Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Music Chat

Unread 03-12-2003, 08:39 PM   #1
Morrissey
Insanely Popular

Moz's Music Review

This is my review of current Top 40 hits.

All I Have- Jennifer Lopez Feat. LL Cool J

Grade- C

Another collaberation for JLO because she can't sing. Luckily for her this time she paired with LL, who knows how to rap (unlike JaRule). His part in this mess is the reason this songs recieves a C. It reminds me of his Old School song " I Need Love".

I'm With You - Avril Lavigne

Grade- B+

Now this is a song she needs to sing more of, not that S8ter Boi crap. I know people hate her for being a poser but I think this is more along the type of music she should be doing to ensure she doesn't flame out too soon on her "little bitch" gimmick.

In Da' Club - 50Cent

Grade B

50 Cent in an ok rapper, but what makes this song isn't the lyrics but Dr.Dre's beat. The catchy beat makes you like this song even though there is nothing that great about 50 Cent's performance. Still, 50 Cent isn't as annoying as Eminem, so that's a good thing.

Gossip Folks' - Missy Elliott Feat. Luducris

Grade- B+

Backed by a kick ass Timbaland beat, Missy brings out another nonsense but fun song. What makes this song kick ass though is Luducris part. One of the better Hip Hop artists out there, he
makes this good song even better. Can't get the beat outta my head.

Take It Off- The Donnas

Grade- D

Why would I want to hear a bunch of butch girls growl lyrics like men? The Donna's seem too preoccupied with acting tough. The lyrics are weak and it sounds more like they're grunting then actually singing. Take a lesson from a real female band like The GoGo's.

All the Things She Said- T.a.T.u.

Grade- D

They're lesbians. So what? That doesn't mean they can sing. People are so caught up in the video of 2 underage chicks making out that they don't realize that this song sucks. One hit wonder, even though it shouldn't be even that.

Beautiful- Christina Aguilera

Grade B

Not a bad song, but Christina has the Mariah Carey complex. She feels she needs to hit every note there is. She has the voice to do it, but it grates on the nerves. The song is one of her better choices but her "oversinging" made me drop the song's grade.

The Anthem- Good Charlotte

Grade B-

Another damn Blink clone. The song isn't that bad but gets old very quickly. It seems we're moving from the era of the bubblegum boy bands to the age of wanna be punks. Got tired of this song long ago though since it's part of the Madden 2003 soundtrack.

Cry Me A River- Justin Timberlake

Grade A-

How? Why? I never thought I'd be ranking anything this high by JT. I really like this song since he decides to be himself, instead of trying the be the white Michael Jackson. The lyrics, beats (Timbaland again), and vocal performance are impressive. Now, if he can stay away from being something he's not, I think he'll get even bigger.

Game of Love- Santana Feat. Michelle Branch

Grade B+

Honestly, I'm not a Santana fan. Sure he plays a wicked guitar, but that's it! Jimmy Hendrix at least sang his own songs. Like "Smooth" with Rob Thomas, it was Thomas that made that song. Same thing here with Michelle Branch. The energy in song is good as well as both of their performance

Not that anyone cares but I'll update this topic with new music periodically.

Unread 03-12-2003, 08:48 PM   #2
Morrissey
Insanely Popular

I know that they're 18 now and that it was translated from Russian. Isn't when one woman loves another that they're considered lesbians? Not putting them down for being so, just stating that they were. I think too many people can't get enough of 2 girls kissing ( my friends included) that they confuse a music video with the actual song. I wouldn't like the song if it was sung by Morrissey. It's just too repetitive.
Morrissey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2003, 11:42 PM   #3
StereoLab
im invisible. hello!

Re: Moz's Music Review

Quote:
Originally posted by Morrissey
This is my review of current Top 40 hits.

Grade- D

They're lesbians. So what? That doesn't mean they can sing. People are so caught up in the video of 2 underage chicks making out that they don't realize that this song sucks. One hit wonder, even though it shouldn't be even that.

Beautiful- Christina Aguilera

Grade B

Not a bad song, but Christina has the Mariah Carey complex. She feels she needs to hit every note there is. She has the voice to do it, but it grates on the nerves. The song is one of her better choices but her "oversinging" made me drop the song's grade.

The Anthem- Good Charlotte

Grade B-

Another damn Blink clone. The song isn't that bad but gets old very quickly. It seems we're moving from the era of the bubblegum boy bands to the age of wanna be punks. Got tired of this song long ago though since it's part of the Madden 2003 soundtrack.

Cry Me A River- Justin Timberlake

Grade A-

How? Why? I never thought I'd be ranking anything this high by JT. I really like this song since he decides to be himself, instead of trying the be the white Michael Jackson. The lyrics, beats (Timbaland again), and vocal performance are impressive. Now, if he can stay away from being something he's not, I think he'll get even bigger.

Game of Love- Santana Feat. Michelle Branch

Grade B+

Honestly, I'm not a Santana fan. Sure he plays a wicked guitar, but that's it! Jimmy Hendrix at least sang his own songs. Like "Smooth" with Rob Thomas, it was Thomas that made that song. Same thing here with Michelle Branch. The energy in song is good as well as both of their performance

Not that anyone cares but I'll update this topic with new music periodically.
i can't believe Tatu got a worst grade than Good Charlotte. And Justin was still trying to be micheal jackson in "Cry Me a River" (the chorus line!) imho, game of love should've gotten an A-, cry me a river a B-, Anthem a C, and Tatu a B.
Unread 03-13-2003, 09:13 AM   #4
psythe

Re: Moz's Music Review

Quote:
Originally posted by Morrissey

Grade- D

Thank you.
psythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2003, 01:37 PM   #5
Rosiel
The FRENCH CONNECTION
Super Moderator

Before this turns into a semantics discussion on how to name different orientations... please stop, not only is it off-topic it also looks like it will degenerate.

Morrissey does not like Tatu, he's allowed. If you don't agree with him, give your own review of the music. It's much better to have a number of different reviews, no?

Let's keep this friendly, people!
Unread 03-13-2003, 02:01 PM   #6
psythe

Just so I dont get balled up with the alternate discussion, Thats all I was agreeing upon was Moz's opinion on the music. Nothing more or less than that.
psythe is offline   Reply With Quote