Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Yaoi-Con

Unread 09-23-2006, 08:30 PM   #1
DragonKeeper
Sexta Espada No.6

Talking Ninja Gaiden/DOA Gathering

so who's dressing up for Dead or Alive? I mainly ask that game because well it has more characters that people cosplay xD rarely do i ever see ninja gaiden cosplay.....but ill be going as Ryu Hayabusa and he's in the DOA games. ill be going to the con the entire weekend, what day ill be cosplaying ryu probably sat ....but.....

anyone else cosplaying DOA?
DragonKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-24-2006, 04:20 PM   #2
DragonKeeper
Sexta Espada No.6

oh man NO ONE? xD i guess that means more glumps for ryu :3
Unread 09-25-2006, 12:03 AM   #3
HeeroJF
Author & Cosplayer, baby

RYU HAYABUSA IS IN DOA?!??? WHY HAVEN'T I HEARD OF THIS BEFORE!!!!!

omg, I totally need to find you and take a shot. Sorry I don't have a DOA costume, myself, but wow, Ninja Gaiden! squee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonKeeper
so who's dressing up for Dead or Alive? I mainly ask that game because well it has more characters that people cosplay xD rarely do i ever see ninja gaiden cosplay.....but ill be going as Ryu Hayabusa and he's in the DOA games. ill be going to the con the entire weekend, what day ill be cosplaying ryu probably sat ....but.....

anyone else cosplaying DOA?
HeeroJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2006, 12:25 AM   #4
DragonKeeper
Sexta Espada No.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeeroJF
RYU HAYABUSA IS IN DOA?!??? WHY HAVEN'T I HEARD OF THIS BEFORE!!!!!

omg, I totally need to find you and take a shot. Sorry I don't have a DOA costume, myself, but wow, Ninja Gaiden! squee
lol oh man you need to play games more often. and i dont even play DOA xD that game has been around for ages. i mean thers 4 games of the series now, came out not too long ago. and according to website sources Ryu Hayabusa was invited to the Dead or Alive tournament or something, thus he's in the game. the 4th game also has a Master Cheif look alike in it. think he's one of the unlockable characters but yes...

im cosplaying Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden on the xbox. not his clan suit, but the leather suit you see in the 2nd chapter i believe, near the beginning of the game. basically this:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/...e+-in%3Ascraps
the costume is almost done too. did alot of ordering and hope to get them in the mail so i can finish it. but yes! almost done XD
Unread 09-25-2006, 12:31 AM   #5
HeeroJF
Author & Cosplayer, baby

Ahh, I see. I'm a Nintendo guy. I'm not aware of there ever being a DOA game on a Nintendo system, has there? Then again, there are so many games I need to catch up with, it wouldn't surprise me if I'd missed it.

But it just comes to show that the people around me have no knowledge/respect for oldschool gaming if I've been able to go on so long without anyone ever telling me that!

There's a Ninja Gaiden on the Xbox?? That's a nice outfit he has, but if it were me, you bet I'd be cosplaying him from the NES games. ^_^

Quote:
lol oh man you need to play games more often. and i dont even play DOA xD that game has been around for ages. i mean thers 4 games of the series now, came out not too long ago. and according to website sources Ryu Hayabusa was invited to the Dead or Alive tournament or something, thus he's in the game. the 4th game also has a Master Cheif look alike in it. think he's one of the unlockable characters but yes...

im cosplaying Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden on the xbox. not his clan suit, but the leather suit you see in the 2nd chapter i believe, near the beginning of the game. basically this:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/...e+-in%3Ascraps
the costume is almost done too. did alot of ordering and hope to get them in the mail so i can finish it. but yes! almost done XD
Unread 09-25-2006, 12:35 AM   #6
DragonKeeper
Sexta Espada No.6

Quote:
Ahh, I see. I'm a Nintendo guy. I'm not aware of there ever being a DOA game on a Nintendo system, has there? Then again, there are so many games I need to catch up with, it wouldn't surprise me if I'd missed it.

But it just comes to show that the people around me have no knowledge/respect for oldschool gaming if I've been able to go on so long without anyone ever telling me that!

There's a Ninja Gaiden on the Xbox?? That's a nice outfit he has, but if it were me, you bet I'd be cosplaying him from the NES games. ^_^
lol hey now dude, im an old console gamer myself. i still have the original nintendo set with me. i loved playing mario brothers when i was a kid, and Puzznic and Rad Racer and definately Pac Man. xD im also into classic pc games like Blood, Doom, Monkey Island...lots more. been playing games since i was 7. :3 im a huge gamer xD good to know people out there will recognize who i am. however i dont believe DOA was ever an NES game. Ninja Gaiden was but not sure about DOA. still a great game though. i love Ninja Gaiden :3
Unread 09-25-2006, 12:46 AM   #7
HeeroJF
Author & Cosplayer, baby

Quote:
lol hey now dude, im an old console gamer myself. i still have the original nintendo set with me. i loved playing mario brothers when i was a kid, and Puzznic and Rad Racer and definately Pac Man. xD im also into classic pc games like Blood, Doom, Monkey Island...lots more. been playing games since i was 7. :3 im a huge gamer xD good to know people out there will recognize who i am. however i dont believe DOA was ever an NES game. Ninja Gaiden was but not sure about DOA. still a great game though. i love Ninja Gaiden :3

Exxxcellent! ^__^ Old school really ruled my life there during those late-80s early 90s years! Do you remember a PC game called Star Control 2? That's my favourite game of all time.

Yay for Monkey Island!
Unread 09-25-2006, 01:04 AM   #8
DragonKeeper
Sexta Espada No.6

Quote:
Exxxcellent! ^__^ Old school really ruled my life there during those late-80s early 90s years! Do you remember a PC game called Star Control 2? That's my favourite game of all time.

Yay for Monkey Island!
Star Control? no..i know of Star Fox XD
Unread 09-25-2006, 01:20 AM   #9
HeeroJF
Author & Cosplayer, baby

Quote:
Star Control? no..i know of Star Fox XD
Yes, Star Fox was excellent! The N64 version was my favourite.

Star Control 2... if you can still find it somewhere (that actually works in Windows!) it's fantastic!
Unread 09-25-2006, 01:39 AM   #10
Kasui_Enoki
King of cutting it close

I'll probably bring Elliot.

D.Gray-Myu
DuckSushi Commissions
Kasui_Enoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2006, 01:57 AM   #11
DragonKeeper
Sexta Espada No.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasui_Enoki
I'll probably bring Elliot.
oh sweet. i google searched the character. he has a cool suit, at least for the fourth game. itll be even better if more DOA characters show up xD
Unread 09-25-2006, 04:02 AM   #12
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

...Please don't turn threads into conversations. ^^; You can use the Private Messages system to talk about things like that if you wish.

I have a DOA costume, but I'd feel really weird wearing Kasumi to YaoiCon...

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: Anime Los Angeles (January 9-11)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2006, 04:11 AM   #13
DragonKeeper
Sexta Espada No.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi
...Please don't turn threads into conversations. ^^; You can use the Private Messages system to talk about things like that if you wish.

I have a DOA costume, but I'd feel really weird wearing Kasumi to YaoiCon...

heh well i didnt mean to turn it into one ^^; but that'd be cool if you brought your Kasumi outfit. if we can get enough i might be able to get BSaphire to do a photo shoot of us, which is the main reason i made this thread,...see if i can get enough to do a photoshoot.
Unread 09-25-2006, 05:19 AM   #14
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Just try to keep the off-topic stuff elsewhere, so that cosplay gathering threads don't turn into video game discussion threads. ^_~

Well really, I'd feel really weird doing girl cosplay at this con. But I just realized my haircut provides rather accurate Hayate/Ein hair, so maybe I can be him. XD

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: Anime Los Angeles (January 9-11)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2006, 02:11 PM   #15
DragonKeeper
Sexta Espada No.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi
Just try to keep the off-topic stuff elsewhere, so that cosplay gathering threads don't turn into video game discussion threads. ^_~

Well really, I'd feel really weird doing girl cosplay at this con. But I just realized my haircut provides rather accurate Hayate/Ein hair, so maybe I can be him. XD
well your a female right? and the con is mainly about maleXmale...so i dont see why you'd feel weird cosplaying a female O_o im cosplaying a male xD i always cosplay males actually...i would understand if it was Yuri Con especially since im straight >_>