Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.69 average.
Unread 08-17-2006, 12:06 AM   #1
calen383
mendacity to the max

The boobs, they bounce...

Okay, this isn't exactly cosplay-related, but it will be extremely useful for a LARP costume I plan to do and, well, I thought this forum would actually be able to help me solve my problem.

Since most of you have boob (or lack there of) issues with trying to make them or make them nonexistant, I was hoping you guys had experience with sports bras. Bascially, I want them not to move when I jog/run. To give visual, I'm a 34 DD. I'm big. Okay, huge to some. So when I join this LARP in the future, I'm going to need to run without giving myself a black eye. For those that don't know, running with large boobs is harder than normal (or perhaps it is just me) because they are just plain exhausting. Its like putting weights around your neck and running with them. Sucks.

So if anyone has tried a sports bra that actually makes them stop moving (like minimum bounce-age), I would love you forever! ^_~

If this is off-topic, I'm sorry. I just thought this may be a good place to ask.
Cons planned: Otakon 11 - NYCC 11 - AnimeBoston 12
calen383 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-17-2006, 07:53 PM   #2
Etherrawen

I have fairly small boobs (32B), but I still had the bounce problem when I started playing soccer at the beginning of the summer. :/ I ended up buying a sports bra from Victoria's Secret, and now when I play they don't move at ALL, which is awesome.

I'd suggest going to a VS and shelling out the 40 bucks for a quality sports bra, it really is worth it. Hope this helped!

Kingdom Hearts 2 | Kairi
Naruto Shippūden | Sakura
Bleach | Schoolgirl Matsumoto
Etherrawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2006, 11:06 PM   #3
calen383
mendacity to the max

Quote:
I have fairly small boobs (32B), but I still had the bounce problem when I started playing soccer at the beginning of the summer. :/ I ended up buying a sports bra from Victoria's Secret, and now when I play they don't move at ALL, which is awesome.

I'd suggest going to a VS and shelling out the 40 bucks for a quality sports bra, it really is worth it. Hope this helped!
Yeah, I was thinking about that, but Vicki can be a little on the risky-side for big boobs. It seems that once you get past a D, they don't give guarantees. Granted, the bras I'm attached to at the moment are wonderful and I keep buying them from there, but they only last about three months whereas the old Walmart ones (though they didn't look as nice or fit under tank tops) seemed to last much longer.

But whatever. I guess I'm going shopping soon. :P Thanks for the advice!

If anyone else has any experiences to share, please do!
Unread 08-17-2006, 11:43 PM   #4
ilikeyaoi
+SORGASM+

I have a rather large bust, too (D to a DD, depending) and I know that sports bras that are just the strip of cloth that work for smaller sizes will not work for us. Find one with UNDERWIRE. I had some a while ago from Kohl's that worked wonderfully, make sure that they completely cover the breast, too.

Oh, and it helps if you jump and bounce around the changing room in the store with it on-you get an idea for the support. Hope this helped a little.
Unread 08-17-2006, 11:52 PM   #5
Rain Miko
I wanna be your prince!

Wow. I couldv'e sworn I posted in this o-0

http://doversaddlery.com/product.asp...t+Strap+Bra_E_

Try it. It'll work. I horseback ride (use to own a horse), and bouncing was a problem with me, too. Even though I'm fairly flat-chested in comparison (36B), bras like this worked wonders.
Rain Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2006, 02:04 AM   #6
Marsha Mellow

Well, if you really want to NOT BOUNCE, I suggest you buy a SPORTS BRA that's in the C range (or two sizes small).
I kickbox and I have double D's myself. I have tried endless brands and types of "sporting bras" for ages and they all suck. Only when I tried going two sizes small were my boobs ever under control. It is somewhat constricting and your boobs will spread/balance out, but your chest will be amazingly still. You just have to try some on at the store see which one you can breathe comfortably in. This sounds like torture, and I remind you that you must have some level of difficulty clasping the straps, but it will definaltey help.
And and another tip, get a bra with THICK fabric. Two layers prefereably.
Unread 08-18-2006, 02:11 AM   #7
Nevturiel
WTS: Epic Anger

Okay, I don't know if this would work or not, but I know a girl who wears two sports bras (one normal and one designed for dancers) under her clothes because she doesn't like having such big breasts . . . actually I don't think that they are D's, but it's not a dancer's chest so she hates it. Regardless . . . I don't know if wearing two would minimalize bouncing that much, but maybe if you were in a pinch it might work for an alternative.
Nevturiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2006, 11:50 PM   #8
calen383
mendacity to the max

Thanks guys. I'll definately take all of your recommendations into consideration! You rock!
Unread 08-19-2006, 02:21 AM   #9
AlphaNinn
I am me?

I'm a 38-40 DD, and I find a well fitting, full coverage bra much like the one that Rain Miko linked to works very well for keeping the bouncies down while keeping the girls up.
AlphaNinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2006, 10:06 AM   #10
Northern
Master in the field

I am a C40 and I horse back ride as well, so the bounce is an issue...espically when jumping a stupid psycho dutch warmblood over 4foot jumps. Before I found the sports bra from hell, as I call it, I had the wonderfull experience of my breasts bouncing right out of the bra! (Not the mention that my coach is a guy! What a suprise he had!)

The sports bra I found, and this works for flattening my chest for crossplay too, is actually a sixe B40. It is underwire with tripple thick spandex/cottom fabric, stiff boning through the sides and back. The straps cross over my back and it ties up infront like a corset.. Most saddlery stores sell them and they are wonderfull! Anything that actually looks like a corset seems to work with me ^.^

Anime North 2012
Friday: Toothless Hoodie
Saturday: Millitary Lolita
Sunday: Soubi- Loveless

youji_kudou_@hotmail.com
Northern is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2006, 12:24 PM   #11
robo_berserker
passionately ambivalent

Full coverage is a must to reduce bounceage. I dont know much about sports bras, but bras with the clasp in the front also seem to help. Better lift, too.

I agree with Ettherawen, VS is definitely worth the money, but you have to take special care of them or they wont last long at all. Probably ought to wash them on a gentle cycle and hang dry them if possible. (I used to be lazy with my laundry and just toss them in with my jeans and t-shirts. Oh man, bad idea....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern
The sports bra I found, and this works for flattening my chest for crossplay too, is actually a sixe B40. It is underwire with tripple thick spandex/cottom fabric, stiff boning through the sides and back. The straps cross over my back and it ties up infront like a corset.. Most saddlery stores sell them and they are wonderfull! Anything that actually looks like a corset seems to work with me ^.^
You wouldnt happen to have a link to any sites that sell something kinda like that, would you?

Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now.
robo_berserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2006, 12:29 PM   #12
Rain Miko
I wanna be your prince!

There's a link that I posted above. The site sells different models of no-bounce bras and the like.
Rain Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2006, 12:42 PM   #13
robo_berserker
passionately ambivalent

Whoops! I completely overlooked that link. Sorry and thanks. ;;

Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now.
robo_berserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2006, 07:37 PM   #14
calen383
mendacity to the max

Thanks again guys! I used to ride horses as well but never really went into jumping so I didn't have to worry too much about bouncing. I think I'll go to Vicki's after work sometime this week to jump around in their fitting rooms. If that fails, then a saddlery it is.

xD Also, anyone else amused that this thread has almost 350 views? I think my subject heading rocks. xD
Unread 08-20-2006, 08:38 PM   #15
Shikyo sama
yaoi lover

I have a 44DD boobs and I am trying the sports bra thing. I got one that is a size 36B and it's worked so far for my cossplay outfit. You can also try using a sports bra + those bandage things. I'm going to try that out.
Shikyo sama is offline   Reply With Quote