Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Disgaea

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 34 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-30-2007, 03:48 AM   #346
Terranell
Princess Complex

Thanks for all of the support, guys... but unfortunately, it's not working on the costume that's getting to me. It's the fact that I simply can't work on it that is making it so difficult. My life is incredibly demanding (who's isn't these days) and when I'm not at school... I'm working. Not working? Sleeping (which is rare anymore..) and when I'm not asleep I'm at school..~cycle continue.
I think I took on a project that I couldn't afford in many ways. I sniffled at my lovely fabric. I mean, it's there.. I can touch it! Not much I can do about it though. Especially since a roommate broke Miss Singer ( my dressform ) so that I can't keep her at my height at the moment.

Sorry to complain. This is a positive thread, so I will leave my negatives behind next time I post.

By the way, feytaline.. check fabric store. I saw pleather that was very similar to said fabric I gave you. I think it might have been the same thing.

Unread 07-30-2007, 12:36 PM   #347
Envel
I'm a little teapot!

We just got PVC in at JoAnn. Good thing I stocked up last year. >_> I think I still have enough left over from D1 Etna to make both D2 Etna and the different necklace that Flonne wears in the D2 manga.

Feytaline: Are you having trouble finding gloves for D2 Etna? If it helps, they usually have PVC gloves on Ebay. But they're usually somewhat pricey, especially in the off season. >.< I also know I'll have to drop some major money for Etna's D2 boots, which I think is why it's going to go on hold for a while and I'm going to just make the wig and different accessories to do Flonne as Etna.... Le sigh.

Terranell: Aw, don't be sad. Like Fire Lily said, just don't let it overwhelm you, take a break, don't even think about cosplay. God knows how many times I wanted to take Etna outside and set her ablaze. I only know that D2 Etna will be the same way when I get to making her. I'm sorry about your dressform though. : ( If it helps, I dropped the money for a dress form only to find that I can only do skirts on it, because the form's body itself is taller than me, so I can't fit shirts to it properly. So my dressform is a bit of a biznatch. I couldn't even get Etna's top onto it when it was on the smallest setting! Talk about annoying.

PS: D2 Etna's hair IS one freaking color.

The cosplay gods have mercy on us!

Next mini-project: D2 Flonne as Etna. Ahoy!
Envel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2007, 02:59 AM   #348
Devi 1313
Good girls gather

yea, Once I started reading the care instructions for those gloves I was like "ooh, these sound difficult to deal with" If you're interested in PVC gloves Gaspar Gloves on eBay has really nice ones. They're pricey but worth it. Sized and everything! and the seller's very nice, she helped me get my gloves like overnight, they arrived just in time for Fanime!
Devi 1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2007, 03:34 AM   #349
KnuxieChan
Thunderbolt's Bitch

I just realized Laharl's antennae aren't square at the end. XD; Wow. I'll need to fix my headband now..
Major Raikov (Metal Gear Solid 3)
Kazuhira Miller (Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker)
Joltik (Pokémon Hoodie)
Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil 4)
Marik Ishtar (YGOTAS)

----------------------
KnuxieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2007, 03:41 AM   #350
MajinEtna
Demon Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shippo87 View Post
I just realized Laharl's antennae aren't square at the end. XD; Wow. I'll need to fix my headband now..
*Blinks*
-0.0- -.- -0.0-

You just noticed that?! How funny!! XD
Unread 08-01-2007, 05:52 PM   #351
Devi 1313
Good girls gather

Oh noooo! I just unpacked my suitcase (I know, it's been 2 months since Fanime) and discovered the black vinyl from my skirt stained the white vinyl! Is there any way to clean it off or will I have to replace the whole panel?
Unread 08-01-2007, 11:29 PM   #352
Aleze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devi 1313 View Post
Oh noooo! I just unpacked my suitcase (I know, it's been 2 months since Fanime) and discovered the black vinyl from my skirt stained the white vinyl! Is there any way to clean it off or will I have to replace the whole panel?
Paint it?
Aleze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2007, 12:04 AM   #353
Fire Lily
Jack of Most Trades

Paint could crack off of the vinyl. The only way I can think of is to use rubbing alcohol or acetone (nail polish remover) on Q-tips and gently rub the stains out. Those areas of the vinyl might be a little discolored and certainly not shiny anymore, but the black will come off.

You could try using a gum eraser and erasing the marks, but I'm not sure how well that will work. If push comes to shove and you still don't want to replace the panel, try white liquid shoe polish and sponge it over the discolored areas. But only do what you won't regret!!

I hope the skirt is salvageable

www.firelilycosplay.com

Last edited by Fire Lily : 08-02-2007 at 12:07 AM.
Fire Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2007, 02:47 AM   #354
Devi 1313
Good girls gather

hmm, ok. I'll have to try that soon. I'm not too worried about shininess since the white isn't that shiny anyways.

EDIT:
I just noticed this is my 600th post!

Last edited by Devi 1313 : 08-02-2007 at 02:56 AM.
Unread 08-02-2007, 12:17 PM   #355
Envel
I'm a little teapot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shippo87 View Post
You make me giggle inside. XD I can't wait to see your Laharl at Ohayo con. Which you're coming to. With us. *Clings.* o<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devi 1313 View Post

I actually have to replace my white panel too. >.< It got damaged during the making, but since I was still resizing it, I didn't think it'd still show up. So I'll be doing that... Sometime before AWA...
Unread 08-02-2007, 06:43 PM   #356
Aleze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Lily View Post
Paint could crack off of the vinyl. The only way I can think of is to use rubbing alcohol or acetone (nail polish remover) on Q-tips and gently rub the stains out. Those areas of the vinyl might be a little discolored and certainly not shiny anymore, but the black will come off.

You could try using a gum eraser and erasing the marks, but I'm not sure how well that will work. If push comes to shove and you still don't want to replace the panel, try white liquid shoe polish and sponge it over the discolored areas. But only do what you won't regret!!

I hope the skirt is salvageable
Instead of shoe polish, use shoe paint. It's made vinyl and such.
Aleze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2007, 12:31 AM   #357
KnuxieChan
Thunderbolt's Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Clover View Post
You make me giggle inside. XD I can't wait to see your Laharl at Ohayo con. Which you're coming to. With us. *Clings.* o<
XD;; I can be so scatter brained sometimes. I can't believe I didn't notice it sooner! And yes, I is. <3
Major Raikov (Metal Gear Solid 3)
Kazuhira Miller (Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker)
Joltik (Pokémon Hoodie)
Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil 4)
Marik Ishtar (YGOTAS)

----------------------
KnuxieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2007, 06:49 PM   #358
feytaline

I got some happy pleather pvc whattheheckisit stuff from Joann's! And... I'm going to remake D1 Etna. XD And I have an idea to kind of save the wig for at least one more con so I can put off buying D2 wig for a little bit...

Thanks for the glove advice! I'm gonna look around and see what I can find for that AND for D2 boots. I don't think just thigh-highs are gonna cut it... And the bracelet issues will continue.
Unread 08-06-2007, 08:49 PM   #359
feytaline

Uh, PS--sorry to double post, but are any of y'all on Cosspace or Livejournal? I'm feytaline everywhere, feel free to add me (though warning LJ is full of drama atm)
Unread 08-06-2007, 10:55 PM   #360
Envel
I'm a little teapot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by feytaline View Post
I got some happy pleather pvc whattheheckisit stuff from Joann's! And... I'm going to remake D1 Etna. XD And I have an idea to kind of save the wig for at least one more con so I can put off buying D2 wig for a little bit...

Thanks for the glove advice! I'm gonna look around and see what I can find for that AND for D2 boots. I don't think just thigh-highs are gonna cut it... And the bracelet issues will continue.

Yeah, I'm working on the bracelet issue too. Lucky it's far away for that decision since I have a lot of stuff coming before D2 Etna though.

Le sigh.

But I think I'll do the Flonne dressed as Etna soon since that will take next to no effort. Considering there's not much I have to make for that.