Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Otakon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-09-2003, 07:17 PM   #1
Nene
Nene punch!

Anyone wanna start a Wolf's Rain group? =X

Yea, so do any of you wanna? I dunno, the cosplay's too easy, but I was thinking of either of Cheza or Toboe, if I can get people to do the group with me..-x_O;; Maybe for like, a "rest" of all that heavy duty detailed cosplay to do something easy for a bit sometime at the Otakon? -^ ^;;
Nene is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-09-2003, 07:24 PM   #2
Nietsche
Have a SUPER good time!

it's always nice to put on an easy costume for evenings when leaving the premises for, say, a meal....

Some small info on pandas- Eats, shoots and leaves!
(this is an excellent book btw)
The difference a little punctuation makes!
Nietsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2003, 07:29 PM   #3
Nene
Nene punch!

yes~ exactly! (of course...Cheza's outfit wouldn't really be considered "nice and easy" compared to the other Wolf's Rain outfits, ne? -x x;; ->>- ) and I wanna check out that one sushi place they were handing out flyers for last otakon...=9

lmao! what'd be funny, was if someone actually cosplayed the wolves themselves XD;
Unread 03-09-2003, 07:43 PM   #4
Nietsche
Have a SUPER good time!

hehe..yes it would be quite funny to see the wolves!
Mmm...sushi would be great for my delicate palette! Eat whenever you can get the chance! My motto for convention and wolf-based survival!

Some small info on pandas- Eats, shoots and leaves!
(this is an excellent book btw)
The difference a little punctuation makes!
Nietsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2003, 08:02 PM   #5
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

Ah...why do peeps keep trying to make this group at every con I seem to be going to....? I keep getting closer to perhaps maybe considering Darcia....just simply too cool-looking.
Yes, the cute tiny chick wants to be yet another tall scarey bishie... There is no cure for me. X_x
Unread 03-09-2003, 09:50 PM   #6
Nene
Nene punch!

ooo, Darcia, that'd look awesome! X3

Really? There's always a group of this? Hmm... I have yet to see one, but now I'm kinda depressed imagining all of the Wolf's Rain cosplayers just how all the KH cosplayer spanned across the Katsucon...maybe I should stick with just making game costumes..... and finish that damned Hugo cosplay -><;; ->>;;
Unread 03-09-2003, 10:10 PM   #7
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

yeah, kinda...there's hopes for ACen (probably won't -really- happen) and more hoping for AX. Um, I kinda wanted to see it myself before agreeing to anything. But Otakon might be far enough away.

Luckily, I now have my 6.5 inch platform boots that I shall now be wearing for every cosplay whether the character actually has boots like that or not. And I shall be of a somewhat more reasonable height to do the guys. ^_-
I can't believe I'm investigating wigs right now, too...ack...I think I'm digging my hole.
Yui is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2003, 01:43 AM   #8
Recca-kun

I was planning Kiba at some point, just let me know when seeing as I have a lot of stuff I'm doing/getting dragged into as is. ^^;

And you haven't seen it yet, Yui? *hits head on desk and PMs you belatedly*
Recca-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2003, 11:38 PM   #9
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

Okay, just saw the first three eps (raw...only have a partial idea of what's going on ^_^*) ....but still, I am so in.

I'm going to aim for ACen, and that way, I'll definitely should have him done by Otakon.
Unread 03-12-2003, 09:41 PM   #10
Nene
Nene punch!

wahaha, yay, i actually got a few people..-^ ^;; ::feels SPECIAL!::

But yea..I still haven't decided to do Toboe or Chiza..-x_o;; my friend wants to do Toboe...but honestly, i doubt she's gonna even go..so.-x x;; monkey! Bwaa
Unread 03-13-2003, 02:44 PM   #11
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

Yeah, yet this somehow turns out to be heavy-duty cosplay for ~me~ anyway. Just be sure to keep me ice-packed or something. X_x*
Um, btw, have you any material suggestions...Like how much of the headpiece should actually be really hair? (I was thinking of building the base part out of a black tina punky wig I have no other use for, but for the long, spikier part...stuffed vinyl, plastic sheeting, feathers?...what do you think would get the idea across best?)
Unread 03-26-2003, 09:48 PM   #12
Nene
Nene punch!

::Forgot...all about this group:: -o__o;;; oh yea!

Yea, well, I'm gonna defently go as Cheza, yup..made my mind..-u u;; And so this is what I got so far::

Kiba: Recca-kun
Hime:
Tsume:
Toboe:

Cheza: Nene
Darcia: Yui
Cher:
The girl in the first few eppies with the bird: Shanpyuu
(and I dun think anyone'll wanna cosplay Hubb or that wolf hunter dude...-Oo;; ) I'll try to ask around of all my friends that are going if they wanna join too~ -^ ^;; It'd be cool if we could get the whole cast XD;;

Yui- Ay.. Yea, I'd say hair extentions would be best and most realistic for the spikey part -^ ^-
Unread 03-26-2003, 10:06 PM   #13
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

Oh yeah, I forgot about this thread too. Yeah, so far I have the metal bits all done (Elasticlay saves the day again) + the blue gems. And I've got the pattern for the funky shoulder coat kinda figured out + really nice 4-way PVC (or I may go for more heavy-duty vinyl with a special chameleon color-change effect for even more accuracy...still have to do tests tho).
But, er, yes....the little rest of it I've been avoiding. Hair extensions probably. I'm just afraid if I dunk them in glue to make the spikes, it's going to look too stiff. I just have this bad vision of it turning out like FF7's Zack's hair. O_o
Unread 03-26-2003, 10:18 PM   #14
Nene
Nene punch!

Ara..that'd wouldn't be good...would it..-^ ^;; Yea, I've been too busy making Heartless cosplays than to start on my other cosplays..oh well...I have a couple of months..-e e;; ::watch me make them all last minute, too:: -u u;;
Unread 04-12-2003, 10:51 PM   #15
SeymourMother
Empress Of Silence

I'm gonna have to download the series but it sounds like a cool Cosplay. I have like 3 costumes so far. But maybe for Katsu, I'll look into it.
-Anime Next 2009-
Organization XIII Zexion (Kingdom Hearts: Chain Of Memories)
Organization XIII Riku (Kingdom Hearts II)
Yazoo(Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children)
~*~
SeymourMother is offline   Reply With Quote