Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Disgaea

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 34 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-24-2007, 10:38 PM   #166
Envel
I'm a little teapot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devi 1313 View Post
Woohoo! My gloves just arrived today, the day I leave for Fanime! I just need to finish putting the straps and buckles together then have mom shorten the gloves (they come past my shoulders) then I'm DONE!!
Oh, congrats! I'm glad you got your gloves in time. ^_^ Can't wait to see pictures of your finished product.

I worked on some spikes today for the wig. I need to put some more fiber into a couple of them, but so far so good. ^_~
Envel is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-27-2007, 02:05 PM   #167
feytaline

Quote:
I noticed you mentioned you said you weren't going for pink in your long Etna description. What color were you going or? Or did you just want a different shade of pink? XD
I'm going for the "This is NOT a color in the crayon box" shade of red-magenta-brown-pink stuff that she has in the artbook pictures (most of which seem rather blue tinted...) However, I don't think that's possible without getting a ton of ink or sharpies and experimenting and mixing for a long time...

We got the sharpies, but we need the extensions! We got red and magenta. I hope it looks okay.

Shopping for Rozzy beads with Miss Terranell the other day was a good time. If anyone has any websites they can recommend for jewels, that would be great... >.<

Ah, and I have a new project... Etna's bathing suit from the promotional anime artwork. Why? because I CAN... and it's fun. Okay, so I really want to make Miss terranell wear Flonne's froofy, silly outfit to match--and maybe I can get cantarella to design one for her Pleinair!... LOL someday we should do the schoolgirl versions too... Yay one shot outfits so we're only recognizable from our wigs!!!!!!

Hmm, makes me wonder... Does Rozy have any alternate outfits?
Unread 05-28-2007, 05:28 PM   #168
Devi 1313
Good girls gather

Yaaay! I'm back! My costume went over well and I saw about 3 other Flonnes, a female Laharl and some of the classes! Supposedly there was another Etna but I never got to see her. Broccoli books was there so I bought the Disgaea art book (and discovered Etna and I are both the same height! 4'10"!) a prinny and the Disgaea 2 manga (so I don't have to play the game to find out what's going on) and even got a couple free Disgaea stickers! My ballroom outfit was very popular. Anytime I sat down guys ran over to ask me to dance. I danced with about 6-7 guys that night! The only problem I had was when someone knocked my wig loose trying to spin me.

I got to see the Masquerade and I'm so tempted to make a Skanky Etna outfit for a skit, but I need to read the story to make sure I can get all the details right (last thing I need is to portray Etna and Adell as enemies when they're friends or something).
Devi 1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2007, 06:54 PM   #169
Terranell
Princess Complex

Sounds like you had a lot of fun, Devi. ^^ I can't wait to wear Rozalin to a masquerade ball. The Disgaea 2 manga is excellent... it tells about things that happened sort of "behind the scenes" and "between the chapters." Unlike the first Disgaea's manga, this one is not at all rushed and isn't just a digest version of the game. (Thank for that wonderful birthday present, feytaline.)

And yes, any suggestions for the jewels for Rozalin are appreciated. I found white plastic beads today that would work fantastic, but I don't know how I would paint them without it being something that would chip off or look stupid. They were on a necklace that was only $6.

Speaking of swimsuit versions.... XD Flonne's swimsuit is so retarded. Like I said, I'd wear it if you make it for me, but a swimsuit Rozy would be cool, too! (Then again, I'd be worried about showing too much of myself.) I do like the schoolgirl versions... they're rather cute and I could actually use my glasses for a costume for once.
Unread 05-28-2007, 10:35 PM   #170
Envel
I'm a little teapot!

@Feytaline: Yeah, that's what I was going for too. Mine came out a darkish magenta color, which is what I was going for to match the sprite, since the artwork inconsistency was killing me. I mixed berry, red, magenta, black, and burgundy sharpies if you need any ideas. XD

I hated using the berry, though, I wouldn't recommend that. >_> TOO TOO PINK! D=

Oh, and red Sharpies always come out pink unless you strand dye the wig. I found that out the hard way. Oh well, it came out okay in the end. >.<

I've been working on Etna's spikes, I've got a few of them, hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to get at least one pigtail's worth of spikes done. That'd be nice, since I'd wanted to have that done yesterday.

Of course with my luck, I'll get that many done and realize I want more. >_>

Grwar.
Unread 05-30-2007, 11:19 AM   #171
feytaline

Quote:
I got to see the Masquerade and I'm so tempted to make a Skanky Etna outfit for a skit, but I need to read the story to make sure I can get all the details right (last thing I need is to portray Etna and Adell as enemies when they're friends or something).
LOL Terranell look what we started!!!

I'm really excited to see pics, Devi!

It seems to be really fun to do alternate versions of Etna--ballgown, swimsuit, lolita, schoolgirl, etc... I think it might also be because once you work that hard on a wig, you want to use it as often as possible, ne? XD

And I still want to dress up Terranell as Flonne cosplaying Etna from the Disgaea 2 manga--with little pumpkin earrings. Too cute!

Good luck on your wig, Twilight! Do you have any progress shots yet?
Unread 05-31-2007, 12:00 AM   #172
Terranell
Princess Complex

XD What am I, woman? Your personal dressup doll? (My size Terranell, lolololol)

Alright guys, get this. *Disgaea club gossip* I might have found the first Vulcanus cosplayer evar. XD One of my friends is now hooked thanks to me lending him my manga... and he said that the only character he could look like that isn't one of the classes is Vulcanus. Which I find to be rather funny. =P Do any of you have suggestions on how to make the large wings? (I'm thinking about making a Lamington for my boyfriend too.)
Unread 05-31-2007, 12:44 AM   #173
Envel
I'm a little teapot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by feytaline View Post
Good luck on your wig, Twilight! Do you have any progress shots yet?

Progress shots? I'm not usually one to post things until they're done, but I do have some pictures of the dye color.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a92...o/S2010023.jpg

That's the color I was pretty much going for, so I'm pretty happy with how that came out at least. XD It matches the sprite, so that makes me happy. I got tired of trying to pick which picture I wanted to go by, so I just went by the sprites as per someone else's idea.

I'll try to take another picture for you guys after I get one set of the spikes done. XD Even though Adventure Con is this weekend, I'm sure I'll end up working on Etna's hair somewhat over the weekend.

I might be able to finish a couple spikes here shortly. I've got a lot on my mind, so I won't be able to sleep anyway. =P
Unread 05-31-2007, 12:47 AM   #174
Envel
I'm a little teapot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terranell View Post
Do any of you have suggestions on how to make the large wings? (I'm thinking about making a Lamington for my boyfriend too.)

http://whatishcc.com/tutorials_wingharness.php

http://whatishcc.com/tutorials_angelwings.php

For harnesses and wings. : ) I'm using their wing harness idea for a Dragoon Meru. One day. That's how I would do angel wings of that size if I were doing them. Hope it helps. ^_^

DOUBLE POST. DX
Unread 05-31-2007, 01:06 AM   #175
Terranell
Princess Complex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Clover View Post

http://whatishcc.com/tutorials_wingharness.php

http://whatishcc.com/tutorials_angelwings.php

For harnesses and wings. : ) I'm using their wing harness idea for a Dragoon Meru. One day. That's how I would do angel wings of that size if I were doing them. Hope it helps. ^_^

DOUBLE POST. DX
RAWK. =3 Thanks, girl. Don't work too hard on Etna while you're at con!
Unread 05-31-2007, 01:18 AM   #176
Envel
I'm a little teapot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terranell View Post
RAWK. =3 Thanks, girl. Don't work too hard on Etna while you're at con!
Work hard? I know not the meaning.

*Isn't getting a second job to fund a Seth Nightlord cosplay. Nope.*

But I can probably pull of a skanky Etna for AWA if I have the time to make her. XD I already have a CRAP load of PVC. I stocked up last season before it hit clearance and disappeared. If I pick up the D2 artbook at Otakon, I might do Skan-Ketna for AWA. Or Sugoi, if I get to go to Sugoi. Wooooo!
Unread 05-31-2007, 01:23 AM   #177
Terranell
Princess Complex

I'm thinking of picking up a copy of the D2 artbook myself... if you happen to get it, let me know if there are good Rozy and Adell reference pictures! XD I'd love you lots for it!

I think eventually, the regulars of this thread need to meet up and have a huge Disgaea photoshoot together. It would be loads of fun.
Unread 05-31-2007, 01:34 AM   #178
Envel
I'm a little teapot!

Well, most of us are going to be at Otakon, no?

Friday night, at the fountain, at 8PM I believe it was? ^_^

My Vyers and I shall be there. She's kind of doing Vyers cause I'm making her, I dunno that she actually wants to do it. But she'll be the most precious Vyers ever! XD

Is it bad that she has the hips for Vyers? When he has womanly hips? D=

Yeah, I'll see about getting the artbook Friday. I don't like how things I want randomly sell out on Saturday. D=
Unread 05-31-2007, 03:22 PM   #179
Devi 1313
Good girls gather

there's a D2 artbook out? We had a broccoli books booth with everything Disgaea, but not that :/ I'd love to make a Rozalin costume but I don't think blonde would go with my skin color
Devi 1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2007, 10:09 PM   #180
Envel
I'm a little teapot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devi 1313 View Post
there's a D2 artbook out? We had a broccoli books booth with everything Disgaea, but not that :/ I'd love to make a Rozalin costume but I don't think blonde would go with my skin color
Aw, why not? I've seen cosplayers of every color do blonde characters. If you just change the shade of blonde slightly, it can work really well. : )

Yeah, there's a D2 artbook. I actually saw it last year at Otakon, I believe, but I was short on cash, and so I only got the first one. They recently released the English version of the first one, though, so maybe soon they'll release the second one too? ^_^

Oh, painted more on Etna's axe... Still have to sculpt those pieces to put onto it. Bleh. >_>