Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > AnimeFEST

Unread 09-05-2006, 10:02 PM   #1
SchizoIori
visual antagonist

How was your A-fest 2006 experience?

All cons must have this obligatory thread. I had an interesting time. Hung out with some cool people, was so very proud of my Jonobi for how amazing he looked in our costumes, met some awesome people as well, but I also got sick and junk. However my highs were art auction, FLOW concert, doing pics with Jonobi, and hanging out with all the cool people I met. All together, minus the few downers I had a good time.

So how was everyone else's experience?

Current Projects:

Dissidia Duodecim Tifa Lockheart,Petz/ Prizma (sailor moon R), Trunks (DBZ), Nami (Water 7),Black Canary (Batman/JL) Black Cat
SchizoIori is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-05-2006, 10:06 PM   #2
Kikala
SPIDERPIG!!!

Honestly, seeing as how I wasn't caught up in any drama (minus that that goes on in the Operations room, but being in the room where anything can and does go wrong, it's kinda hard not to get caught up in it. XD;; ) I had a great time. ^^ I got to hang out with loads of amazing people, and met most the people online I wanted to meet. I was really happy to make it in time to the Video Game shoot. It was fun.
I do wish I could have cosplayed more and actually got to enter the cosplay contest. -sigh- but I ended up helping, which I'm glad because I got to know you guys better!
The FLOW concert was amazing though! I LOVED it! I'm happy it was my first con concert. And the reason I have no voice. X3
But yeah, I had a great time and it has been one of my best cons ever!
Kikala is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2006, 10:06 PM   #3
Danzikumaru
Walk me to the Graveyard

Kim and I spent most of the time working the Ikkicon table, but we did get to meet a lot of interesting people, yo!

Danzikumaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2006, 10:07 PM   #4
SailorSaturn
Procrastinator

Best convention so far! I met some awesome people..GOT TO SEE FLOW!! Bought stuff..got complimented on my cosplays..wonderful!
SailorSaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2006, 10:08 PM   #5
CaptainCid
Changed handle to Miles.

Mine was amazing. Thanks to you (Schizo) as well! You guys were so nice about me being in your room all of the time. Thanks so much for making my con awesome!

Highlights of my con was Sunday (everything past rehearsal hell), the FLOW concert and hanging out with the 1510 group.
Unread 09-05-2006, 10:11 PM   #6
SchizoIori
visual antagonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCid
Mine was amazing. Thanks to you (Schizo) as well! You guys were so nice about me being in your room all of the time. Thanks so much for making my con awesome!

Highlights of my con was Sunday (everything past rehearsal hell), the FLOW concert and hanging out with the 1510 group.

Hells yea our room rocked! XD Hey we enjoyed hanging out with you. Definitely added to my con experience to have some one remember me from a-kon and hang out with us the whole weekend. we're all about the hanging out with cool people like you.

Current Projects:

Dissidia Duodecim Tifa Lockheart,Petz/ Prizma (sailor moon R), Trunks (DBZ), Nami (Water 7),Black Canary (Batman/JL) Black Cat
SchizoIori is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2006, 10:14 PM   #7
chouzan
Mecha-Shiva!

I had a great time... even though it was my sixth con, it was the first time I've ever gotten to stay every day with a hotel room. It was also the first time I've participated in photoshoots and actually played games in the gaming room. XD
I bought a lot of cool things, and FLOW was AMAZING... I also screamed my voice away, Kikala. A little pain was worth it, though! ^^;
And I stood in an elevator with KOHSHI (and some other people that were unaware of who the Japanese man in the corner was)! O_O I really wish I knew Japanese so I could've said something. T__T
Also, I met some new people and became better friends with some that I already knew.
Even though the weekend went by really fast, I had a wonderful time! ^_^
--Beni Bara version [100%]
*Companion Cube --Portal [30%]

Deviant Art
chouzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2006, 10:16 PM   #8
Koda89

I LOVED the FLOW concert!

I had a great time overall, met a few people, and had no real drama.......until the ride home......we planned to head back to Oklahoma in a 3 car caravan(that would then turn to a 2 car caravan, as 1 car branched off towards Ada, while the rest of us went to Oklahoma City). Our car got lost on the Dallas highway for a bit. Then after eating lunch, we went to get gas.....one of the cars BREAKS DOWN! Turns out the starter broke....it ended up working again.....1 & 1/2 hours later! Then once we got back into Oklahoma and got past Ada, our 2 car caravan got caught in an ungodfully long traffic jam.....in the end, our 3 hour drive back to OKC turned into a 7 hour drive! >_<

Planned Costumes:
- Scarecrow(Batman): 100%
- Spike(My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic): 100%
- DJ P0N-3(My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic): 100%
Koda89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2006, 10:31 PM   #9
MintyFreshNinja
Kage-Kanbu special ops

wow, sory about that koda. this has been my favorite con so far.

i yelled so much at the FLOW concert my voice is just now getting back to normal!

meeting all of you guys ( i had no idea that i'd get to see soo many cosplay.comers)

chilling out with cool roomates
MintyFreshNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2006, 11:10 PM   #10
astillar
Cosplay Engineer

Hmm, it turned out better than I expected.
Arriving at AnimeFest only to find out that I was homeless seemed like a bad omen. And then changing into costume in the $5 parking lot, not too much fun there either. Sneaking into the "This restroom is closed for construction" bathroom to change into my other costume was thrilling, yes, but still kinda stressful. Those bad bits had me _this_ close to cutting my losses and going back home.
BUT! I got to meet all the cosplayers I meant to meet and found the gatherings I was supposed to be at and after failing to do so at A-cen, A-kon, and Otakon, this made me very happy. That more than made up for the fact that I was a ronin cosplayer all weekend.
I didn't expect much from this little con, but AnimeFest surprised me. It was tuns of fun.

astillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2006, 11:23 PM   #11
Cat-Chans
Glaceon, I choose you!

It was my best con of the year, quite possibly the best con I've ever attended.
I had high hopes for this one since A-kon sucked so bad and it more than made up for it.
I got to meet a lot of people I've only know online until now and hang out with some pretty cool people. I went to this con solo and was nervous about it but it turned out great.

My favorite meomories would have to be the car accident, the bleachtastic wedding photos, and hearing the bleach kids BWAHAHAHA after my walk on.
Unread 09-05-2006, 11:42 PM   #12
Jet_Texas

Had a Great time.

This was my first time to go to a con alone, none of my friends had the time or the money to go, you fellow cos players and the excellent staff made it 3 great days. I tried to watch some vid but just could not find anything that hit me as being better that being with all of you.

The cross mingling of the Con - Hindu Wedding - Baptist Conv. Session & hotel guests and Hotel Staff was really neat, I mingled some with all of them (in costume) and tried to explain just what an anime con is to some of them mostly people thought it looked like a lot of fun and the were right of course.

Saw 2 boys and one man form the wedding wearing badges late in Saturday which was pretty darn cool.

Hope to see yall at future cons .
Jet_Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2006, 11:44 PM   #13
CaptainCid
Changed handle to Miles.

Yeah, it'd be great to see you some more Jet! You really are the talk of a con!
Unread 09-06-2006, 12:05 AM   #14
Lady Saea
Formerly Jonobi =)

I had a blast. My con experiences get better and better. I dont go to many panels or buy much stuff, I just enjoy meeting people and interacting and just hanging out. It was so much fun.

Though being called demented, cold, cruel, loved, hated, and a murderer all at the same time had its effects. ^.^

I LOVED the Flow concert. It was great. ^_^

Just most of all...hanging with new peoples and meeting new peoples made my weekend just so enjoyable. Thanks to all of you!

Lady Saea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2006, 12:14 AM   #15
Marika

This was my first non-East Coast con as well as my first con where I went alone, and though there were a few unrelated bumps (like losing my stuff, the guy who wouldn't leave me alone, and having my cell phone completely and utterly die when I NEEDED it), I had a great time! Everyone I met, from cosplayers to staff, was so nice which was a breath of fresh air after the mess that was Tekko.

The best parts definately had to be getting over my stage fright thanks to the rest of Team Sai, the FLOW concert, meeting new people, having one of the band's MCs take my picture on his phone, and realizing that just because I didn't have my usual group with me didn't mean I couldn't have fun. And Jet, it was awesome getting to talk with you!
Marika is offline   Reply With Quote