Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > 한국어 cosplay.com

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-23-2006, 09:27 AM   #1
lainey
D2R Cosplay

KPOP cosplay

Anyone ever considered doing KPOP cosplay? I've done jpop...but I find that kpop artists don't usually have any "costumes" and mostly is clothing...but it might be a fun and comfy hall cosplay

Any suggestions of something more recognizable that Bi and Hyori wears? Might want to cosplay them two (gosh..no one is going to recognize us!!! lol)
2012 Cons: Coming to a con near you!
Anime North |Otakon
lainey is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-23-2006, 09:39 PM   #2
kiwi_lady
Myu it

hmmm... Hyori... The only one I can think of is when she was in 핑클 xDDD;;;
and Bi... I can only think of him topless LOL XDDDD;;;
I didnt really help did I >_>;

Cosplay Store for the Cosplay minded.
kiwi_lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2006, 01:36 AM   #3
lainey
D2R Cosplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_lady
hmmm... Hyori... The only one I can think of is when she was in 핑클 xDDD;;;
and Bi... I can only think of him topless LOL XDDDD;;;
I didnt really help did I >_>;
this comp can't read korean characters *sad* what was the ??

LOL topless...u swoon over his body so much...LOL
Anime North |Otakon
Unread 09-24-2006, 11:21 AM   #4
kiwi_lady
Myu it

well he happens to have the sexest body in the world and that image kinda stuck with me LIKE HOW HE CHANGES ON STAGE. THAT WAS HOT. but yeah the ?? was fin.kl XDD
greatest girl band EVER. other than S.E.S. I liked S.E.S better XDDD

Unread 09-25-2006, 09:01 AM   #5
hibekisensai
Habitual User

I considered doing kpop cosplay, but thought it might be odd as most conventions i attend are anime conventions...i wish korean anime was recognized more! anyway, a great kpop cosplay would be old school Seo Taiji......Nan Arayo? brings back some memories! Even Kang Ta from back in the day in video to Candy would be a highly recognized cosplay!

*Edit* Hyori's outfit in her 10 minutes video- the one with the old school Houston Astros jersey would definitely be recognized! Also, her outfit from the cover of her Dark Angel album would be recgnized as well...not sure how comfy it would be though!

Last edited by hibekisensai : 09-27-2006 at 11:23 AM.
hibekisensai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2006, 06:16 PM   #6
lainey
D2R Cosplay

yeah i attend anime conventions too, so 99% of the people will have no idea what i'm cosplaying!

and it'll just look like we are dressing up a LOT..that's why i'm sorta looking for a costume'ish outfit

yeah i'm going towards hyori's dark angel look, but haven't decided which one..and WHEN i'll be wearing it!! lol can you buy cheap microphone headsets???

kiwi_lady: Imagine Lee Jun Ki's face with Bi's body... !!!!!!!! We should cosplay audition sometime...lets do it at next CN!! (you're awesome at the game...SHUT UP i couldn't handle anything above 100bpm at level 5!!!)
Anime North |Otakon
Unread 09-29-2006, 08:46 AM   #7
hibekisensai
Habitual User

^ dunno any place for cheap microphone headsets off the top of my head...

With respect to kpop and anime conventions, i attended Anime Detour this past March, and one of the panels they had was KPOP!! It was pretty cool because i had been walking around the convention all night Friday and Saturday morning with my ipod listening to kpop the whole time, and when i saw there was an actual panel for kpop, i kinda did a double/triple take...obviously pleasantly surprised!!

I am seriously considering for Anime Detour 2007 to possibly do a Se7en cosplay...like the jeans, jacket, green hat look from his Passion video....you know a YG Family cosplay would be pretty hot as well! Have like Lexy, 1TYM...or do the power female kpop trio of like Hyori, BoA, and Chae Yeon...or maybe Eugene instead of Chae Yeon...but Hyori and BoA would be very recognizable cosplays!

side note- with respect to kpop & cosplay, did you know the single most recognized music entertainer in the world is Bi/Rain? Something like 4 out of 6.5 billion people in the world know who he is, or have been exposed to his music!!! There is no artist in the US (Michael Jackson would be the closest) let alone the world who even comes close to his popularity, but if i did a Bi cosplay, like maybe 2% (pretty much all the Asian folk) of the convention crowd would recognize me! crazy huh?
Unread 09-30-2006, 09:34 AM   #8
kiwi_lady
Myu it

Quote:
Originally Posted by lainey
yeah i attend anime conventions too, so 99% of the people will have no idea what i'm cosplaying!

and it'll just look like we are dressing up a LOT..that's why i'm sorta looking for a costume'ish outfit

yeah i'm going towards hyori's dark angel look, but haven't decided which one..and WHEN i'll be wearing it!! lol can you buy cheap microphone headsets???

kiwi_lady: Imagine Lee Jun Ki's face with Bi's body... !!!!!!!! We should cosplay audition sometime...lets do it at next CN!! (you're awesome at the game...SHUT UP i couldn't handle anything above 100bpm at level 5!!!)

omggg I got my ASS kicked in the free server XDDDD it was fun though!! Gotta lev up to get all the cool stuff T_T!!
we should cos audition!! although I'm not quite sure how xDDDD

hibekisensai: O_O Bi is that popluar around the world? that is definatly K pride worthy XDD

Unread 09-30-2006, 08:56 PM   #9
lainey
D2R Cosplay

Bleh, yeah I was hoping that there would be a fake headset microphone prop...argh! If you guys see any...LET ME KNOW lol I have until mid next year so ^_^

Audition cosplay = kpop cosplay..sorta! We can still do it! The a cash clothing are sooo cute! I'd love an excuse to make them...and wear them for NON-cosplay too!!

hibekisensai: YO come up to Canada with kiwi...and we'll do awesome KPOP COSPLAY!!!!!!

Though...I am finding it REALLY hard to find an outfit for Rain that is...recognizable!

I USED to be a BoA fan...but not really anymore. She's changed...SO much and I don't like her new music that much. I liked her older stuff better. And BoA doesn't have any real nice costumes that stand out either.

Btw...Pepsi commercial of Bi and Aguilera:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ka_H_W2bK3s
(his shirt is open btw kiwi =P)

How come Bi always wears just...normal clothes! lol But I guess...male artists don't really have costumes now that I think of it (excluding all jrock)?

Rumour has it that he's releasing an album in North America. That'd be awesome.
Anime North |Otakon
Unread 10-01-2006, 04:26 AM   #10
mikcy
subject zero

Funny enough, I have because I'm a big nerd. I've cosplayed Dong Bang Shin Gi about... 3 times. Yes. Two Micky costumes and one Jaejoong!

I so plan on doing more kpop costumes. <3

cosplays 2013
♫c.viper (street fighter iv) → jack (mass effect 3) → elsa (frozen) → morrigan (dragon age: inquisition) ♫

tumblrfb
mikcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2006, 10:53 PM   #11
lainey
D2R Cosplay

for some STRANGE reason...I have korean characters on my comp now!!! I don't know how they got on!! YES!!!

I've heard of Dong Bang Shin Gi...but never actually...heard of them/him/she/O_O

I saw King and the clown today...LEE JUN KI GODLINESS O_O Man, I was SCARED throughout the entire movie...afraid of some disturbing scene..or the king randomly killing someone...
Anime North |Otakon
Unread 10-03-2006, 11:30 AM   #12
hibekisensai
Habitual User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lainey
hibekisensai: YO come up to Canada with kiwi...and we'll do awesome KPOP COSPLAY!!!!!!

Btw...Pepsi commercial of Bi and Aguilera:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ka_H_W2bK3s
(his shirt is open btw kiwi =P)

How come Bi always wears just...normal clothes! lol But I guess...male artists don't really have costumes now that I think of it (excluding all jrock)?

Rumour has it that he's releasing an album in North America. That'd be awesome.
I will consider going to a couple conventions in Canada next year...i love the Toronto area, so if there's a good one up that way, count me in for 2007!

btw- the pepsi commercial...Bi and Christina filmed separately, it sounds good though, doesn't it?! As for the rumors of a North American album, yes it's true, but he said he would do it when he was very comfortable with his english....which hasn't happened yet, so...we're all waiting!

Dong Bang Shin Gi = DBSK = TVXQ a very very popular korean band! the members are kinda young, their songs a bit...childish? but they're really popular in Korea!
Unread 10-03-2006, 06:57 PM   #13
Sakaaa
Sakaaa

I'm considering to do a giant SuperJunior 'U' cosplay XD;
OMFG, The king and the clown was an amazing movie *__* Jun kiiii <33

my purest heart to yours.

AN'05; Pocky boy.
AN'06; Sasuke/Naruto.
D-T.A.C'06; Kazu/Air Gear.
M-T.A.C'07; Visual-kei.
AN'07; L/Death Note.
CNAnime'07; Hikaru/Ouran High schoolhost club.
AN Halloween dance '07; Visual-kei.
D-T.A.C'07; Koi-kei.
M-T.A.C'08; N/A
AN'08; Hikaru/Ouran Highschool host club, Sasuke/Naruto.
CNAnime'08; Hibari/REBORN, Naoki/NANA.
D-T.A.C'08; Soubi/Loveless.
M-T.A.C'09; EGA.
AN'09; Zero/Vampire Knight.
CNAnime'09; Haine/DOGS, Shin/NANA.

Sakaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2006, 08:40 PM   #14
lainey
D2R Cosplay

hibekisensai: yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees I'll sport my hyori outfit! I'll organize a photoshoot as well. Yeah I know it was filmed separately, man, the power of the green screen.

btw do you guys have livejournal? add me to your friends list: laineyrose ^_^

and BTW...I have 1,337 posts now!! LOL *geek*
Anime North |Otakon
Unread 10-03-2006, 08:58 PM   #15
hibekisensai
Habitual User

hi lainey! yeah, keep me posted on any conventions around the Toronto area that you attend! That would be pretty cool to do a Kpop cosplay group! Being Korean definitely will help us pull it off! yeah, i'm on livejournal, i'm hibekisensai there too...i will add you to my list!

I would do a Tae Bin cosplay, but nobody would have a freakin' clues who i would be...so i would most likely do a Se7en cosplay (possibly old school Seo Taiji- his outfits from his Nan Arayo video are classic!)...Seo Taiji and Se7en are probably two of the most recognized Korean male artists, only second to Bi....btw, you could pull off a Hyori cosplay! I have a video of her performing in NYC, and she has this pink jogging suit, cute pink hat, Manolos (high heel boots)...pm me if you want the video...it might give you more reference material for a Hyori cosplay, if you want to do something a little different than her Dark Angel look...

Sakaaa- surprisingly, i would recognize pretty much all Kpop cosplay as i am a HUGE Kpop fan...so i would definitely recognize Super Junior...very cool!