Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > AnimeFEST

Unread 09-07-2006, 10:06 PM   #1
Mune-Pop
AKA Cardboard Al!

Unhappy Cosplay-trophic Incidents and Rude People at AnimeFest

I dunno. I thought it would be fun to be glomped. Ya know, first-timers. XD

But was I wrong! Some people just come up to you and squeeze one of the most fragile parts of your costume!

The toilet paper roll almost came off, and my mom had to help me fix it fifteen minutes before we left for the con on Sunday! D:

Had bad experiences at AnimeFest? D:

Conventions?
A-kon 19
AnimeFEST 2008
...And other cons...As soon AS I LEARN HOW TO DRIVE IN 2009 OMFG. : D

Cosplay?
D:

Ignore old 2006-Early 2007 posts. I was a dumb kid who thought she knew everything. >>

Last edited by Mune-Pop : 09-07-2006 at 11:22 PM.
Mune-Pop is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-07-2006, 10:18 PM   #2
SailorSaturn
Procrastinator

Well..I guess something that really sucked was that my left ninja shoe came apart. I think that was my own stitching job that did it, but it made me really upset.
Luckily I repaired it today! So It's all good. <3
SailorSaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2006, 10:20 PM   #3
wiltingflower
Nayru's Love

I didn't get glomped any, but some guy in the Dealer's Room pointed at me, yelled "Teacher!", and hugged me really hard as Izumi. My chest kind of hurt afterwards. :X

The only bad experience I had was with Creepy Stalker Guy on Friday and Saturday. Oh, and getting a water bottle thrown at me and my friends by a hobo while walking down to the West End. He cursed at us and told us to go home and we had to run in front of traffic to get away from him. D:

OH! And I ruined one of my Al gloves with the room iron. It melted a half of the middle finger of one glove. Those were official merchandise and I can't get them anymore! I'm still in mourning. RIP Al Glove. ;.;
wiltingflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2006, 10:28 PM   #4
ZakuKitty
Don't die, Lloyd.

I always have one or two things happen to my cosplays. The handle to one of my swords broke but that was easily fixed. No worries over it since it was still usable. Some of the cosplays I wore were last minute or have been used thus they liked to come apart on me. I was glomped a few times by one girl but she asked.

Seems like regular con stuff to me no matter how frustrating it is for a split second. =P

ZakuKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2006, 10:42 PM   #5
Rip_The_Hunter
Vampire

when ever i was glomped people typically asked first, which is very nice at times. But the thing that cought me off guard was a "stealth glomp." At anime fest i was standing around talking to some friends when someone came up from behind, glomped me and ran off. >>; very freaky
Rip_The_Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2006, 11:04 PM   #6
Koda89

I wasn't glomped....just hugged by Kabuto fangirls......now my friend dressed as Jiraiya....HE got glomped.....infact.....the first glomp hurt his back for the rest of the weekend.....because he braced for the glomp and caught the glompee in mid air and bent backwards....almost falling over....if he fell, maybe he would be ok.....

Planned Costumes:
- Scarecrow(Batman): 100%
- Spike(My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic): 100%
- DJ P0N-3(My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic): 100%
Koda89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2006, 11:12 PM   #7
Kikala
SPIDERPIG!!!

Man, I think the only time I've ever been like hardcore glomped was last animefest while walking in my Toboe costume. I was walking to the dealers room when someone grabbed around my waist, lifted me in the air and swung me around like a stuffed toy. I turned around and we apologized, but it was kinda funny, but still painful.

This year, lucky everyone asked, and I didn't have anything that would need to be fixed, except for my Freya ears on Monday. Though, when I got 'glomped' by all the homestarrunner.com girls, they like nearly attacked me, and that was when I was in my staff shirt because I knew who they were, and they were uber happy. But, I don't usually hug or glomp people, unless they did something nice for me.

Though, when I was Peppita my shoe started to fall apart after only a few minutes wearing it, cause I bent the sole too far back. ;.; I was like, easy fix... then realized I left the hot glue gun at home. -.-; AH well, it was at least still wearable.
Kikala is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2006, 11:20 PM   #8
chouzan
Mecha-Shiva!

I've only been glomped unannounced once, and luckily it was with my Misa cosplay, where there aren't any delicate props or clothing articles. O_o
Other than that, it's usually just hugging, and people ask me first. o:
--Beni Bara version [100%]
*Companion Cube --Portal [30%]

Deviant Art
chouzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2006, 11:22 PM   #9
Mune-Pop
AKA Cardboard Al!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koda89
I wasn't glomped....just hugged by Kabuto fangirls......now my friend dressed as Jiraiya....HE got glomped.....infact.....the first glomp hurt his back for the rest of the weekend.....because he braced for the glomp and caught the glompee in mid air and bent backwards....almost falling over....if he fell, maybe he would be ok.....
You sat behind us at the FLOW concert, right? I was in the sweatshirt. We kept turning around because you were talking about some games we've heard of. We weren't whispering about you, we were whispering about some rude cosplayers in front of us (The Sasuke and Itachi ones).

To get BACK ON TOPIC; I'm changing this to a Cosplay-trophic Incidents and Rude People at AnimeFest topic. X3 So we can talk about all of it. XD

Conventions?
A-kon 19
AnimeFEST 2008

Cosplay?
D:

Ignore old 2006-Early 2007 posts. I was a dumb kid who thought she knew everything. >>
Unread 09-07-2006, 11:41 PM   #10
Cat-Chans
Glaceon, I choose you!

The person that thought glomping was a good idea needs to be shot.
Unread 09-07-2006, 11:53 PM   #11
Lady Saea
Formerly Jonobi =)

For the most part, people hugged nicely/softly rather than hard and usually asked beforehand. I only got glomped once and that was when I was going up to my room to change out of Kuja and this guy came out of the elevator and glomped me, knocking me to the floor. x.x;

Atleast it wasn't like Otakon 2006....x_x;

Lady Saea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2006, 12:14 AM   #12
Mune-Pop
AKA Cardboard Al!

What happened at Otakon..?

(Is curious)

Conventions?
A-kon 19
AnimeFEST 2008

Cosplay?
D:

Unread 09-08-2006, 01:06 AM   #13
StarLi
★Li

I'm happy to say that I've only been glomped once. ^^; It was at A-kon... 15 or 16 at an FMA photoshoot and I was playing Hawkeye and an Envy decided to glomp me and I fell over. I'm just glad nothing tore and that I was OK. That Envy had an impressive running start. x_x
StarLi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2006, 10:18 AM   #14
RaDragon76
Outlaw Robin

I don't normally allow people to glomp me without them asking beforehand since I have a bad knee. I had lots of people hug me at this con but nothing that I would concider a glomp and certainly not a running tackle glomp. I keep my ear out for those and normally catch them before it happens, which confuses the person attempting the running glomp.
Unread 09-08-2006, 10:21 AM   #15
Lady Saea
Formerly Jonobi =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mune-Pop
What happened at Otakon..?

(Is curious)
I'll be brief because theres already a thread that stemmed from my Otakon experience. Basically, I had two people who glomped me by jumping almost directly on me, pulling on my Sephy shoulder pads...which cracked the left one in 2 places. We had to make a whole new shoulder pad before A-Fest. As well, someone was looking at my Masamune and against my word swung it...in the direction of the floor...which has it in my room in 2 pieces now. But all is well. ^_^ Everything was fixed/remade.

Lady Saea is offline   Reply With Quote