Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Connecticon

Unread 08-01-2006, 09:07 AM   #1
Nuwanda
Shalafi

Searching For Performers!

Not sure how many people at Connecticon 2006 saw the Cosplay Musical, but we'll be doing it again next year and we're starting early. As in a lot of it is written now. Last year we had about a month to prepare. This year will be different.

Anyway, we're looking for performers. We have one role in particular that I am very eager to fill. It can be a guy or girl, but needs to be tenor vocally. But that's just one of the parts. We're still writing it and it will be a constantly evolving thing over the next year. So if anyone is interested, let me know and we can work with it.

My name is Chris. Feel free to add a message to this forum, private message me, or email/im me. The email is nuwandasnicket13@hotmail.com and the screen name is KowTowToMe1st

Thanks, and I hope to be hearing from you!

My greatest sin has always been that I have a wonderful time being myself.
-Lestat
Nuwanda is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-12-2006, 12:00 AM   #2
Michieru
Guru Of Magick

if no one can help you, please let me know. I may not be well in Tenor, but I do have experience with Bass and Baritone (heh) But I"ll be glad to help out.
Unread 08-14-2006, 05:54 PM   #3
Gale
All the world's a stage

Its not actually singing. Its more of a dance/comedy show where you act out a skit as the character of your choice to the music (with vocals) of Broadway shows. Even if we do edit and sing our own, there's a good chance we'll try to pre-record, and I think if we do it on the main state (not definate, if even likely, but we're still crossing our fingers) so don't worry. And if we do sing our own stuff without pre-recording, I'm sure there'll be the option of having vocal recording behind you so you don't have to sing.

Places you may find me in 2013:
Katsucon ~ ConBust ~ Anime Boston
PortCon Maine ~ ConnectiCon ~ Dragon*Con
Gale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2006, 02:40 PM   #4
SillyLilNeko
Free hugs! C:

Hey ill join! Im up for it.

Tira - Soul Calibure 4
SillyLilNeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2006, 08:50 AM   #5
Nuwanda
Shalafi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gale
Its not actually singing. Its more of a dance/comedy show where you act out a skit as the character of your choice to the music (with vocals) of Broadway shows. Even if we do edit and sing our own, there's a good chance we'll try to pre-record, and I think if we do it on the main state (not definate, if even likely, but we're still crossing our fingers) so don't worry. And if we do sing our own stuff without pre-recording, I'm sure there'll be the option of having vocal recording behind you so you don't have to sing.

We're actually supposed to be doing most of our own singing this year. But I know we'll be needing ensemble people and/or character roles, so if people are worried about not being able to sing, don't. Right now we don't need to deal with that. Now we just need to find people who want to do this and are enthusiastic (please? Too much to ask?^^).

Tangent done for the morning.

-Lestat
Unread 08-17-2006, 12:44 PM   #6
Gale
All the world's a stage

oooh, yay! ^_^ haha, I can be such a stage-whore.

we so need to decide on one central place to post information and stick to it because I keep getting such outdated or mis-information >_>

Unread 08-17-2006, 02:31 PM   #7
Hiro_01
"haha moo"-Kakashi

singing!? I'm all in for this one! i resently hurd a song from rent and instently thought of Sanzo and Goku, or Goku and Gojyo. Which would be good for me sence i'm going to be pertraying Goku this time around for most of the time. And I can sing well to, or at least i hope i can because i spent most of my school life in music up till softmore year. But last year i took actting, and this year i'm advancing!
L100%
Jessy:100%
Ed-100%
Adding a new con to the list! Bakuraketsu, Anime Boston, CT con (hopefully they'll be more in the summer if i can pay for them all)
Hiro_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2006, 08:39 PM   #8
Nuwanda
Shalafi

Yes, we really do need one central location to post. That is what I hoped for when I started the myspace group, but then Courtney started the new group, and now we have mad cap crazyness again. *pretends her Rufus costume is finished, slips into character and beans Reno over the head*

Just kidding. Totally not Courtney's fault. I just felt like smacking Reno in a Rufus-esque manner. Btw, wtf is with that game and all the R names? Reno, Rufus, Rude....who was on crack when they created it?

-Lestat
Unread 08-17-2006, 08:40 PM   #9
Nuwanda
Shalafi

Screen names.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyLilNeko
Hey ill join! Im up for it.

Awesome! You have email or im that we can talk more through?

(That goes for anyone on this chat, by the by.....if you want to give me your screen names, that would be cool. Thanks!^^)

-Lestat
Unread 08-17-2006, 09:36 PM   #10
Gale
All the world's a stage

mmh, we should get a list of emails/aims so we can contact everyone once we have a set home for our discussions.

I'd say we should just start something compleatly new on some forum service that no one has any afiliation to so we don't have the "oooh, I use this site all the time, we should host our discussions here!" "but I hate that site" problem that we've gotten so far with yahoo, myspace, and I'm guessing now MSN too? except the last thing we need is a new location >_>

Unread 08-17-2006, 10:52 PM   #11
MemoriesofYuna
The Lonely Princess

Alto over here.
Is this in any way related to what I was invited to gale?
<3 Aseret
Unread 08-17-2006, 11:07 PM   #12
Gale
All the world's a stage

um...the thing that was just you me and MysticBlossome? no...and frankly I don't think that will work out this year (we three think too far into the future when it comes to costume contests to coordinate lol) but I think this will be better since it doesn't have the same pressures as a contest, or the time limits (for individual numbers, at least), and there's the posibility to be in more than one number.

But OMG YOU NEED TO BE IN THIS, lol...of course, Chris...do you know if we're still a Friday time slot, or is that even in the works still?

Unread 08-18-2006, 12:38 AM   #13
ilikeyaoi
+SORGASM+

I sent you a PM, but just to recap for people in the thread:

-I've been in three musicals to date, one lead role (Though...I was playing a man. o.o), one minor role, and one ensemble.
- My range goes from first Soprano down to second Alto (I've been trained in both ranges)
-I can be contacted via PM or AIM (vxvmoonyvxv), but I'm never really on AIM anymore. XD
Unread 08-18-2006, 05:00 AM   #14
MemoriesofYuna
The Lonely Princess

Lol can we puh leassee do Show off from the drowsy chaperone?
My voice is perfect for that song. Or any sutton foster really. it would be cool if i had the wicked costumes with me next year as a joke. I just finished one of my ruby red slippers.

Do i need to post a resume or audition? i currently don't have a mic but gale knows what i sound like. Alot of you probably do if you've been to the masqurade since I sing in it every year. i was the princess garnet this year. last year I was the brooklyn that sang and won a best in show. I'm just to lazy to dig my resume and headshot up. XD
<3 Aseret
Unread 08-18-2006, 08:37 AM   #15
Gale
All the world's a stage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemoriesofYuna
Lol can we puh leassee do Show off from the drowsy chaperone?
My voice is perfect for that song. Or any sutton foster really. it would be cool if i had the wicked costumes with me next year as a joke. I just finished one of my ruby red slippers.
=P you beat me to it! arg....*was going to suggest someone do Show Off somewhere* lol...

also, I'm pretty sure its just Anime/Games costumes that we do...or at the least not Broadway....of course, as is common I could be wrong >_>