Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Site Headquarters

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 84 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-31-2010, 07:09 PM   #181
Zada13

I'm having a lot of trouble uploading photos. I've attempted to post many photos, but only 4 have showed up with thumbnails and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I do my best to make them small enough, but I'm really puzzled.
Jareth (Labyrinth): CC 10
Purple Link (Four Swords): Anime Conji 10
Mad Hatter (Orig. Design): Halloween 09
Ginny Weasley (Harry Potter): CC 08 and 09
Claire Bennett (Heroes): CC 09
Batgirl: Comic Con 07-10
Misa Amane (Deathnote): CC 07

SDCC 2011 Cosplays:
Misty (Pokemon)
Ginny Weasley (Harry Potter)
Silk Spectre I (Watchmen)
Jareth (Travelling coat)
Black Canary (Justice League)

Zada13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-08-2010, 04:37 PM   #182
Mellodramatic14

I have a question about uploading a profile icon:
How do you make a picture exactly 200x200?
It's just coz it doesn;t work if it's not.
Plz help!
Mellodramatic14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2010, 05:07 PM   #183
Kysa-oko

Sorry for asking something, that might be really simple but so far I couldn't find it out myself.

My question is about the member-ID. How do I figure out my ID or ID of others. I want to credit cosplayer and photographer on my uploaded photos but I can't.
Can anyone help me with it?

And is there also a way to credit people who aren't signed to cosplay.com?

-Kysa
Kysa-oko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2010, 10:53 PM   #184
MoonsChild

I've been looking around here for a while, but couldn't find anything resembling to my problem, so I'll just post this here.. I hope it's alright.

My problem is as followed:
I uploaded some cosplay-photos a while ago and associated them with a costume in the drop-down menu, like usually. But the newest five just won't show up on the costume page (the gallery they are in only contains those 5). I double-checked again and again to make sure I selected the right costume [Ciel], tried editing, deleting and reuploading the photos, but still no success. They appear on my profile site, in the specific gallery, everywhere - except the frontpage of the costume.
-
Just tried something again, now 1 of 5 photos is showing. But what about the other 4?

Hope someone can help me, I'm pretty much at a loss right now...
MoonsChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2010, 12:51 AM   #185
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

Kysa-oko = IDs are the numbers after each member's profile address. So looking at yours, you'd be 142479 from your page at http://www.cosplay.com/member/142479/

MoonsChild = I believe the max amount of associated photos that will show up on your cosplay page is 40 right now. Any linked pic beyond that won't show up there until you unlink older photos first - so pick out your favorites to use.
Unread 12-03-2010, 06:16 PM   #186
Vamp_Rouge

I've been using this site for a while now but still uploading photos consfuses me.

I've just noticed that any new pictures I upload associated with my "Codex" costume don't show up in an album on the 'edit albums' page, so I can't edit the pictures. I find they fall into the "uncatagorized" section whereas my previous photos to do with a costume have their own albums. I'm guessing back then (last year) I uploaded them into albums instead of costume pages but I didn't know that they were seperate. I odn't want to lose the comments on my costume page so I guess I should just leave it and not worry that the pictures are classed as uncategorized as people can see I have a Codex album and see the pictures...

I don't know if any of this made sense. Hmm.

"The longer they wait the more they like it."
Vamp_Rouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2010, 08:55 PM   #187
ChibiTeapot
Certified Cat Lady

I try doing this every time. I followed all the rules and NOTHING happens! It says it posted correctly, but I still don't see any pictures! Please help me!
ChibiTeapot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2010, 12:01 AM   #188
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

Vamp_Rouge = Your photos are already uploaded and associated to your costume, so if you just need to also put them in a new gallery, you can do so here = http://www.cosplay.com/user_photos.php?sub=albums
(Galleries are separate from costume associations since some people like to organize their galleries by conventions or individual photoshoots etc.)

ChibiTeapot = We need more info to fix that, but I think we can work around it. Attach the photo to this thread by clicking "Go Advanced" and using the paper clip icon with your reply, so we can see what you are working with.
Unread 12-17-2010, 08:34 AM   #189
jesspark
Danger Girl

Silly question, I'm afraid, but I've searched the forums and either missed the answer or it isn't there -- is there a limit on the number of photos you can associate with a costume while still having those photos show up when you click on the costume?

I have a LOT of Abbey Chase photos from various events and photoshoots that I'd like to have associated with my costume, but they stopped showing up as thumbnails on the page after I uploaded around forty. From what I recall, they were still uploaded and associated with the costume (I could navigate through them using the "previous" and "next" thumbnails once I was on a photo that was visible as a thumbnail), but they just didn't show up with the rest of them under the costume's description.

I've since disassociated some of my older photos to make room for the newer ones, but I'd love to have a better solution than that! Is this normal? A bug? Something I can work around?

Thanks so much!
Unread 12-17-2010, 08:47 AM   #190
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

jesspark = I believe 40 is the max number (give or take, depending on it they are vertical or horizontal format) to be visible on the costume page at any one time, with the oldest ones showing up first (again, more or less in order, depending on format.) You are allowed to have as many photos as you like in your member gallery, but try to choose the best or most varied to display on the costume page itself.

So, yes, it's the normal functioning for now, but we might see an improvement to this at some point.
Unread 12-18-2010, 10:55 AM   #191
jesspark
Danger Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui View Post
jesspark = I believe 40 is the max number (give or take, depending on it they are vertical or horizontal format) to be visible on the costume page at any one time, with the oldest ones showing up first (again, more or less in order, depending on format.) You are allowed to have as many photos as you like in your member gallery, but try to choose the best or most varied to display on the costume page itself.

So, yes, it's the normal functioning for now, but we might see an improvement to this at some point.
Thank you so much for the speedy and informative reply! Looks like I'll be doing some rearranging and whittling down of my galleries and my costume pages.
Unread 12-21-2010, 10:22 AM   #192
jesspark
Danger Girl

Galleries/photo numbers not showing up?

Ugh, I'm back.

Now that I've started creating galleries for my overflow photos, I'm encountering more problems. I have five galleries, but only three are showing up on my page; of the galleries that show up, only two of them display an accurate photo count. "Wildsiderz: Jess Jennings" says that only one photo has been uploaded to the album, while "Danger Girl: Abbey Chase" has "-1" photo. Minus one...? Clicking on the galleries shows all the photos that have been associated with that album, however.

Am I just completely clueless and doing something wrong?
Unread 06-06-2011, 11:31 AM   #193
expelliarmus359

i'm having trouble with the icon upload :c
expelliarmus359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2011, 09:25 PM   #194
MelliNinjaa
Epicness in a Box. :{D

Hi~ I tried uploading photos, but they do not show up anywhere after having been 'successfully uploaded'. My 'Photos' page still says '0', so does my Galleries page, and there are no photos on my costume page either... Help?
Dia [Shugo Chara] ~ 100%
Sebastian [Kuroshitsuji] ~ 0%
Canada [Hetalia] ~ 5%
MelliNinjaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2011, 12:17 PM   #195
Chaletica
[laughs]

I need some help here... my profile icon won't show up! It seemed to upload okay, and was the right size, jpg, ect. so why doesn't it show up on my actual profile?

EDIT: Nevermind, it's fixed now.

Last edited by Chaletica : 07-21-2011 at 05:48 PM.
Chaletica is offline   Reply With Quote