Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > AnimeFEST

Unread 08-08-2006, 09:33 AM   #1
RaDragon76
Outlaw Robin

Yu-Gi-Oh at AnimeFEST 2006

Glad to see that AnimeFEST has it's own forum now, especially since the website doesn't have one at this point.

So anyone interested in a Yu-Gi-Oh gathering/photoshoot? It would be great to meet other fans and to take pics together. Anyone who has a time and/or meetup place suggestions is free to make them here.

Unread 08-08-2006, 12:03 PM   #2
Cat-Chans
Glaceon, I choose you!

YES YES
this is imperative!

I don't know what time to suggest yet though since I don't have my cosplay schedual nailed down.
I think right now my free times are either going to be Friday evening or Monday
(if they schedual me to work in the morning like I requested)
Unread 08-08-2006, 12:09 PM   #3
RaDragon76
Outlaw Robin

Cat-chan- Do you know of a good place for all of us to meet? I've never been to AnimeFEST so I don't know the hotel layout at all. Khene and I are doing Yugi and Ryou all weekend so any time and day would be fine with us. Friday evening or Monday would be fine with us.
Unread 08-08-2006, 12:45 PM   #4
khenemetset
Wild, simply wild...

I think Friday would be better since Monday is going to be hectic with getting back to the airport. But that's just me. I'll go with whatever.
khenemetset is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2006, 01:15 PM   #5
Cat-Chans
Glaceon, I choose you!

Well, if it was monday it could be fairly early since I said I was leaving the con at like 8am or something so they wouldn't scheule me that day
P:

I've never been to A-fest either...so I have no idea. I know some people that have been though, so I'll ask them
Unread 08-08-2006, 01:28 PM   #6
RaDragon76
Outlaw Robin

Friday evening might be better then Monday but I guess we'll see whether there are others who want to join us first.

Cat-chan- That's a good idea and there might be other YGO cosplayers who know the hotel layout that could give us an idea of where to meet.
Unread 08-09-2006, 06:07 PM   #7
Pharaoh Atem

I'm not really sure when and where I intend to wear the King Of Games or the Pharaoh himself, and I've got a feeling that as far as Yu-Gi-Oh I might be wearing more Judai than anything, mixed in with my 7 costumes I'm wearing that weekend. . .

But ~ I do now that your best bet at AnimeFEST is probably going to be the gameroom area which, if you pull up a map of the Hyatt Regency Dallas, is in the Marsalis Hall area. That, or on the next floor up you can use all the pillars and city-skyline in the background present by the Landmark Ballroom. Those are areas where it's possible to get actual photoshoot quality settings without having a lot of people in the background.

xD I've got a huge costume list, so I won't know until closer to the convention whether I can attend.

(Here's a map if you're too lazy to scout it out. xD
Map~)

Last edited by Pharaoh Atem : 08-09-2006 at 06:10 PM.
Pharaoh Atem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2006, 06:23 PM   #8
RaDragon76
Outlaw Robin

Pharaoh Atem- Thanks for the suggestions. I haven't had time to even look for a map of the hotel or anything since I'm in the middle of working on some costumes for the con and my next one too. I usually scout things out on site anyway since maps only tell you where things are but not how things look. And if you want to wear a GX costume to the photoshoot I don't have a problem with that. I haven't seen to many GX costumes so it would be fun to see yours.

Last edited by RaDragon76 : 08-09-2006 at 06:25 PM.
RaDragon76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2006, 09:42 PM   #9
Pharaoh Atem

xD I think my entire GX crew will be there, for the most part ~ One is going to Dragon*Con, don't know about the others. But it's not just GX. > >; I'm not just a Yu-Gi-Ho~.

We'll figure it out.
Unread 08-10-2006, 04:32 AM   #10
Da Tenshi Kurai
VESICA URENTIS.

I'm still irritated with you, you Drop-Out Boy. We're all happy that you managed to arrange going to AnimeFEST instead of DragonCon, but you sooner posted here in a thirty-five page long thread where most of us don't even come... than to tell us to our faces! ROAR! ;_;

...Ah well... For anyone who cares, I don't have but the slightest clue of whom I'll be cosplaying. Camulya's a definite yes, but I don't know whether I'm going to be Cronos uniform-style or Talaria Ra for my third costume. I'd like to be Cronos, of course, but I'm still nervous about screwing up that costume any more than it's already gotten beaten up. XP *sigh*

Last edited by Da Tenshi Kurai : 08-10-2006 at 04:40 AM.
Da Tenshi Kurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2006, 12:36 PM   #11
Pharaoh Atem

xD I told everybody at POTD because I wanted to tell everybody to their faces. . . Is that gramatically correct?

I know how that is, about Cronos, I'm having reservations Pharaoh-ing out. xD I need to patch a few accessories back together before prancing around in my crown.
Unread 08-10-2006, 02:31 PM   #12
RaDragon76
Outlaw Robin

Well, thanks to a change in planning Khene and I are going to be driving instead of flying into Dallas for the con. That means I can bring a wider range of Yu-Gi-Oh costumes then I originally thought. YAY! Now I have to start rethinking what I'm bringing besides a few versions of Ryou Bakura. Decisions decisions.
Unread 08-14-2006, 11:30 AM   #13
khenemetset
Wild, simply wild...

Heh, I think being able to drive made it harder for me to decide. ^^;;; I guess we'll see what happens. I know Yugi for sure and who knows I might bring Thief King it's been a while since he's been worn. Or maybe silent magician though that requires fixing my poor staff.

I guess we shall see. If I bring my Silent Magician maybe he'll be the one to appear at a photoshoot if/when we have one.
khenemetset is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2006, 01:03 AM   #14
Da Tenshi Kurai
VESICA URENTIS.

Change of plans. Jace Moore and I won't be Duel Coat Crowler and Camulya as planned due to complications with the costume construction. Instead, Jace has graciously offered me the opportunity to be Dimitri. ^_^ *runs around copying people's decks and laughs in their faces*

... *steals Steve's deck and duels people with it* XDDD

Last edited by Da Tenshi Kurai : 08-25-2006 at 01:07 AM.
Da Tenshi Kurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2006, 03:38 AM   #15
Cat-Chans
Glaceon, I choose you!

Well...I thought I was going to get to be Kaiba on Friday, but all my YGO cosplay buddies (last time I checked) probably won't make it due to school and stuff...so it's looking like I may have to wear it Monday.

Even if we don't hold an offical shoot I still want to meet up with you two and hang for a little bit. HOPEFULLY I'll have a flushed out schedual soon.