Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Unread 03-17-2013, 08:35 PM   #1
CyborgHippo

Materials Needed for Cosplay? First time Help!

Hi cosplay community,I'm new as you can see,I just posted a long detailed thread but for some reason I can't find it and even used the search bar,and Google,I'm assuming it didn't go through...

On the other hand a few might remember me from the 2K forums,I planned on doing a Splicer costume but I decided not too and wanted to do an Boy of Silence costume. He has my favorite design in Bioshock Infinite and I like his background story.

One major problem though... This is my first time ever cosplaying,and to make it worse first time making my own costume! It feels cheap if I just buy an costume and go to Expo,like it doesn't feel special so I don't want to just buy one off Ebay.

Boy of Silence Design:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZPcp4rud4E

I really need help on making the helmet,I don't know what materials to use and how to shape it all in any way,and where to even my materials. Lets just say it's a big mess, I probably won't even be able to finish the costume by the time for anime expo!

I'm just curious how much money it would costs for materials,and based on your experience of making costumes,would mine be hard to do?

Another problem is I don't know where to get an Boy of Silence outfit..... I know this is a major mess,if you think you can't help me,I'll probably make another thread in DMC section concerning Dante or Virgil cosplay.
CyborgHippo is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-19-2013, 05:26 PM   #2
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

You may want to check the RPF. They are more intense, but there are also WIP shots and write ups. Someone there might be working on this costume and can give you some ideas of what's needed and how much it would cost. By the looks of things, you're better off finding the clothes and making the mask/collar parts if your budget is only $100. Best of luck to you!
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote