Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Central

Unread 03-16-2003, 08:47 PM   #1
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

Thumbs up And it becomes reality : Wolf's Rain for ACen

Well, there you go. I never thought I could be so quickly seduced into doing a cosplay I had not previously considered myself before. I think that was only about 10 days or so ago I didn't even know it existed -- to now hoping we could get a complete group in time for ACen.

Well, it's still maybe not a complete group, but it looks like we'll at least have a bit of interest now, so I'm locking myself in. If I haven't made it official anywhere else, I shall here: I will go through with Darcia for ACen. (TLW is such a bad influence!)

...Anyway...I'm used to doing very obscure cosplays - so I'm not concerned about being recognized or not...but I've never been on the first wave of a series's popularity. Thus, I am a little intimidated, for the first time with a cosplay project. I don't normally ask for people's construction tips, but now I don't want to dissapoint anyone O_o So if the couple self-proclaimed crazy fans of you out there have particular crazy material visions, let me know before I start going insane myself.

Unread 03-16-2003, 10:08 PM   #2
Ayaka
Ralph the Wonder Llama

I too, was tempted by Darcia. ^^; So I wish you luck, and if I think of anything helpful, I'll pass that on. ^^ (Ah yes I'm the person who's likely to be your Toboe. Though Cheza has been making cosplay eyes at me . . . ><
Ayaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2003, 11:02 PM   #3
ParnsAngel
Elven Inside

Cheza's so adorable! I thought about doing her as well, but I'm not young/little enough, and I've got more going for me as Cher...but I hope someone does Cheza anyway! She's so cute ^_^

By the way, do we have any time/day we're thinkin of of cosplayin together?
ParnsAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2003, 11:54 PM   #4
TheLoneWolf
The Beast From The East

Yosha!!!!
I finally seduced everyone into doing Wolf's Rain....or shall I say,Wolf's Rain seduced you,I just gave you the extra push ^^!
TheLoneWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2003, 12:42 AM   #5
Recca-kun

*Continues to whine about not making ACen this year*

AX or Otakon, or maybe ACen next year, and I'll be Kiba.
Recca-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2003, 01:05 AM   #6
TheLoneWolf
The Beast From The East

>By the way, do we have any time/day we're thinkin of of cosplayin together?

I'm thinking,middle of saturday-halfway down sunday?
Sound good to you?
Unread 03-17-2003, 01:28 AM   #7
Ali-kun
Ask a GENtern...

*adds Darcia to her list of Really Good Reasons Ali Needs To Get Off Her Butt And Get Plane Ticket Money For Acen*

Darcia called out to me and I opened my purse to let the cartoon-moths flutter out and he ponced off pouting, but I would SO love to see someone doing that outfit! *swoons*

Despite the fact that he appears to be quite literally a total featherhead >.> I will be interested to see how you do the hair, hehe. Murr. Need to watch next few episodes that we didn't see in anime club...

Let it be noted that if Ali sees Wolf's Rain cosplayers, they will be rushed at (but not glomped, because it's not nice to glomp without asking - but definitely rushed scarily and attacked for pictures!)
Ali-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2003, 02:37 AM   #8
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

Eee...don't worry Recca-kun ^_^ I'll bring him to AX and Otakon, too. You know, when we aren't going all Xeno. I'm actually thinking that as long as I don't get overheated or feel like eating, I'd be willing to use him quite often. Now just to have the end product live up to my lofty standards. ^_-*(All I'm wondering is why all you people -who aren't coming to ACen- keep taunting us all by dropping by our little forum.)

>I'm thinking,middle of saturday-halfway down sunday?
Yeah, cuz someone's KoFfing all day Friday. ^_-
Um, whenever. I'm going to be really agreeable here.

Feathers...yeah, I was considering that too...somehow that doesn't seem quite right either, but it's gotta be light and sturdy like that.
Yui is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2003, 12:47 AM   #9
ParnsAngel
Elven Inside

I'm going to be sooooooooo busy on Saturday its soooooooooo not funny (silly masq) ~_~ But I think....anytime before 3 would be good? Or Sunday, that's totally (mostly) free for me....and honestly, this is the LAST time I'm wearin 6 costumes to a con! Anyone else bring lotsa costumes? I dont know how everythin's gonna fit together in 3 days, aiiee!!

'course, it's my fault for being a costuming addict >.<

^_^
Unread 03-19-2003, 04:50 PM   #10
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

Yeah, I got six right now. I may have to drop one that no one's really counting on for group purposes. (And it's not my Kaoru X_x) I might have to cosplay Thursday night and all day Sunday...just to fit everything...
But if I get Darcia right, I don't think I'm gonna want to change O_o
Why aren't all cons 4 days standard? (Or a week even.)
Unread 03-19-2003, 06:33 PM   #11
fabcentaur
Cosplay a girl one day!

I've got my Hige outfit made and wore it to the Cleveland Colossial Con last weekend. ^^; I'm such a newbie at this, but I'm glad to hear that others are going as the gang as well.

fab
fabcentaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2003, 08:23 PM   #12
TheLoneWolf
The Beast From The East

>Yeah, I got six right now. I may have to drop one that no one's really counting on for group purposes. (And it's not my Kaoru X_x) I might have to cosplay Thursday night and all day Sunday...just to fit everything...
But if I get Darcia right, I don't think I'm gonna want to change O_o
Why aren't all cons 4 days standard? (Or a week even.)

Pshhhhh
You know how hard it is to cosplay in 3 groups with seven costumes?! I'm going to really have to do calculations on when-when this costume,when-when that costume.....@_@x
Unread 03-24-2003, 10:04 PM   #13
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

Didn't mean to startle anyone when I flipped out and dumped my supposed costuming plans yesterday.

Darcia is still on as far as I'm concerned...cuz I have all the metally forehead bits done, all the fabric, figured out the pattern, blah blah blah...yeah, he's very likely going to be completed by then, and if so, I'm definitely bringing him. I might not be able to wear him for as long as I was planning, but he's still coming, provided I can work out his outfit around my Lida construction too.

I'm sure people will confuse him with a j-rocker anyway. ^_-

Er, that's all for now.
Unread 03-24-2003, 11:38 PM   #14
ParnsAngel
Elven Inside

Hooray! Good to hear it!! ^_^
I probably won't be wearing Cher around too much either, partly because no one will know who I am and partly cause I think I made her crappily...*sigh* ^_^;; Now I wanna do her overcoat dealie instead...

I wish I had more money ~_~
Unread 03-25-2003, 07:19 AM   #15
Nietsche
Have a SUPER good time!

I'll be there in spirit!

Some small info on pandas- Eats, shoots and leaves!
(this is an excellent book btw)
The difference a little punctuation makes!
Nietsche is offline   Reply With Quote