Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Disgaea

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-21-2010, 07:12 AM   #1036
Myuu

ok, thanks ^^

but somehow I don't like already styled wigs, they look tangled >_> eh, what to do...
Myuu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-21-2010, 02:28 PM   #1037
Alcyone
Hamster Carrot

Normally, I don't like them either. XD This is one of the only good ones I've ever seen. I know what you mean about the tangled thing, but it should be easy to fix since that one isn't too bad. For example, this person appears to have used that wig: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2384503/
And it looks fine because they fixed up the droopiness of the pigtails and stuff. :3
Alcyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2010, 10:42 AM   #1038
Myuu

really O_O? But how to fix it?

And if buying something like that http://i49.tinypic.com/2r47k9v.jpg ? How to style it that it wouldn't look cheap, and wouldnt have holes... Oh by saying holes I mean that *takes photo of one wig* --> http://i46.tinypic.com/2vuni3m.jpg

Unread 02-22-2010, 02:14 PM   #1039
Alcyone
Hamster Carrot

If you want to get rid of the holes, you'll have to buy extensions of the same color as the wig.
Here's a tutorial: http://www.katiebair.com/wigtutorial_parting.html
Also, that wig you posted looks kinda orange anyways. If you still want to style a wig yourself, something slightly pinker would be better IMO.

If you want to get the wig I sent you, it should be pretty easy to fix. I think you'd just have to comb through it a bit (maybe check out some wig detangling tutorials, but I don't think it'll be bad enough to need them). Or, you could ask people with the same wig what they did with it to make it look better. My friend will be getting that wig relatively soon and I'll be styling it, so if I get it first maybe I can help more. XD
Alcyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2010, 07:53 AM   #1040
Myuu

thankya!!!

Oh, and tell me when u'll have the wig ^^ I will be waiting for photos and other stuff!!!

I'll buy a wig about 2 or 3 months before the cosplay (at May probably....) . And now I will try to make earrings O_o Also I'll try to make longer socks. I have already bought kneehight socks (it supposed to be longer XD), but they usually slides down ^^"
Unread 03-02-2010, 11:52 PM   #1041
Renegade Sanzo
serious business

I was wondering if maybe I can get some help... I'm going with a group for Disgaea 3 and I'm making the costumes. I'm having trouble on where to start on Champloo's outfit. Some one I know was telling me to buy a martial arts outfit and add the detail to it... but I don't think I want to do that. XD;

A-kon 2009: Miku Hatsune (Vocaloid) 100%, Kantarou Ichinomiya (Tactics) 100%, Yuki Nagato (Haruhi) 100%
A-kon 2009 Masquerade: Miku Hatsune (original princess design) 100%
A-kon 2010: Simon (Gurren Lagann) 40%, Haruhi (Host Club) 10%

I do commissions for wig styling, props, jewelry, and weapons!
Renegade Sanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2010, 11:02 AM   #1042
Myuu

Handmade costumes are more Nyah. Once I bought costume from ebay and it ws really fail x.X I had to remake it!!!

Eh, too bad I suck at making costumes. I also must start making Etna's costume, but I dunno from what should I begn...
Unread 04-12-2010, 04:15 PM   #1043
Shironotenshi
Snow Bunny

Yay! finally finished re-vamping my Flonne cosplay. If anyone wants to see I uploaded the new ones here. http://www.cosplay.com/costume/111768/
Annise ~ 20%

Repairs and Redo
Aerith ~ Dress, Bangles
Flonne ~ Wings, Wig?
Karen ~ Bodice, Wig

Attending
2008~Anime Fannatiku, Anime Vegas
2009~Anime Expo
Shironotenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2010, 07:24 PM   #1044
FancyKetchup
Genderforked

I'm thinking of maybe doing a couple's cosplay with a friend as the male and female thief. Does that idea sound silly? I've always liked the thief's design, both old and new >_<'
FancyKetchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2010, 03:42 PM   #1045
Tyblat
5iveYards

@Myuu - If you still haven't gotten an Etna wig, I recommend the one Alcyone put up as well. That's the exact wig my friend got for her Etna cosplay, and it was actually very nice. The pigtails are a little droopy, but that can be fixed. In the long run, that wig would probably be your cheapest option as well.

@Renegade Sanzo - It does look slightly similar to a martial arts style pant. I recommend you go to your nearest Joann and look through their pattern books in the Halloween sections. I'm pretty sure you'll be able to find something that's close to what you're looking for.

@FancyKetchup - Go for it, that would be cute! I've always like the thief's design as well.
Shutocon- Robin (One Piece)
Acen- Beatrix (FFIX), Zelda (Twilight princess)
ColossalCon- Lulu (FFX)
Otakon- Beatrix (FF IX)/???
Youmacon- ???
Tyblat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2010, 11:42 PM   #1046
YukinaKipling

I cosplay as a disgaea 2 galaxy mage. everyone thinks I'm a red mage though. =[ I'm a galaxy mage...
Unread 10-05-2010, 12:15 PM   #1047
Tyhm

I'm making a Prinny Hoody. If it goes well I'll make a zillion Prinny Hoodies, then people who don't know what to be can at least walk around going "Prinny Dood!"

Sky's The Limit daydreamer
Tyhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2010, 10:25 AM   #1048
Shadowminion
A Little Queer

I'm definitely cosplaying Disgaea again.

I did Raspberyl the last time round, but i was totally NOT satisfied with how it turned out, so i shall tackle it again, but maybe as someone else...

Do visit my deviantart for more! But its a bit of a mess right now i'm sorry. v.v
http://alexissacrifar.deviantart.com
Shadowminion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2010, 11:12 PM   #1049
YukinaKipling

Last edited by YukinaKipling : 01-06-2014 at 06:13 PM.
Unread 12-05-2010, 11:07 PM   #1050
cosplayernoob

Question

what type of jacket is Fuuka's?
cosplayernoob is offline   Reply With Quote