Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Disgaea

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-10-2007, 07:13 PM   #286
Fire Lily
Jack of Most Trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew_Pudding View Post
Is it black pleather? Or purple?
It depends on which picture you're referencing. Some of the models they have are purple. The actual art book has her in black. The game looks blackish-grey. Some have white boots/details, others have grey. Her hair has been red, reddish pink, pink, etc. It just depends on what you want to do with it.

On the whole, most people go for black and white (though I prefer the grey, white seems too abrasive a contrast). I went for a burgundy hair color because it seemed to suit her (and me) more than a pink IMO (and it changes colors under different lights, giving it a multi-tonal...thing).

Just make it whatever you want. Search the site for different Etna cosplayers and see what they've come up with. Researching other cosplayers is a great means of finding out what you do and do not want to do with your costume.

And Feytaline! Don't you give up now! You still have 10 days until the meetup! You can do it! Get that Etna done so we can drool over you ^.^

www.firelilycosplay.com
Fire Lily is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-10-2007, 08:00 PM   #287
Terranell
Princess Complex

Quote:
Originally Posted by feytaline View Post
I'm going to cry my eyes out over this stupid skanky Etna costume. Looks like it might just be Etna 1 appearing at Otakon. I'm so frustrated that everything I do turns out horribly, and I can't even figure out why. My machine has suddenly and completely inexplicably decided that it hates stretch PVC, even though I sewed the entire top with it with no problems at all. Apparently, hemming rounded and folded edges is not a problem, but heaven forbid that it gives me a plain, straight hem for the collar or skirt. The buttprinnies turned otu to be jelly bean shaped and just... not cute. At all. The bracelets--I FINALLY figured out how I'm going to do them--and I just can't motivate myself to even think about sewing them. Depressed. Depressed. DEPRESSED.
;_; At least you get to go....
By the way, do you still want me to fix your wig for you?
Unread 07-11-2007, 01:02 AM   #288
MajinEtna
Demon Lord

Hey!

Quote:
Etna's color is really up to debate. Personally, I say it's black, just like I say her hair is that weird red-magenta-brown-not-a-shade-in-the-crayon-box color, because most of the 'official' artwork has a blue tint to it, making colors hard to determine. Really, it's not something to fret too much about--go with the color you feel most comfortable with. I doubt anyone's going to get on your case about it. Unless you use yellow. Because that would just be weird.

I'm going to cry my eyes out over this stupid skanky Etna costume. Looks like it might just be Etna 1 appearing at Otakon. I'm so frustrated that everything I do turns out horribly, and I can't even figure out why. My machine has suddenly and completely inexplicably decided that it hates stretch PVC, even though I sewed the entire top with it with no problems at all. Apparently, hemming rounded and folded edges is not a problem, but heaven forbid that it gives me a plain, straight hem for the collar or skirt. The buttprinnies turned otu to be jelly bean shaped and just... not cute. At all. The bracelets--I FINALLY figured out how I'm going to do them--and I just can't motivate myself to even think about sewing them. Depressed. Depressed. DEPRESSED.

Good luck with your harness! The hardest part with [Fate]'s was getting it to stay on without puffing up the back of the jacket-shirt-thing. But it seems to have turned otu fine in the end!

... why can't I spell 'out' in this post?
Don't get depressed! You have to keep your spirits up! Stick with it until the end! Motivation girl, motivation! Don't stress over it, it will only cause more problems, I know that first hand that it's hard, but just don't stress!
Unread 07-11-2007, 02:00 AM   #289
nemisiscat
Vanity Angel

Yeah. It seemed like my Rozalin dress would never be done in time. Lo and behold... with staying up for two days straight. I got it done. =D

I was so crabby during AX. x_X
nemisiscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2007, 03:39 AM   #290
MajinEtna
Demon Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemisiscat View Post
Yeah. It seemed like my Rozalin dress would never be done in time. Lo and behold... with staying up for two days straight. I got it done. =D

I was so crabby during AX. x_X

lol! That must have sucked XD
Unread 07-11-2007, 01:37 PM   #291
crazymiko
Fiberglass Impaired

The harness is killing me. I've got it pretty much put together, just needs the wings attached. It's pretty ghetto fabulous in its own way but functional. It puffs out the jacket in the back but I'm not really sure there's anyway around it between the shape of the jacket and the bizzare way the wings hang. If I could move the harness lower it'd help but then I'd have it exposed since the jacket is so short. It's obvious now but I'm hoping that the collar and the wig will sort of balance it out since it's really only a problem at the top.
crazymiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2007, 01:41 PM   #292
nemisiscat
Vanity Angel

I really can't wait to see your mid-boss costume. <3

See... I'm still puzzling over Rozalin's wings since her dress is backless. >_>
nemisiscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2007, 01:49 PM   #293
MajinEtna
Demon Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemisiscat View Post
I really can't wait to see your mid-boss costume. <3

See... I'm still puzzling over Rozalin's wings since her dress is backless. >_>
How about attaching them onto clear bra straps?
Unread 07-11-2007, 03:06 PM   #294
Prinny-Dood
Vassal of MajinEtna

Dood!
Prinny-Dood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2007, 03:46 PM   #295
MajinEtna
Demon Lord

Ay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinny-Dood View Post
Dood!
Get back to work, Prinny!
Unread 07-11-2007, 09:03 PM   #296
Hsien-Ko
Fun Sized

hmmmm...I was wondering...would there be a way for me to cosplay Etna someday even if I am chubby? Is there a way to make it so that..I dunno..my fat doesn't show up has much? -_- and I do have huge boobs (40 D...yeah..><)
Hsien-Ko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2007, 09:35 PM   #297
Envel
I'm a little teapot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew_Pudding View Post
Okies, I have a real question XD

I really want to make Etna from Disgaea 1, however, I am in extreme turmoil over the color of her outfit.

Is it black pleather? Or purple?

And in the case of purple...does anyone know where I could find it?

Thanks so much~ <3
I agree nearly completely with what Fire Lily said. Etna's outfit, in my opinion, is black. On the statue, however, it's VERY purple, not even closely mistakened for black. The artbook for the most part depicts her as wearing black. The front panel on the skirt, as Fire Lily said, is arguably white or grey. I prefered the white for the skirt, just because... Meh. I just liked it better. XD But I've seen it done well in silver and grey.

Her boots are also either white or grey, or even silver. I went for the silver for the boots because I liked the way it looked the best, but you can really do any color combo you want, since none of them are really wrong. On the statue, the skirt panel and the boots are an ivory color, and Etna's hair is pink and orange! Her hair can be done anywhere from pink to red, and all shades in between.

Just do whichever colors you like best.

Her wings are also anywhere from red to burgundy to black. >_<

ETNA'S COLORS MAKE ME PULL OUT HAIR! HAIR, I SAY!

Good thing it was wig hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hsien-Ko View Post
hmmmm...I was wondering...would there be a way for me to cosplay Etna someday even if I am chubby? Is there a way to make it so that..I dunno..my fat doesn't show up has much? -_- and I do have huge boobs (40 D...yeah..><)
I don't know what your body specifically looks like, but I've seen bigger girls pull off skimpier costumes than Etna. As long as you know what needs to be covered and how to cover it, I see no problem with it. (I actually have seen a chubby Etna, and IMO, she was adorable.)

Go for it. ^_~
Envel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2007, 11:15 PM   #298
Hsien-Ko
Fun Sized

thank you very very much! my worries is that I won't know how to arrange the costume so that it covers up what it needs to cover... hhmmm... I guess it's onto the drawing board for me! ( I'd need to hide my hips that are rather.."big", although my boyfriend uses the word "voluptuous" anndd... hum I think that's really all, not too sure)
Hsien-Ko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2007, 01:20 AM   #299
Envel
I'm a little teapot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hsien-Ko View Post
thank you very very much! my worries is that I won't know how to arrange the costume so that it covers up what it needs to cover... hhmmm... I guess it's onto the drawing board for me! ( I'd need to hide my hips that are rather.."big", although my boyfriend uses the word "voluptuous" anndd... hum I think that's really all, not too sure)

I look forward to seeing it! ^_^

I got Etna's skirt put back together, now to re-hem and put in a new zipper. *sigh*
Envel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2007, 10:45 AM   #300
KnuxieChan
Thunderbolt's Bitch

Quote:
snip
;___; Wahh! I think your costumes are awesome! *gives you rabu-rabu*

Hsien-Ko: You could do Marjoly or Priere if you're worried about bust size. XD (Laharl says: AH. GET THE BOOBS AWAY.)
Major Raikov (Metal Gear Solid 3)
Kazuhira Miller (Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker)
Joltik (Pokémon Hoodie)
Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil 4)
Marik Ishtar (YGOTAS)

----------------------
KnuxieChan is offline   Reply With Quote