Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Disgaea

Unread 10-08-2006, 07:54 PM   #1
clickyfri

Question Rozalin - Disgaea 2 (need some opinions)

I'm working on a costume of Rozalin from Disgaea 2 and I'm just looking for an opinion on what I should make the wings out of and how they should look because they seem to be different in different pictures. In the opening video they seem to open up from the one version to the other but I really don't see how they could be closed the way they are...

Also, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for the jewelry. i found some glass beads that would work perfect for the gemstones but I have no idea on where to aquire a gold necklace (that isn't too expensive) similar to hers. I checked the local thrift stores and found nothing even remotely close...
and one more thing...in the actual game (you kow, where she's barely a square inch on the television screen) she seems to have a lot more white showing under her dress but in the video it's just a little sliver of fabric and in other photos it's all the way around, but it doesn't stick out at all...which do you think I should go with? I should have enough white fabric to make it all the way around...

oh wait, another thing... should I make a ruffle at the bottom of the black part? Again, in some pictures there seems to be a ruffle and others there isn't. If I make a ruffle, the red part will be easier to attach. The skirt part is about 8 yards of fabric, but I'm worried it will have a funny shape if i bunch it at the bottom, anyone have any experience with this?

okay okay, I swear this is my last one ~.^ since I will already undoubtedly be sewing for 8 yards straight two times, do you think It would be worth it to hem it? It's made of satin...It could get messy if I don't, but If I hem it, that's 16 more yards I have to sew. My question is, do you think it would look terribly bad if I don't?
clickyfri is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-10-2006, 08:21 AM   #2
KuroBara
dog of the military

Rozalin is so cool, good luck with this! A friend of mine is looking to cosplay her, so I understand the inconsistencies you're talking about. Her wings do seem to change from image to image. They also stick straight out of her back, oops. I would go with a design that can be secured (maybe a harness hidden in the gown top secured by the big bows) and not too cumbersome to wear. Try to make them stand out from the black of the dress so they don't blur together in photos.

I'm not sure what her necklace looks like. Looking for real gold is a good idea, since she's a princess and all, but there are ways to make cheap jewelry look exspensive. Did you try looking around the props and accessories forum?

The white seems to be an underskirt that goes all the way around the front. The slit up the front of her dress varies a lot, but that's where most of it shows. I think the ruffle is your call, go with the design you like best.

Hem! You don't necessarily have to sew it, there are iron-on hem tapes that work really well.
Unread 10-10-2006, 06:05 PM   #3
clickyfri

oh! I forgot about those no-sew hem things...but 8 yards might be pricey...I'll have to go to the fabric store and check it out. If it's not too much money, that would be so much easier, thanks! ^.^
clickyfri is offline   Reply With Quote