Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > AnimeFEST

Unread 08-08-2006, 01:52 AM   #1
chouzan
Mecha-Shiva!

Death Note Cosplayers

This year at AnimeFEST, I've heard that numerous Death Note groups will be attending. And so, I thought it'd be fun to pull together a photoshoot in regards to this awesome series.
If you plan on cosplaying any of the characters, post a time that would work out good for you on Saturday (around the cosplay competition event) and we'll try to work something out that fits everyone's schedule.
Also, if you know a photographer that would be willing to take photos, let us know! I would ask Sky Pirate, per chance, though I do not know him personally (or much at all). Does anybody else have suggestions?
Thanks!

___________________________ edited | August 11th

Current Info: As of right now, the photoshoot is set up for Sunday at 11am. Tell us what you think! ^_^
--Beni Bara version [100%]
*Companion Cube --Portal [30%]

Deviant Art

Last edited by chouzan : 08-11-2006 at 06:48 PM.
chouzan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-08-2006, 12:01 PM   #2
Kikala
SPIDERPIG!!!

I'm not sure of any photographers that will be there except skypirate. ^^'
But, I have a group... well... if three people is a group. XD; I'll be L and my two friends will be Raito and Misa. And, I'm willing to lend out my handcuffs to anyone who wants to use them... as long as they don't break them. >.<
But Saturday is perfect! ^^ Anytime Saturday will work for me, as long as it's like... past 10 AM
Kikala is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2006, 12:18 PM   #3
chouzan
Mecha-Shiva!

I'm not an early person myself. ^^;
My group are those same three characters! Though, I don't personally know our Raito, and my friend (cosplaying L) and I are having trouble getting him to cooperate with our perfect Death Note cosplay group plans. x_x

We don't necessarily need a professional or even amateur photographer, but it'd be nice if a couple were present at a DN photoshoot. Even little by-standers that just snap quick photos are welcome to take pictures.

Do you think it'd be possible to post flyers or a notice somewhere about the Death Note photoshoot for the cosplayers who don't have a cosplay.com account?

Deviant Art
Unread 08-08-2006, 05:06 PM   #4
Kikala
SPIDERPIG!!!

Hah, that's great. It's kind of hard to find a Mello, Near, Ryuk, and Rem... they're very rare. But I hope we can find some more DN cosplayers. I know at A-Kon, it'll be us three and another friends cosplaying as Matsuda. :3 That'll be fun.
But that stinks, I hope everything works out! We might do a skit, but we're not sure... we'll have to see what all works out.
Yeah, it'd be nice to have some people take pictures, since everyone in my group is in the DN group.
I'm sure we could make some up. If I have time I'll make some up and post a link to them. They did some for random photoshoots at A-Kon didn't they? I don't think many people will mind. And if we run into other random DN cosplayers we'll just tell them about it... unless they already know. XD; That's how the Naruto photoshoot at A-Kon basically happened. But flyers are a good idea. :3 I'm so excited.
Unread 08-08-2006, 06:40 PM   #5
chouzan
Mecha-Shiva!

It is hard to find second arch characters, which is really sad. >_<
I actually haven't seen one Near cosplayer, and yet I've seen two Ryuk! How does that work? ha... but I really love seeing good Ryuks out there. I've never seen a Rem in person.

Hmm... I don't really have a set 'group' or anyone I'm attending the con with. I'm staying with two friends and another girl who I just met (friends with one of mine) in a hotel room, and then I might have a few other friends coming in for one day or so. I'll be wearing Misa on Saturday though and staying with my friend (L) and her school friend (Raito). If the Raito can just conform to our will to wear a suit and look good, then we'll probably do a walk on, but not a skit.
I hope you guys do a skit, though! I'd love to see a Death Note group up on stage! ^_^

I noticed that massive Naruto shoot a couple times at A-kon but gave up trying for pictures because of the lack of room.
That sounds like a good idea, then. If you don't have time to make flyers, I can probably do so (even though I won't have time either... but my thing is, I prioritize the wrong things.. so if it needs to be done I'll do it anyway! XD ). Spread by word always works, too.

Deviant Art
Unread 08-08-2006, 09:41 PM   #6
Kikala
SPIDERPIG!!!

yeah, I saw a near breifly at A-Kon, at least, I'm pretty sure it was Near. I'd really like to see a Mello though, I might just have to add him to my cosplay list, either him or Near... Hmmm... play with toys, eat chocolate all day. Hard decision. XD

I usually stay with the same group of friends, I have ever since my first con, so I guess it's kinda tradition. This year though, will be my first time to be by myself nearly for a whole day. ^^; Hopefully I'll find some people to hang with.
We sort of have a skit that we're going to tape and make it into a series, kind of like a Death Note Big Brother. The only problem is, we wouldn't have a Matsuda, so I would have to re-write basically the whole thing. We might save it until A-Kon. But you never know. :3

There were so many Naruto shoots. I was supposedly supposed to be planning the one at 11 AM on Saturday, but someone moved the whole thing downstairs (I'm glad though, because I didn't realize the place wouldn't be in use at the time). 0.o;;; Though, as Kakashi I got to push Gai Sensei out of the way. X3 it was great. Though, I never found him again after that.
But yeah, I'm working on a cool one. Should it have just the main three characters, or should I add like... everyone (if I include pictures and stuff)
Unread 08-09-2006, 12:41 AM   #7
chouzan
Mecha-Shiva!

I saw the same Mello at A-kon a few times... hanging around with the Raito, L, and Ryuk.
heh.. yeah, sometimes it's hard to tell if something is a cosplay or not, due to particular reasons. XD
And I've never seen a Matsuda cosplayer before! I'd love to, though. Near, Matt, and Matsuda are not frequented enough in cosplay.

Tradition-esque? That's cool! I was always walking around by myself since my first con in 2002 until this last A-kon. I met a lot of people through Gaia Online and also at AnimeFEST, some of which I'm really good friends with now, so I've got them to hang out with at cons now! ^_^
A DN Big Brother series sounds awesome! I'd love to see that if you get around to making it and possibly post it online. I've always wanted to make a video of something, too. It's one of those things though where everyone agrees but it never comes to pass. x_x
Saving your skit for A-kon might not be a bad idea... there were only maybe three even slightly interesting skits this year. The most entertaining aspect of that entire show was the chandelier breaking. XD

Haha.. I love seeing Gai/Kakashi fights! XD

Go ahead and include whatever you'd like! The more characters, the merrier! But... uh, not too many characters. ^^; Keep it clean and easily read. It needs to yell, "FRIGGIN LOOK AT ME!!" ha..

Deviant Art
Unread 08-09-2006, 11:44 PM   #8
mel-mel-chan
だれ?

Well as i've said i'll be there as L... don't know the timing on it yet. Might have a Light, not 100% sure on that yet. Also about pictures, skypirate will be there but he will not be taking any pics at he con since he's having surgery on his right hand or wrist or something like that. My fiancee was chatting with him at akon and so that's how I know that much. On the other hand my fiancee will be there to take pictures since he kinda follows me wherever I go most of the time at cons especially for photoshoots.

KanonXKanon - 1%
Setsugetsuka Kaito - waiting...
secret - 0%
mel-mel-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2006, 09:41 AM   #9
Kikala
SPIDERPIG!!!

Oh, I thought I had heard something about that, but I wasn't too sure. ^^ Whelp, it'll be good that he's going anyway, even if he won't be taking pictures. Hope the surgery goes well.
And we'll definitely have to save our skit for A-Kon, there's no way I'd be able to rewrite it without the Matsuda part, it's just too funny. :3
I started a flyer, but scrapped it. but I have an idea for another one. XP
Unread 08-10-2006, 01:03 PM   #10
chouzan
Mecha-Shiva!

Aww, that's unfortunate for Sky Pirate. I read about his injury on his website but thought it was better at this point. Well, I wish him the best...

Maybe other amatuer photographers will be up for it. It's good to hear your fiancee will probably take photos wherever you go, mel. ^^;

It's times like these I wish I could be taking pictures and be in the photoshoot at the same time. XD Sadly, that's quite impossible.

Ah, well that gives me another reason to go to A-kon, Kikala! The series ought to have even better reception by then, since the American release will be closer to the ending (and into the second arch! o: ).
Haha.. well, take your time with the flyer, because you've got plenty of time.

Deviant Art
Unread 08-11-2006, 12:46 PM   #11
Kikala
SPIDERPIG!!!

Hmm... do we have a time yet? Might be helpful to have on the flier, as one of my friends 'kindly' pointed out to me. XD;

Hopefully we might have the live actions in america as well. -dies- I'm tired of seeing the same snipits over and over again, and then seeing the trailer for the second one before I even see the first! And I talked it over with most of the people that would be in the skit, and hopefully I can write out the parts of Ryuk and Rem... unless we find people willing to do the skit with us. But, that shouldn't be too hard... I'll just have to figure out a different last line for L, since it goes along the lines of something Ryuk says earlier in the skit. Ah well, it'll be awsome nonetheless.
Unread 08-11-2006, 01:39 PM   #12
chouzan
Mecha-Shiva!

Ah, well with the cosplay show being announced for Sunday, it turns out that'll be the day I'm wearing Misa. ~_~

As far as times go right now... I don't have a clue. What do you think? ^^;
I'd say some time in the late morning or afternoon so we can totally avoid the cosplay show.
We can probably wait a week or so for an exact time and place. I'll ask a friend of mine what time is good for her group (she can only go to AFest on Sunday, I think) and we'll see from there.

Kikala, do you know when the first movie is supposed to come out on DVD? I've looked all over the web and haven't found any news. I was hoping to buy it at AFest so I could finally watch it! >_<
Good luck rewriting your script!

Deviant Art
Unread 08-11-2006, 03:04 PM   #13
Kikala
SPIDERPIG!!!

Sunday is fine. ^^ I'll make sure to wear Kairi that day, so L will be easy to change into, and I can easily store Kairi's costume away in whatever I'll be carrying that day. (I have so many costumes but no hotel room, so I had to wear 2 one day. XD)

How bout 11 AM-esque? It's before lunch and not too early in the morning. But any time is good for me really. ^^
I wish I knew when the movie was coming out. I've been scouring the internet and found a 'making of' that's DVD format. But there's no news on when a release date for the DVD is. -.-; No one has even been able to find a RAW of the movie. At this point, I don't care if it's raw or subtitled, I just want to see it. ;.; Maybe it'll be out by animefest though, surely they'll have it out before the 2nd movie opens in Japan, right? -sigh-
And thanks. ^^ It shouldn't be too hard, I just need to add more humor. I could take Rem out with no problem, but I will have trouble taking out Ryuk. Ah well, I'm sure I can do it. w00t. -so excited-
Unread 08-11-2006, 03:17 PM   #14
chouzan
Mecha-Shiva!

That sounds like a good time for me! ^_^
Alright then, as of right now it shall be Sunday at 11am!

Ah, luckily I don't have that problem this year! I've got a room so I have three cosplays, all with props. Props especially can't be carried around freely with other costumes. XD
Yep, I found that 'making of', too, but nothing useful! >_<
I think that'll be one of the first things I do at AFest... hit up the Dealer's Room at the nearest import DVD table and INQUIRE AS TO WHERE IT IS! XD

Deviant Art
Unread 08-11-2006, 06:41 PM   #15
Kikala
SPIDERPIG!!!

Yeah all right. ^^

I have like... 5... 0.o; And there are only a few I can wear Friday, because some require help, that I can't get until my friends get there (which'll be later on Friday).
I downloaded it and has a few funny things. XD But I still wish I had the movie. I think I'll have to join you, if we can't find someone with information, I'll just have to like... I dunno. 0.o; -too tired to come up with a sensible answer- Ah well, hopefully we'll get it soon. And if something comes up while Animefest is going on, I'll have the power to look it up at night. w00t!