Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Nan Desu Kan

Unread 09-15-2006, 09:32 PM   #1
z3bra
Something Fierce

Non-Anime Theme

I may attend NDK in early October. As someone relatively new to this sort of thing, I have some (probably silly) questions: (1) although the contests are allowed only for anime-based characters, are there restrictions on non-anime characters attending the con? I'm planning to go as a jester (the costume in my profile); (2) what are the general ages who attend this type of con? I get the feeling most people are in high school - just after college. By the way, I DO like anime, and I plan to spend time browsing through the offerings both in and out of costume. I just want to make sure no protocol is violated or anything. A lot of people on this website seem pretty sticky about that sort of thing. Thanks!
z3bra is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-15-2006, 09:38 PM   #2
Curucar

1) It's perfectly normal to see a Harry Potter or Star Wars character walking around any anime con- NDK is no exeption. I think that it would be stupid if you had to go as an anime character if you wanted to go in costume at all.

2) I'm guessing from late Jr High/Middle school age to middle-aged, but from what I've seen, the majority of people are late high school/college age. My brother started attending at age 11 so THAT was fun being with him *all* the time. *rolls eyes*
Unread 09-16-2006, 08:40 AM   #3
Lady Neese

Curucar is right. There are many people from different genre's walking around the convention the only time it is limited is for the costume/cosplay contest. Other than that you are free to do whatever you please.
Lady Neese is offline   Reply With Quote