Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Props/Accessories/Armor

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-19-2003, 08:37 PM   #1
Syaoran fan
Mizu Bunshin No Jutsu

millenium puzzle?

As you can see, I'm making a whole bunch of Yugioh stuff. I nned some hints on the millenium puzzle. I was GOING to make it out of foam or something and cover it with rigid-wrap or plaster of paris to harden it. But, that may not work out as well as I planned. Any suggestions?
Syaoran fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-20-2003, 01:21 PM   #2
Lady
Sexy vonSexpants

Isn't that just a big pyramidal pendant on a chain?*tries to remember from the few bits of the show she's seen* If so, you should be able to use cardboard or foamcore or something for the shape, then maybe use some gesso to give it a smooth, seamless look. Once it's all done, just paint and attach to a chain*nods* I'd think it would be really nice and light if you made it with foamcore or cardboard, too. Though I can't vouch for its durability*sweatdrops*

-Lady
Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2003, 01:48 PM   #3
Spooky Brew
CosplayWillFuckUpYourLife

I used clay, don't do that! *___*
I used foam on my Millenium Ring, that's a good way to go. So, they way you're thinkin would work the best! ^^
Spooky Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2003, 04:49 PM   #4
Mekou
Meow~

Model magic is really good stuff to sue and is very light. I started a millenium puzzle and so far I have the pyramid shape made out of cardboard and it's hot glued together. I'm going to be covering the outside of the pyramid with crayola model magic (small layer)and then I'll mold they "eye" onto the front.

I'm going to try and re-make my millenium ring with this stuff. ^_^ My first millenium ring was soooooooooo ghetto-ly constructed. (materials included- an embroidery circle, stiffened felt, yarn form and old scarf, thick yarn, gold acrylic paint and gold sparkle glue) Yeah ghetto-ness! XD

Although is has held together for a LONG time! ^______^
Mekou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2003, 07:14 PM   #5
number18
cyborg playgirl

No foam? I'd say foam would be a pretty good choice. You can get those little knife thingies people use for carving details into things and make the lines of the puzzle...hopefully they'd already be selling a pyramid shaped piece of foam...and as for the ring, buy a smal foam ring or plastic one and hot glue....and as for the eye of it...I'd buy a little bit of foam again, half it, and then try to carve the eye out with the little knife thingy...i forget what they're called...not quite knives. Do you know what I mean? And why isn't the foam idea working? Too brittle perhaps?

This might be a ghetto suggestion, but you could always buy some plastic canvas (you use the plastic gimp rope on?) and just cut it to make a pyramid...hot glue some detailed cardboard or other material over it to give it the look...and then...voila - more or less. I'd go with something light.

I just thought it'd be really neat if the outside of the puzzle had tiny mosiac mirrors all over it...and that got me thinking that most likely, you can just buy jewels. Make the thing out of cardboard...and then use a hot glue gun to glue fake jewels to the outside of it (pretty sure they make long flat ones) - the jewels are always flat on one side. Some bling bling for ya.

Derrrr.

"Are we gonna continue?"
"Of course."
"That's the spirit."
number18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2003, 09:35 PM   #6
Syaoran fan
Mizu Bunshin No Jutsu

the problem with the plan is money to buy all the foam. I tried making a piece today, but I accidentaly cut off a huge chunk while trying to sand the sides flat. I'm glad I have a big can of Bondo handy!
Syaoran fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2010, 01:50 PM   #7
mizu_usagi1

http://www.thenoodlebowl.com/jongleur/howto_puzzle.html
try that site, but when I made mine, I just got cardboard and traced the puzzle I got from Burger King a million years ago and then glued them together, put Model Magic on (which is like $3 per package) go with white and 2-3 bags and then get gold spray paint. once you do that, go online and get a reference picture and either draw or trace the background design and then make the eye from Model Magic and glue it and spray paint again.

Hope it helps
mizu_usagi1 is offline   Reply With Quote