Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Gundam

Unread 08-18-2006, 07:33 PM   #1
otakubrianF
Upcoming master of the Yo

Help start Gundam Robot Costume! Help Me! Ah!

I desparately need help on starting my gundam costume of the strike from Gundam SEED, and I desperately need help starting the chest, arms, and legs, I kind of know how to go the head but please tell me how! I'm dying to start making it! I'm have the time and inspiration, but no idea how to do anything!

Please Help!

otakubrianF

Last edited by otakubrianF : 08-18-2006 at 07:37 PM.
otakubrianF is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-19-2006, 11:52 AM   #2
Jersey13

That's always a problem. I've found though that if you're good at forming with your hands what you see in your head, it's always possible to make something that looks good. And if you aren't good at it, maybe you might need a little help. People, including me, have said time and time again: start out simple. Get a bunch of cardboard boxes and duct tape or a glue gun and just start cutting away and taping/gluing pieces together. This by far isn't the only thread like this, at all. If people really do have the time and motivation to make something this ornate, I really wish they'd at least look for other threads, or even just stop saying disheartening things like "I have no idea how to do this" and just pick up some scissors and cardboard and get to work already. If you need help forming a particular shape or with some piece in particular, ask away. It's not like there are patterns out there you can look up to make a gundam.
Jersey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2006, 06:08 PM   #3
otakubrianF
Upcoming master of the Yo

I'm sorry, I changed the gundam model I was doing and I found it a lot easier to find a way to do this, but I still haven't thought-up a good solution as to creating the head part. Could you tell me a way as to how to start it? Because, every time I try thinking about it my head hurts. Once again, I shouldn't have complained like that, it's just my annoying mom is not exactly what you call supportive when it comes to creating anime cosplay parts and costumes and such. And I would like to the head done (or at least started and gone somewhere with it before school starts.
otakubrianF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2006, 11:38 PM   #4
Jersey13

The head is probably the most difficult part. I suggest looking at Featherweight's gallery and looking at the way he did his gundam head. It doesn't have to be that detailed, of course, but I think he did a REALLY good job.
Jersey13 is offline   Reply With Quote