Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Expo

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-07-2002, 08:34 AM   #1
Rosiel
The FRENCH CONNECTION
Super Moderator

Suikoden 3

> Suikoden....o.O....you guys have done Suikoden?? ^.^

You can look in the gallery I have put up in cosplay.com to see two photos of our group (I'm Seed). There are a lot more on my site http://www.angelsanctuary.com under cosplay > Seed

I'm actually thinking of repairing and finishing up all the details on Seed before Nekocon.

> Ok, I want to do and I've been dragging Rosi along, kicking and screaming *laughs*

More or less. I wanted to be Suikogaiden Nash but I refuse to cosplay Suiko3 40 year old Nash. So I thought of defecting to Yuber, who, after all, has the same hair I do. I just don't like his outfit. And I have to make two swords... ;_____;

> He's not wearing all of that armor, but he's still just as evil! Rosi's planning Mr. Blondie >D

Hehehehehe.
I'm just doing it to avoid wearing a wig and you know it! LOL

Unread 08-07-2002, 10:55 AM   #2
Sami
» star*stealing girl

AAA SUIKODEN!! <3 <3 <3 *in love with that crazy game* I have a Seed costume in the works; who knows when it'll actually be done.. @_@ I'd love to cosplay Millie some time. ^_^ She's too cute!

I actually saw a S3 Lilly at Otakon! Stupid me was fumbling for my camera, and by the time, I grabbed it, she was gone.. ;_;

sen - ti - ment - has - got - me - feelin'!
Sami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2002, 11:04 AM   #3
Rosiel
The FRENCH CONNECTION
Super Moderator

> I have a Seed costume in the works

I am really surprised by how popular Seed has become for cosplay... before I wore him I never saw anyone do him, and now people are coming out of the woodwork... ^___^

It makes me wonder if I really want to take the time to finish his gauntlets (the only thing that was missing from my costume *sniffle*) and wear him again or just give up and find another character...
Unread 08-07-2002, 11:05 AM   #4
Yggdrasil Pie
WRYYYYYYY

...I must do a Suikoden costume...must must.... o_O
...so much characters to choose from... ^^;;;
Unread 08-07-2002, 11:40 AM   #5
ME-MANIA-Sama
Ashton Anchors' #1 Fanboy

I wanna do a Suikoden Character so bad... ::frownies and can't think of anybody he'd be good at doing::
Unread 08-07-2002, 12:56 PM   #6
Kenshin Ken
Ore wa, Pocky Ken desu!

aye well it'd be great to see if we could get every suikoden character from the series done and gathered. As I quote from Celine " suikoden is SO unloved!" ^^;;; I think the games marvelous and by now.. it should'eve been somewhat recognized out there...but it still isn't! ^^;; the people I talked to that either ask me where my costume is from or who I was supposed to be... pretty much reply " um.. hmm, well if I never heard of it then I probably haven't" or " aah.. I heard of the game awhile back... never got to play it"... OR " eh.. .I'm more of a Final Fantasey fan"..<< ( okay that last one was a bad joke..excuse me on that one ^^;; ) but yeah.. we gotta gather as many suikdoen cosplayers as possible... I did clive for Fanime, The cheerry blossom festival, and AX... I got no more than 30 people to recognize me in TOTAL ^^;;;;

Mynext costume might have to be Viktor or Hix... these wigs are starting to cook me up ^^;;
Unread 08-07-2002, 01:49 PM   #7
ME-MANIA-Sama

I wish I could figure out a decent and appreciated character from Suikoden to be lol, I'll have to go through a huge chunk of characters and stuff and figure out whom to be.
Unread 08-07-2002, 01:57 PM   #8
Rosiel
The FRENCH CONNECTION
Super Moderator

I don't think Suikoden is that obscure. A lot of people recognized me as Seed and Kinnison had /fangirls/. O_O

But yes it's not FF which is good because otherwise I would not cosplay from it. Seriously, I am FED UP of Lulus and Yunas everywhere, it's not even impressive anymore. Kind of like, say, Trigun. LOL

But back to Suiko3 I want to play it before I cosplay from it.. and I am tempted to actually go a Chris cosplay. Except... I don't know if I will love her personality enough to make that armor. >__<

So, yeah, I might stick with Yuber. I'm just disappointed at his low-key look in the 3rd installment. His outfit is... boring... so his swords better be impressive!
Unread 08-07-2002, 02:05 PM   #9
Nyoko
...Does not exsist...

Well I gess I will move this over here...
I would like to do Eilie for a nekocon some year but her shoes are SO HARD TO DO....Oh and Rosiel, I love your seed costume!! SO COOL!!
Unread 08-07-2002, 02:12 PM   #10
Rosiel
The FRENCH CONNECTION
Super Moderator

> Oh and Rosiel, I love your seed costume!! SO COOL!!

Thank you. ^___^

The gauntlets did not get finished in time though. ;___; And the Highland Banner was missing the black crest on it. So I am a little peeved at that costume I have to admit. LOL
Unread 08-07-2002, 02:23 PM   #11
Yggdrasil Pie
WRYYYYYYY

..hmm...I was thinking, I kinda look like Viki...should I do Viki? Although..in Suikoden 3, I heard she's a little girl... ^^;;;

But, yea... I wanna play it too before I decide who I should cosplay . ^^
Unread 08-07-2002, 03:49 PM   #12
ME-MANIA-Sama

Yuber's cool! He's always been evil awesome, I wanna see a Yuber & Pesmerga at the con! That'd be great. I was contemplating dressing as Nash from Suikogaiden.... but I don't look like him much.... maybe I can get some people to dress up as the 4 Knights... Grenseal, Miklotov, and the other two... who's names are a lot easier to remember I'm sure ^_^

HEY! HEY! Seed, are you the Seed from Katsucon? The Seed whose picture I got up in my photos here at cosplay.com? If so, you were great! I loved you! Let me act out Seed X Culgan scenes with you ^_^ j/k j/k ::hides from pepper spray, mallets, & fryingpans::

Oh! Don't make fun of the excessive Trigun cosplayers... there were only like... what 60 or 70 at Otakon 2001? lol.... But the point is, I was one of the best :reens:: So said my fangirls.... who prolly said that to every other Wolfwood... but that's not the point! I also agree about the Lulu's.... especially the Male Lulu's.... it just scares me to no end.... it should've stopped awhile ago.... Lulu's were impressive the first 2 or 3 I saw at Otakon 2001 & Katsucon 2002, but.... after that it was a costume beaten to death and put together and the belts.... well.... the belts were horrible on half the Lulu's I saw! Like they were put together over night!
Unread 08-07-2002, 04:02 PM   #13
Celine
Remember me?

Once Suikoden 3 comes out, I'm sure we'll all have great ideas for cosplay... there is one particular character design I'm TOTALLY in love with. But I'm not gonna jump the gun- playing the game will be the deciding factor.

hehe, back to working on YET ANOTHER Suikoden 2 costume... whee!
Celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2002, 04:11 PM   #14
Rosiel
The FRENCH CONNECTION
Super Moderator

> I wanna see a Yuber & Pesmerga at the con!

I heard there is no Pesmerga in Suiko3. I am heartbroken!
Yuber without Pesmerga is... unthinkable!

> That'd be great. I was contemplating dressing as Nash from Suikogaiden....

LOL! Me too! His outfit is so wonderful and complex and I could even use my own hair! (Well the front looks the same and I would have to tuck the back in my shirt to make it look short LOL)

I think I could look a lot like Nash once I am in costume. ^__^
But I like to cosplay villains, that's what stopped me.

> Grenseal, Miklotov, and the other two... who's names are a lot easier to remember I'm sure ^_^

Camus and Alen! Of course they are easier! LOL

There were GREAT Camus & Miklotov cosplayers at Anime North I think...

> HEY! HEY! Seed, are you the Seed from Katsucon? The Seed whose picture I got up in my photos here at cosplay.com?

Er... yes I was. >__>
And I can't believe my picture turned out so bad, I ALWAYS close my eyes on pics! *weep*

> If so, you were great!

Thank you! =)

But like I mentioned it wasn't complete... so I need to finish the details, and repaint my armor, it chipped like there was no tomorrow. And this time around I will pad it, goodness did it chafe...

> I loved you! Let me act out Seed X Culgan scenes with you

LOL Only if you cosplay as Culgan and look the part. LOL

*slowly inches towards the frying pan just in case*

> especially the Male Lulu's....

*shudder* Oh yes.
Or the schoolgirls with beards.

If you can't pull off the opposite sex, don't do it. >__<
Unread 08-07-2002, 04:13 PM   #15
Rosiel
The FRENCH CONNECTION
Super Moderator

> But I'm not gonna jump the gun- playing the game will be the deciding factor.

Which is why I was not sure about Chris. But I always thought Yuber kicked ass (and wanted to cosplay him for a while), so unless he suddenly turned into a Jehova's witness or something... I'm in!

And, in Suiko3, he has no armor to make! Yay!