Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Disgaea

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-18-2007, 05:15 PM   #151
Terranell
Princess Complex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Clover View Post
Don't take this the wrong way, Feytaline, but that EtnaFlonne/FlonneEtna pic is soooo sexy cute! You guys are adorable! I'm glad someone finally cosplayed that artbook picture. ^_^
=^^;= Yeah, that saw all of... an hour of con time. Looking back though, I'm glad we got the pictures. I felt so naked. (But I love the way that wig looks on me, it's like my old hair.)

So yesterday I finally got materials for Rozalin. =3 (Thank you for the coupons, feytaline. <3) After planning it for so long, it's honestly hard to believe that I'm ready to get started on it. To be completely truthful, I'm almost frightened of the project! Eventually I will start on my boyfriend's Adell costume, but I won't even worry about it until Rozy is halfway finished. I hope he doesn't get sick of wearing Adell because Rozy's probably going to every con I go to for at least two years.

Unread 05-18-2007, 05:33 PM   #152
feytaline

XD I am excited to see you as Rozy. No fretting, you'll be awesome!

I'm getting really excited for Skanky Etna... even though reg. Etna still needs a bit of revamping. Stephy told me that she'd be able to help me with the bracelets... She just graduated with a degree in 3-D design (or sommat like that) so she has mad skills. Agh, I want to start now! But I have so much other stuff I have to finish...
Unread 05-18-2007, 09:33 PM   #153
Devi 1313
Good girls gather

Rozalin's the one with the pretty magenta, black and gold gown, right? I'd love to dress as her, but blonde would look terrible with my skin color, and I'm not familiar with Disgaea 2 at all. Maybe Plenair if I ever watch/read/play it.
Devi 1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2007, 08:36 PM   #154
Envel
I'm a little teapot!

Calm down Devi! *pet pet*

I know how the last-minute stuff can be before a con. Can't remember the last time anything was finished before we actually left.

But I swear, anything that's not done is NOT going to Otakon! D< I'm sick of lugging the machine around. x.x;; Death.

Etna's coming along nicely... I've been working on the axe. Still needs more silver paint and the embellishments. I'm working on carving out the rest of the foam core for the pigtails right. Now. XD

I've actually completely figured out how to make Etna's insanely large bracelets insanely large without them flopping everywhere and looking retarded. BWAHAHAHA! >D
Envel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2007, 12:47 AM   #155
Devi 1313
Good girls gather

I fixed my wig! Although it still doesn't cover the sides of my hair really well... and you still can't really see my face through it. I'll have to learn how to do this felting stuff myself so I can add/exchange new pieces on there... after Fanime. Gah, would double sided tape really keep my stockings up? I used some fashion tape and they still pulled down when I walked. On an up note my wig looks really cool with my gown! I plan on wearing my choker with it and maybe leaving out the bangles. Whaddaya think?
Unread 05-21-2007, 10:32 AM   #156
Envel
I'm a little teapot!

I'm afraid of wigs with dreadlocks. D= I don't know how to work with them, or I'd offer you advice. </3

Yeah, if fashion tape isn't working on your stockings, I'd use that tape that Feytaline suggested. I'll probably pick up some just in case here after I build my savings account back up.

Etna's axe is moving along slowly... But it's looking good. I'll try to get all the belts and the wings made over the next two days. I'm still debating how the wings are going to be worn. I'm not attaching them to the back of the bra, so now we're going to have to play around with other methods.
Unread 05-21-2007, 02:33 PM   #157
Devi 1313
Good girls gather

hehe, my wings are permanently attached, no worries for me!

The wool dreads are pretty easy to work with! I just chopped them off and hand sewed them to the back, but there weren't enough to go around. I miss the long pieces on the sides. I'll have to make some new ones.
Unread 05-21-2007, 06:06 PM   #158
Terranell
Princess Complex

XD I made a bow. It took me an hour to make it the way I wanted it to look, then I realized I still wasn't done when I saw that I have not yet purchased my gems. I was thinking about going with model magic, but I don't think I want to do that. So do any of you have suggestions on where I can buy the oval-shaped gems in Rozalin's jewelry?
Unread 05-22-2007, 08:21 AM   #159
BotMan

i want to cosplay as Geo from the first game..but..it look way to hard @.@
BotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2007, 11:29 AM   #160
Envel
I'm a little teapot!

After painstakingly cutting vinyl for webbing since webbing doesn't come in the sizes I need, I've finished the belts on Etna's gloves. Dur.

So now Etna's gloves, choker, and earrings are all 100% finished.

I decided to put more silver on the boots before I dare say they're done.

I resized the darn skirt, so now it's actually SHORT enough without throwing off my proportions, and it doesn't fall off of me.

I don't know what I might have been smoking to think Etna's skirt was done when it was 3 sizes too big.

Like, WTF mate? XD

Man, getting Etna's top, skirt, and thigh highs to look good proportion wise is annoying. Why do I have to be so short? DX
Unread 05-23-2007, 11:51 AM   #161
feytaline

Terranell--I have some ideas for Rozalin's jewelry. Let's go shopping in toy departments for costume jewelry, as well as thrift stores. You never know what you might find.

Also, ask Steph! If fiberglass coating works for "Skanky Etna" then you might be able to make something like that for Rozzy. Hmm, sculpey, if painted correctly, might have a better texture than model magic...

I love how I'm replying to your thread when in reality I could just pop into your room next door whenever I get home. XD

Well, we're doing it! We'll be dying Etna again with sharpies soon. I'm excited!
Unread 05-23-2007, 01:16 PM   #162
Devi 1313
Good girls gather

ok, so all I have left is to finish putting the straps on my boots, tweak the wig a little more and once my gloves come in putting the straps on those! Woo!
Unread 05-23-2007, 09:37 PM   #163
KnuxieChan
Thunderbolt's Bitch

Trying to find a new wig for Laharl. Then I gotta tighten the shorts a bit, because the leg holes are like parachutes.

After that, I gotta add a thin wire to my cape so it'll keep it's shape instead of just being limp, and I have to touch up my poor shoes. They've gotten so beat up..
Major Raikov (Metal Gear Solid 3)
Kazuhira Miller (Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker)
Joltik (Pokémon Hoodie)
Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil 4)
Marik Ishtar (YGOTAS)

----------------------
KnuxieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2007, 10:56 AM   #164
Envel
I'm a little teapot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by feytaline View Post

Well, we're doing it! We'll be dying Etna again with sharpies soon. I'm excited!
I noticed you mentioned you said you weren't going for pink in your long Etna description. What color were you going or? Or did you just want a different shade of pink? XD

I just made Etna's bracelets, getting ready to bake them. I can't wait to make those gravity defying things. Woooo.
Unread 05-24-2007, 02:19 PM   #165
Devi 1313
Good girls gather

Woohoo! My gloves just arrived today, the day I leave for Fanime! I just need to finish putting the straps and buckles together then have mom shorten the gloves (they come past my shoulders) then I'm DONE!!