Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Disgaea

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 26 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-26-2007, 09:25 PM   #751
Shironotenshi
Snow Bunny
 
Shironotenshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 64
<3 I was going through my scrap fabric and it looks like I have enough pink to make another version of Flonne's bodice. I'm sort of tired of the corset version.

But would something like this look right?

__________________
Current Projects
Tokunaga ~ 5%
Tear ~ 15%
Annise ~ 20%

Repairs and Redo
Aerith ~ Dress, Bangles
Flonne ~ Wings, Wig?
Karen ~ Bodice, Wig

Attending
2008~Anime Fannatiku, Anime Vegas
2009~Anime Expo
Shironotenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 12-26-2007, 11:48 PM   #752
Envel
I'm a little teapot!
 
Envel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,916
I don't really see any difference between that and the regular one... The only time you'd ever see her corset from the back is on the figurine of her that you can't find anywhere.
Envel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2007, 01:31 PM   #753
Terranell
Princess Complex
 
Terranell's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 668
XD Hey, as long as it stays on and holds up your wings, that's what counts! (And as long as it actually covers you.... ._.)

Guys, I've finally realized something that I never really noticed. THREAD IS EXPENSIVE. I've estimated that I'm going to be spending about $35+ on Rozalin thread. THAT IS A LOT OF MONEY. It's worth it though, right?
__________________
Love it.- Dream it. - Be it.
[b]
Terranell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2007, 04:21 PM   #754
Shironotenshi
Snow Bunny
 
Shironotenshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 64
http://deathswings.tripod.com/life/cosplay/flonne.jpg
That one you mean?

I may have to re-consider my design a bit.
Like this then...maybe...
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/4936/flonne2os0.gif

I don't think I'm gunna ditch the straps. That would be hard to keep up.

Woah! How much thread you plannin on using there Terranell?
__________________
Current Projects
Tokunaga ~ 5%
Tear ~ 15%
Annise ~ 20%

Repairs and Redo
Aerith ~ Dress, Bangles
Flonne ~ Wings, Wig?
Karen ~ Bodice, Wig

Attending
2008~Anime Fannatiku, Anime Vegas
2009~Anime Expo

Last edited by Shironotenshi : 12-27-2007 at 06:50 PM.
Shironotenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2007, 09:52 PM   #755
Envel
I'm a little teapot!
 
Envel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shironotenshi View Post
http://deathswings.tripod.com/life/cosplay/flonne.jpg
That one you mean?

I may have to re-consider my design a bit.
Like this then...maybe...
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/4936/flonne2os0.gif

I don't think I'm gunna ditch the straps. That would be hard to keep up.

Woah! How much thread you plannin on using there Terranell?
...If it's properly boned and laces properly in the back, it should stay up just fine on its own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terranell View Post
XD Hey, as long as it stays on and holds up your wings, that's what counts! (And as long as it actually covers you.... ._.)

Guys, I've finally realized something that I never really noticed. THREAD IS EXPENSIVE. I've estimated that I'm going to be spending about $35+ on Rozalin thread. THAT IS A LOT OF MONEY. It's worth it though, right?

YES. It's worth it!

My extra Flonne extensions came in today, so hopefully I'll get her done in time, that way no one will have to kill me. XD
Envel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2007, 09:50 PM   #756
Terranell
Princess Complex
 
Terranell's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 668
How much thread, you ask? Well... let's consider this. My Christmas present came with four spools of white, pre-threaded on the machine. I bought black and red for the normal sewing machine......... and I will need four of each (black and red) for said new present.

So who can guess what Terranell got for Christmas? XP
__________________
Love it.- Dream it. - Be it.
[b]
Terranell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2007, 09:54 PM   #757
Envel
I'm a little teapot!
 
Envel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terranell View Post
How much thread, you ask? Well... let's consider this. My Christmas present came with four spools of white, pre-threaded on the machine. I bought black and red for the normal sewing machine......... and I will need four of each (black and red) for said new present.

So who can guess what Terranell got for Christmas? XP
Well, it certainly isn't a sewing machine.

I got fabric for my new secret project. Which isn't Disgaea related. Wooo.

I really need to get back to the apartment and work on Flonne for next weekend. o_o
Envel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2007, 10:12 PM   #758
KnuxieChan
Thunderbolt's Bitch
 
KnuxieChan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 1,930
Blauugh. I don't think I'll have enough time to get my surprise Laharl costume done. ;__; And If the photoshoot's at 8PM, I'm gonna have to rush around if my cosplay judging is that day.. XO Unless we make it for before.
__________________
----------------------
☆ Current Costumes ☆
Business Suit!Raiden (Metal Gear Rising)
Major Raikov (Metal Gear Solid 3)
Kazuhira Miller (Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker)
Joltik (Pokémon Hoodie)
Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil 4)
Marik Ishtar (YGOTAS)

----------------------
KnuxieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2007, 10:58 PM   #759
Envel
I'm a little teapot!
 
Envel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shippo87 View Post
Blauugh. I don't think I'll have enough time to get my surprise Laharl costume done. ;__; And If the photoshoot's at 8PM, I'm gonna have to rush around if my cosplay judging is that day.. XO Unless we make it for before.
There was a photoshoot day/time? XD

I don't visit con specific threads anymore, so...
Envel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2007, 11:08 PM   #760
Terranell
Princess Complex
 
Terranell's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 668
I feel really bad that I had to can Flonne. ;_; It it makes anybody any less upset with me (because you're all totally like that *rolls eyes at sarcasm*) I promise to make it look really good for the next gathering. One last hurah before I "scrap" the wig for Scrapped Princess. XD *shot for the pun*
__________________
Love it.- Dream it. - Be it.
[b]
Terranell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2007, 11:28 PM   #761
KnuxieChan
Thunderbolt's Bitch
 
KnuxieChan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 1,930
Well, Feytaline said maybe Friday around 8PM. There's no real set time though.. D= Because no one ever responded to the thread besides her and myself.
__________________
----------------------
☆ Current Costumes ☆
Business Suit!Raiden (Metal Gear Rising)
Major Raikov (Metal Gear Solid 3)
Kazuhira Miller (Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker)
Joltik (Pokémon Hoodie)
Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil 4)
Marik Ishtar (YGOTAS)

----------------------
KnuxieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2007, 12:24 AM   #762
Shironotenshi
Snow Bunny
 
Shironotenshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terranell View Post
How much thread, you ask? Well... let's consider this. My Christmas present came with four spools of white, pre-threaded on the machine. I bought black and red for the normal sewing machine......... and I will need four of each (black and red) for said new present.

So who can guess what Terranell got for Christmas? XP

My guess would be an overlock. Congratulations on your surger. I can never thread those suckers.
__________________
Current Projects
Tokunaga ~ 5%
Tear ~ 15%
Annise ~ 20%

Repairs and Redo
Aerith ~ Dress, Bangles
Flonne ~ Wings, Wig?
Karen ~ Bodice, Wig

Attending
2008~Anime Fannatiku, Anime Vegas
2009~Anime Expo
Shironotenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2007, 05:39 PM   #763
Terranell
Princess Complex
 
Terranell's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 668
*cheers* Yaaaay! Did I make it too obvious? XP One of those things I didn't think I'd get but I asked for anyway... I'm a spoiled girl. (lawl, I'll be the perfect Rozalin. XD)

And I would have responded to said thread if I were to be part of it, honest!
__________________
Love it.- Dream it. - Be it.
[b]
Terranell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2007, 10:27 PM   #764
Envel
I'm a little teapot!
 
Envel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terranell View Post
*cheers* Yaaaay! Did I make it too obvious? XP One of those things I didn't think I'd get but I asked for anyway... I'm a spoiled girl. (lawl, I'll be the perfect Rozalin. XD)

And I would have responded to said thread if I were to be part of it, honest!
I've never had good luck with "official" gatherings at cons, so I kind of gave up. :/
Envel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2007, 12:47 PM   #765
feytaline
 
Posts: n/a
It's not like anyone has to show up or anything. We'll probably end up just hanging out rather than having an actual 'photoshoot' anyways.

Geebus. I think I'm the only person I know who DIDN'T get a serger this year.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:47 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.