cause blindness. They also can disallow oxygen into the cornea and that would lead to major problems as well. I REALLY wouldn't trust just any old contact distrubutor...
Yuna is offline   Reply With Quote