Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > MegaCon

Unread 11-06-2006, 10:38 AM   #16
Spookloops
We Broke It.

I bought fabric this weekend! I usually procrastinate and do my costume right before I con, but I really want to do a nice job with this one, so hopefully I stay on the ball here....

Unread 11-11-2006, 11:33 PM   #17
LadyRayne
Leelee the Bunny

I'll try to keep you motivated by posting in this forum a lot ^.^
-Leelee
LadyRayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2006, 04:11 PM   #18
Spookloops
We Broke It.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRayne
I'll try to keep you motivated by posting in this forum a lot ^.^
-Leelee

Thanks! My pattern wasn't exactly to my size, so I made a prototype out of a sheet to get the measurements right. That got done this weekend, so I'm going to make a normal skirt I can wear to work for practice, and then make the skirt for my cosplay! I should get skirt v2.0 done next weekend or so - I have to get a few supplies I didn't know I needed until I made that prototype! (I had never made a full garment from scratch before, nor worked with patterns, so I'm still learning a few things here! I've always taken preexisting garments and altered them, so this opens up a whole new world of possibilities for me... being in the fabric store was worse than the candy store! )
Unread 12-11-2006, 08:57 AM   #19
Spookloops
We Broke It.

Ooh, it's been a while! How is everyone coming along??
Unread 12-11-2006, 05:55 PM   #20
LadyRayne
Leelee the Bunny

I've gotten my fabric and beads in order, my base wig is straightened and conditioned, I just need to start construction. Anyone else?
-Leelee
P.S. I got a new avatar, that's something.
Unread 12-11-2006, 06:44 PM   #21
Spookloops
We Broke It.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRayne View Post
I've gotten my fabric and beads in order, my base wig is straightened and conditioned, I just need to start construction. Anyone else?
-Leelee
P.S. I got a new avatar, that's something.
*Mental Note*
I may need to ask advice of you on how to style a wig for a con in May, or talk about commissioning it from you....

If I can get my house cleared post-holiday, I should be able to complete most of the sewing (except the gold collar piece.... ) by the New Year if I am focused... the holiday hub-bub and a barrage of non-specific malaises have hit me (grr!) Then I can focus on the details... the details... the details... I can handle it though, if I keep my mind on it.

(sorry - jitters - after making simpler cosplays for so long, I'm really wanting this to be my debut onto the cosplay radar, so I'm kind of nervous about doing a really good job!! )
Unread 12-12-2006, 07:44 PM   #22
LadyRayne
Leelee the Bunny

Well good luck and I'd love to talk to you about commissioning a wig from me.
-Leelee
Unread 01-02-2007, 03:00 PM   #23
Spookloops
We Broke It.

Update: The last of the fabric except for a few small things and some lining material have been purchased thanks to the HUGE sale (Yay!!). At this point I have almost all the supplies I need except for some little things to make everything. I didn't get to start sewing over the holiday becuase of all the family coming and going, but I did get to sew a little on another project I am trying to finish first and practiced a few techniques I hope will benefit this cosplay. I pwn the invisible hem stitch now (my machine won't do it so I have to do by hand - my current project is a skirt with white parts, and I was using black thread - NONE of it shows! Yay!)! It will really help avoid strange lines on the cosplay and keep things looking smooth and fluid.

I have all of this weekend blocked off to sew and recover from the holiday! Santa even brought a new neck massager to work out the kinks after hunching over the sewing machine!

I forgot to mention! HAPPY NEW YEAR!! I hope it brings everyone nothing but the best!!

Last edited by Spookloops : 01-02-2007 at 03:02 PM. Reason: forgot the holiday greetings, then a stoopid type-o!
Spookloops is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2007, 02:55 PM   #24
Solo
Mou

When does everyone want to meet up?
Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2007, 10:01 AM   #25
Spookloops
We Broke It.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo View Post
When does everyone want to meet up?

Good question. How many people are still on the PoH boat? And what are they going as? I'm dying to know.

I live local to the con, so I'm flexible on meeting up.
Unread 01-16-2007, 10:04 AM   #26
Solo
Mou

I'm definatly going and will be bringing Alice. I'm going to be in the costume contest with another costume so Friday or Sunday might be easiest for me.
Unread 01-16-2007, 07:52 PM   #27
LadyRayne
Leelee the Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo View Post
I'm definatly going and will be bringing Alice. I'm going to be in the costume contest with another costume so Friday or Sunday might be easiest for me.
That so figures, because I'll be in costume contest with Medusa, maybe Sunday?
-Leelee
Unread 01-16-2007, 08:10 PM   #28
Spookloops
We Broke It.

Sunday sounds good. I will probably be in the contest as Bird.
Unread 01-16-2007, 08:56 PM   #29
Solo
Mou

Sunday sounds good to me too.
Unread 01-29-2007, 12:39 AM   #30
Spookloops
We Broke It.

I posted more prgress pics in my gallery! I'm so happy that today was so productive - the wings and 1/4 of the headgear got done today! I'm not panicking any more! (whew!!!) How's everyone else doing??