Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Bleach

Unread 09-07-2006, 09:10 PM   #1
Shanni

Good Keikogi Tutorial Sites? (Bleach)

=(....i need help wif keikogi =(

there were alot of sites...but none were tutorials on how to make them T.T...

and most of them were different from bleach

this is my first time making a cosplay =(...much thx if there was somebody that can give me a site that can help ^^""

I'm cosplaying as Ichigi from Bleach XD The simplist form to make would be fine o.o"" I'm looking for Keikogi...XD...

I got the hakama...sword...just left the shirt T.T...""

and the sen*** something site...that everybody keeps talking about...whats that all about? o.o??

XD!!

I'm a beginner ><....so much help is appreciated!!

just a question...if I'm 152cm...would it look funny if I cosplayed as Ichigo?...cuz i mean XD...I'm just kinda short T.T

Unread 09-19-2006, 01:29 AM   #2
Shanni

gaaah...i heard its a half kimono...ima just make it that way

psshhh if it ends up lookin ugly...well...*sigh* eff that XD

sword plus left sandal is done..*pshhh*
Unread 09-19-2006, 04:21 AM   #3
Odile
Comic Book Zombie

Shanni, from one newbie to another, if you do a search for 'Bleach Cosplay' there should be a specific thread that pops up with oodles of info. I found it very useful as I'm cosplaying as Rukia for my first cosplay. At the top of the first post on each page there should be a 'search this thread' button. Click it and you can search for whatever specific thing you want out of the thread.

When in doubt or you have a question, it's always wise to search the existing threads in the forums. Happy hunting!
Unread 09-19-2006, 12:19 PM   #4
Eleryth
Rollin Rollin Rollin

As far as I know, there are no patterns out there that are specifically "bleach" shinigami wear, as their garment isn't exactly period accurate - it's animated.

So you'll have to find a normal kimono pattern, which is a good place to start, and then modify it to how you want it to be. Narrower sleeves? Don't make them as long. Bell-like sleeves? Draw a line from the bottom of the fabric under the wrist and up toward the body, then sew on that (to make the wrist opening bigger than the part around your bicep).

There are many kimono and robe patterns online and mentioned in the forums. Try searching google for "kimono pattern" and see what comes up.

The page I think you're reading about is www.sengokudaimyo.com - he's a reenactor of ancient Japan and has done a ton of research. He used to have some tutorials up, but he's been revamping his page for years, so I don't know if anything has changed.

In Toronto and like kimono? Check out the Toronto Kimono Club!
Eleryth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2006, 01:10 AM   #5
Shanni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleryth
As far as I know, there are no patterns out there that are specifically "bleach" shinigami wear, as their garment isn't exactly period accurate - it's animated.

So you'll have to find a normal kimono pattern, which is a good place to start, and then modify it to how you want it to be. Narrower sleeves? Don't make them as long. Bell-like sleeves? Draw a line from the bottom of the fabric under the wrist and up toward the body, then sew on that (to make the wrist opening bigger than the part around your bicep).

There are many kimono and robe patterns online and mentioned in the forums. Try searching google for "kimono pattern" and see what comes up.

The page I think you're reading about is www.sengokudaimyo.com - he's a reenactor of ancient Japan and has done a ton of research. He used to have some tutorials up, but he's been revamping his page for years, so I don't know if anything has changed.

thx XD

although what you said is kinda hard to understand...i'm sure some of my friends will tell me =O

i'm not good wif cloths...XD!!

I luv anime and decided to do a cosplay this year XD...

the only thing i did before was an apron =.="...dats for textile XD!!

*sigh* *scratches the wall like a kitty to be set free*

FREAKIN MADE THE RIGHT SHOE TODAY....LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKZ soooooooooooooooooooooooooo much crappier than the left shoe T.T."" i think i might re-do it XD!! ah'z well *sigh*