Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Otakon

Unread 03-19-2003, 11:28 AM   #1
Vialoi Ketsueke
The vexatious one.

Smile Any one from Massachusetts want to have a costume making party for Otakon?

Hi.
I'm originally from Massachuetts, but I am attending school in Nyc. When I go home over the summer, I am increddibly lonesome, and bored. So, I was wondering if anyone from MA would like to get together and have a costume making party one day for Otakon,or anyother convention. Well, we don't have to do just that..We could also hang out too. ^_^;;; I dunno, it seemed like a good idea..
Vialoi Ketsueke is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-19-2003, 12:47 PM   #2
hotohori74
Dark is snazzy! KAWAII!

Hi! What city are you from? My friend (cyankirby) and I are from Massachusettes too.
hotohori74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2003, 03:55 PM   #3
Vialoi Ketsueke
The vexatious one.

I'm from Plymouth, and I also live in Swansea as well. What city/town are you from?
Unread 03-20-2003, 02:56 AM   #4
hotohori74
Dark is snazzy! KAWAII!

I'm from Northampton, and my friend is from Florence. Another of my friends is also from Northampton. We're all pretty close, so we all decided to come here.

Actually, today... well, last night, we had an all-night party,(it's still going now). Only a few of us are still awake. Some of worked on costumes, but not all.
hotohori74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2003, 12:01 PM   #5
Vialoi Ketsueke
The vexatious one.

^_^;; I don't even know where Northampton and Florence are, so I'm guessing it's pretty far from the plymouth area.. ;___;
Unread 03-21-2003, 12:37 AM   #6
lialia
mmm....Lifesavers :P

im up in peabody and am dying o go to otakon but cant get neone to go with me but i would love to get in on the costume making idea
lialia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2003, 10:31 AM   #7
Vialoi Ketsueke
The vexatious one.

Peabody? I've heard of that, but I don't know where it is...;___;
Aw, you don't have anyone to go with? If I can get a big enough car, you can go with me. I'm was planning on driving, and I worry about driving by myself to a place I don't know. I say "Big enough car" because I also might have to pick up people in NYC and bring them to Otakon.
I just thought of something. I'll be turning 21 in July, so I should be able to rent a car,...Right?..
Unread 03-21-2003, 10:37 AM   #8
Koumori
Dye! Dye! My darling

Quote:
Originally posted by Vialoi Ketsueke

I just thought of something. I'll be turning 21 in July, so I should be able to rent a car,...Right?..
Most places require you to be 25 to rent a car. Northampton is north of Springfield. Peabody is on the North Shore.

www.suspiciouscloset.com
Koumori is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2003, 12:45 PM   #9
Vialoi Ketsueke
The vexatious one.

Quote:
Originally posted by Koumori
Most places require you to be 25 to rent a car. Northampton is north of Springfield. Peabody is on the North Shore.
Hmm, I see. I'll have to work something out.
Anyway, even if the costumes aren't for Otakon, I'd love to get together for a costume party.
Unread 03-22-2003, 06:34 PM   #10
Blaze
Finally Married...

Vialoi, have you been down to the northampton area at all, I'm friends with Hotohori and cyankirby here. What hotel did you plan on staying at? Maybe if we can't get together here in the state, we can hang out together at the con itself, any intrest in raiding the dealer room early by chance?? :-)
Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2003, 07:24 PM   #11
Vialoi Ketsueke
The vexatious one.

I believe I am staying at the Sherton. Heh, I'd love to raid the dealers room early. ^_^
I'm sorry to say, that I don't think I've ever been in the northampton area.
Unread 03-22-2003, 11:27 PM   #12
cyankirby
I'm coming for you...

Northampton is a small sorta artsy town in Western Mass. It's not too hard to find...at least to me. Costume parties are always good... I should be working on my bahamut so I don't have to cram it in to the last few days. Which I prob. will anyway...
MAC you're finally on! It's a miracle!
I don't know about anyone else but hanging out and hitting the dealers room seems like a great idea! Gotta go after those cool pins!
My friends and I will be at the Wyndham. Not too close but that's 'cause some people in my room were dragging their feet(not mentioning names or anything...)
Fubar (Suikoden III) - Finished
Warcraft costume TBA - In Progress
Serina (Magna Carta) - In Progress
Oki (Wolf form) (Okami) - In Progress
Dryad/centaur (World of Warcraft) - Finished
cyankirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2003, 12:56 AM   #13
Mizuho
Sara the Spider!

Hey, I'll be living in Wellesley, MA this summer! I think it'd be cool if we all got together.... Maybe we could take pictures, too.... Anyone got a nice digital camera?
Mizuho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2003, 02:17 AM   #14
cyankirby
I'm coming for you...

I have a 3.1 megapixal fujifilm camera! It takes pretty good pictures although I haven't uploaded any to my computer to print out yet. And it has a short video mode too... Pretty cool but it's more of a picture camera rather then movie camera.
I can't wait to put it to the test at Otakon!
And yeah, I think that getting together for a while, maybe working on costumes, and taking some pictures would be awesome! How long will you be in Mass. over the summer? I will be gone during May for a school thing but after that I'll be around for the rest of the summer.
Fubar (Suikoden III) - Finished
Warcraft costume TBA - In Progress
Serina (Magna Carta) - In Progress
Oki (Wolf form) (Okami) - In Progress
Dryad/centaur (World of Warcraft) - Finished
cyankirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2003, 09:27 AM   #15
Vialoi Ketsueke
The vexatious one.

Taking pictures is always very fun too. I have a Fijifilm digital camera too. I forgot the megapixal though..But, It takes really good pictures. I also can borrow my dad's professional camera,if he lets me..
and if anyone wants to do a little extra work, we could do video;because I also have a DV camera.
I've heard of Wellesly before. I think I might have played basketball there one time for my high school team. North hampton is artsy? Now I want to go..;__;
I get home from school in May, and I go back to school in NYC in late August. I really hope we can get together sometime, it sounds like we'll have fun. ^_^