Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Disgaea

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 34 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-31-2007, 11:54 AM   #466
Aleera
Master Thief

On second thought I will be using shiny lycra for my Disgaea 2 Etna. It might be for next year since her wig is obviously the most expensive part (whereas I all ready own the boots and it doesn't take a lot of material). I might do the original Disgaea one after that since it is similar and I should have leftover materials for that skirt.

Unread 08-31-2007, 12:29 PM   #467
feytaline

Aleera--where did you get your boots? I'm looking around, but I can't really find anything.
Unread 08-31-2007, 06:26 PM   #468
feytaline

Alright! After epic struggles with Photoshop (ok, not really...) I have managed to get the pictures of Rozalin down to workable sizes.

Please forgive the ickyness of the binding--I tried very hard to keep it flat, but there still is a slight gradient on the sides.

I have the scan of her in b&w (with necklace design), her two-page spread, and the scan of her gun. Photobucket is retarded, though, and won't let me upload the full size ones (they're not THAT big...) so if you want to see even CLOSER, drop me a PM with your email and I'll send them.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...rozalin001.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...rozalin002.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...rozalin003.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...rozalin004.jpg

Please let me know if there are any other scans or other characters you'd like to see. I tried to scan most of the book before I had to give Dan's scanner back, and I'm almost positive I got all of the pictures of Rozalin.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rozalin001.jpg (131.1 KB, 0 views)
Unread 08-31-2007, 07:04 PM   #469
Terranell
Princess Complex

feytaline, do we get to kill the Etna wig? >=O It deserves to die badly.

Thank you for the Rozmatoz scans, they will prove very useful. Especially the gun. YUMMY. (That will be my third or fourth prop. How will I ever find enough hands to carry them all?)

Flonne shoes. I got mine for like $12 (including shipping) online. If you're interested I will track the link down for you. Only thing is they're chunky high-heels and I'm not sure if that's what you are looking for.
Unread 09-01-2007, 12:22 AM   #470
livengood
Jojofags-r-us

OMFG. I AM FUCKING READY TO KILL. MY MONEY I WAS GOING TO USE TO BUY THE FABRIC FOR MY ROZALIN GOWN WAS STOLEN OUT OF MY WALLET AT WORK TODAY.

Over $200 gone. FUCK.FUCK.FUCK.FUCK.FUCK. >_<
AC Paradise Deviantart
livengood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2007, 01:59 AM   #471
livengood
Jojofags-r-us

and on a more positive note, my petticoat came in today. That's one positive thing to look forward to.
AC Paradise Deviantart
Unread 09-01-2007, 04:51 AM   #472
feytaline

Quote:
MY MONEY I WAS GOING TO USE TO BUY THE FABRIC FOR MY ROZALIN GOWN WAS STOLEN OUT OF MY WALLET AT WORK TODAY
That is SO not cool. Stealing makes me angry. Did you talk to your supervisors about it (no idea where ya work?) I know it's a long shot, but hopefully they can catch the thief and get your money back. ;-;
Unread 09-01-2007, 04:05 PM   #473
Terranell
Princess Complex

...That sucks. That sucks REALLY bad. I mean, really REALLY bad. If it makes you feel better, I lost over $100 worth of art supplies...? *cough* Yeah, I'm not helping. If it happened at work, hopefully that gives you a little more chance of capturing the culprit. Seriously. That pisses ME off and it isn't even my money.
Unread 09-01-2007, 07:35 PM   #474
livengood
Jojofags-r-us

Quote:
Originally Posted by feytaline View Post
That is SO not cool. Stealing makes me angry. Did you talk to your supervisors about it (no idea where ya work?) I know it's a long shot, but hopefully they can catch the thief and get your money back. ;-;
I didn't find out until after work, later that night. So I won't be able to report it until Tuesday. On a more positive note. My grandma gave me back the $100 I gave her for rent, she's going to let me give her $200 on the next paycheck.

I went to JoAnn's, and I managed to get 8 yards of casa black satin, 6 yards of tango red posh lining, all for under $50. The black satin wasn't on sell, but I had a coupon for 40% of any one regular priced item. So it went from $64 to $38, and the posh lining was on sale for $.99 a yard.
AC Paradise Deviantart
Unread 09-01-2007, 11:18 PM   #475
Envel
I'm a little teapot!

Hm... I'm not sure I'd cosplay anything from D3... Honestly, at the moment, I have absolutely no interest in another Disgaea. I felt like they were trying too hard with the second one, and since D3 is on the PS3, no way in Hades I'd ever get to play it. *Shrug.* That's all right, there's enough stuff for me in D1 and 2. Mwahaha.

Still trying to find some boots for my Flonne as Etna... I've found nothing closer than plain GoGo boots, but I really just don't like the toe on them. Worst case scenario, I'll wait until the local Halloween stores start opening up and just pick the closest things I can find.

WHY WHY WHY did I not know at MTAC that I was doing Flonne? I'm sure they had a perfect pair of boots on clearance, since they had some insane boot clearance, but I can't afford to drive all the way back up to Nashville to find out.

And I doubt they'd still be there since MTAC was months ago. Yay. ._.
Envel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2007, 10:34 PM   #476
livengood
Jojofags-r-us

I don't know if I'll ever play D3. Really, I want a Wii and an XBox 360 more then I want a PS3. PS3 hasn't really stepped up enough for me to want to get one. XP

I have done it! I have made a duct tape dress form! For the base? An old bar stool we had around.

I tried building the base from scratch. I have learned the important lesson of drilling guide wholes in the wood first, before screwing the actual screw in. Otherwise, all you do is strip the screw.
AC Paradise Deviantart
Unread 09-03-2007, 10:48 PM   #477
feytaline

Honestly, I'm not too worried about the PS3 thing. I have a feeling that they'll end up releasing it for a cheaper system (say... PSP?) eventually.

Ooh, congrats on the dress form thing. If I hadn't gotten such a deal on mine on black friday, I'd have had to try that.
Unread 09-03-2007, 11:02 PM   #478
livengood
Jojofags-r-us

Well, it was a bit of trial and error for me actually. My mom suggested taking the upper half of my manniquen (One of the store display types) and put it inside. But that made it to top heavy, so I opened up the back, took the manniquen out, and restuffed and sewed up the back of the form. Now I just need to make a few adjustments on it and it'll be done.

Duct tape really is awesome. @__@
AC Paradise Deviantart
Unread 09-04-2007, 12:54 AM   #479
Envel
I'm a little teapot!

Miko and I actually made duct tape mannequins so we could form Wonderflex over them. The best part is trying to cut it off after you're done forming it. : D Needless to say, you need to either be very talented or have a partner that you trust. A lot. Rawr.

I had the weirdest dream last night that I was cosplaying as the Samurai class. It was really weird.

And now I want to make one... The one I use in the game wields an axe, and since I already have the axe I made for Etna...

Man, whenever I get started on D2 Etna, I'm really excited about making that spear. Working on Ashe's FFXII sword makes me feel like I can make any extensively ridiculous prop.
Envel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2007, 05:25 PM   #480
Terranell
Princess Complex

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...9-04-84426.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...9-05-04726.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...9-05-04821.jpg
*cough* So yeah. Finally a little progress. (feytaline made me post it. Peer pressure.) I hope it doesn't look too silly. The gem in the first one was a necklace that I have, so I only have one... but it's perfect. I just want to get several more like it. XD Maybe 3/4 of them in red.

I think I'm getting tired of Disgaea simply because as a fan from the EARLY days, I was one of the few and proud. Now it feels like EVERYONE and EVERYTHING. It's starting to feel like a trend to me.... but that is simply an opinion. I will still love the games, but I don't know... I guess it's a bit overkill at the moment. I think that this costume will help me to regain the appreciation. As soon as I have access to a TV again, I plan on beating 2.