Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Central

Unread 08-03-2006, 01:28 AM   #1
BionicSlime
Super Villain

Dragon Ball Cosplay Group

I'm a die hard DBZ fan and I find it strange that I barely ever see any DBZ cosplayers. So I was wanting to see if I could get a DBZ cosplay group together for ACEN 07 in IL.

I'm looking for ANY DB related characters from Dragon Ball, Z, or GT, or even from the movies. I'll be going as Janebmba's 2nd form (http://www.geocities.com/dark_agedb/janemba17.jpg) from DBZ movie 12.

We can meet Saturday or Friday or whatever works best, again any Dragon Ball related character is accepted. I'm also planning a "special" dragon ball cosplay costume for the Masquerade. Anyone who's interested in this get together, please let me know.
BionicSlime is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-03-2006, 10:15 AM   #2
Oreo_Otaku
ghetto cosplayer

Interesting.... Well I was GT Trunks on Thursday night of Acen and I do have a Yajirobe cosplay around somewhere that I never wore cause it's not that good... hmmm.... also my friend revived his Great Saiyaman last year as well... update with the details or let me know. I'm planning on staffing Acen again this year so that might come into play on time.
Oreo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2006, 06:13 PM   #3
BionicSlime
Super Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreo_Otaku
Interesting.... Well I was GT Trunks on Thursday night of Acen and I do have a Yajirobe cosplay around somewhere that I never wore cause it's not that good... hmmm.... also my friend revived his Great Saiyaman last year as well... update with the details or let me know. I'm planning on staffing Acen again this year so that might come into play on time.
Well if you get the availability or the time to pose for this group, PLEASE let me know. I don't want to set any times without knowing at least some people might be up for it. My best guess would be Saturday afternoon either outside or inside.

Whichever works best. As I said, any DBZ character is appreciated and whether it's GT Trunks or Yajirobe, the more the merrier. If your friend is interested in doing Great Saiyaman for the shoot, please let me know.

Though even if I get no one, I am still going as Janemba, thanks for your help and I really appreciate it oreo.
Unread 08-04-2006, 10:34 PM   #4
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

I'll tentatively say yes for now - I've been meaning to dust off either Dende or Gohan for a while now and just needed an excuse. Which one gets to play will depend on the rest of my costume schedule, which I won't know (obviously) until at least next Februrary or March.

But it's a good time to get people thinking, if they ever wanted to do a DBZ costume and haven't yet.

COMMISSIONS! Strange Land Costuming - www.strangelandcostumes.com
CapsuleCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2006, 03:06 AM   #5
Tenucha
☣Biohazard Redfield

Gee too bad this isn't Expo :!

Ya this past one there was a SSJ4 Goku, a couple normal Gokus, a Krillian, "Ultimate/Mystic" Gohan, Super/Android 17 and a couple Great Saiyaman and a Sayawoman.

Personally I'm trying to get a Yamcha together... in the yellow suit.
And I wanna put the old symbol he wore as a Desert bandit on the back of the jacket
:~: Gene Starwind (Outlaw Star)

"Tenucha Cosplay" Public Facebook Profile
http://www.myspace.com/tenucha
ANIME EXPO 2010 PICTURES are ALMOST ALL ONLINE!
The rest of Day 4 to be uploaded soon
Tenucha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2006, 05:24 PM   #6
BionicSlime
Super Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenucha
Gee too bad this isn't Expo :!

Ya this past one there was a SSJ4 Goku, a couple normal Gokus, a Krillian, "Ultimate/Mystic" Gohan, Super/Android 17 and a couple Great Saiyaman and a Sayawoman.

Personally I'm trying to get a Yamcha together... in the yellow suit.
And I wanna put the old symbol he wore as a Desert bandit on the back of the jacket
Hey, that's fine, that sounds great. I'd love to see it. And anyone who agrees to this DBZ cosplay, please don't think you HAVE to stay dressed as that character forever. Just an hour or so at the photo shoot and then you guys can slip out if you want.

I won't demand anyone stay in a costume if they got another one they'd rather be showing off. All I ask is wear the DB one for the photo shoot, pose for some pics, and then do whatever you like. Please tell your friends Tenucha, and Capsulecorp.

If you know anyone who cosplays and might be interested in doing this, please let them know, I'd really appreciate it. I know a couple DBZ players I will try to get. The more the merrier, thanks again for ALL your guys help!
Unread 08-07-2006, 09:30 AM   #7
Oreo_Otaku
ghetto cosplayer

hehe... should I try to create a cosplay based on the bad live action Dragon Ball movie? I just saw it in spanish a few days ago.
Oreo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2006, 04:07 PM   #8
BionicSlime
Super Villain

If you want, although I wouldn't be able to gurantee people would recognize that. I myself still haven't seen it though I have heard about how god awful it was.

Even if people want to do easy DBZ cosplays like Uub or Videl or whatever, anyone is accepted. It could even be from History of Trunks or Bardock: Father of Goku TV special. Any of 13 DBZ movies or GT special or Dragon Ball movies etc.
Unread 08-07-2006, 09:37 PM   #9
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

Trust me, none of my current cosplay buddies can be conned into DBZ cosplay. Not gonna happen. But that's okay. It'll give me something to do while GreenFire is running around as KH Sora.

Unread 08-08-2006, 02:05 AM   #10
BionicSlime
Super Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsuleCorp
Trust me, none of my current cosplay buddies can be conned into DBZ cosplay. Not gonna happen. But that's okay. It'll give me something to do while GreenFire is running around as KH Sora.
That's okay, it was just an idea. I know DBZ is like one of the least cosplayed animes, or at least that I've noticed so I'm trying to explore every option. I REALLY want to try and get this off the ground.

I don't want it to turn out like my Power Rangers cosplay group where it was just ME going as Ivan Ooze by myself, even though I had alot of fun as Ooze anyway.

So please ANYONE who knows ANYONE or might be interested in dressing up as a DB related character be it minor or major, even if only for a short time, PLEASE let me know right away.

Last edited by BionicSlime : 08-17-2006 at 02:09 AM.
Unread 04-19-2007, 07:27 PM   #11
SilencedChylde

My friend Joe is going as Master Roshi this year, and as part of the stipulation of him being Roshi.. I'm going as Bulma. I told a friend of mine and he freaked. ("OMGBULMA?!?!")

So, if anyone figures out a time and place for this, I'm there. As long as it doesn't interfere with Trigun or Sentai's photoshoots. :3
SilencedChylde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2007, 02:57 PM   #12
Glay

^_^ I'm bringing my Goku/Goten costume!!
Unread 04-29-2007, 01:05 PM   #13
BionicSlime
Super Villain

Well how does Friday sound? I'll be dressing as Doctor Gero/Android 20 and I'll get to the con hopefully with noon being the absolute latest time. I'm happy to see some guys interested and I'm very happy to see this might actually get off the ground.

You guys tell me when and where would be best for you. We can set it in the afternoon and possibly have it outside or down by the lobby entrance. Also, I'll be going as Janemba (devil from) from DBZ movie 12 for the masquerade, I think people will be quite impressed with this cosplay.

Anyone has any ideas, suggestions, or questions let me know through posts or PM me. And remember: the MORE the merrier .

Anime Central 2020:
Soul Eater - Soul Eater
Giriko - Soul Eater
Super Android 17# - Dragon Ball GT
Unread 04-29-2007, 10:41 PM   #14
Major G
The Real Onizuka

I was Mirai Gohan from History of Trunks back in '04 and ran across a pretty good Piccolo.

Current Cosplay: Alex (Super Cosplay War Ultra), Kai Deguchi (Tokyo Tribe2), Kakashi (Toto! The Wonderful Adventure), Disco Ken Matsushiro (Yakitate!! Japan)

Cosspace: The Maj
MyAnimeList: Major_G
MySpace: The_Agent

Major G is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2007, 10:55 PM   #15
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

Sorry. It's been so long that I forgot you were planning this, and made my plans for the weekend to not include any of my DBZ costumes. It's too late, so I won't be able to join you.