Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Site Headquarters

Unread 01-07-2015, 10:15 PM   #211
Crystalsetsuna
Crazy Beardie Lady

.....well son of a flipper. i'll give that a try then....blah.

EDIT: took it down to 640 px width, and it worked!....now i gotta resize all my freakin pictures.....gaaaah! oh well, i found a batch resizer...just gotta get them at or under 800 kb...sigh.

I am the new keeper for the Commissioner Review Thread 2.0! Check it out!

Last edited by Crystalsetsuna : 01-07-2015 at 10:49 PM.
Crystalsetsuna is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-12-2015, 12:27 AM   #212
Angelixe
Little Lady

How can I delete a costume icon?

PLANNED COSPLAYS
Melfina (Outlaw Star)
Dawn (Pokémon)
Fetch (inFamous)

DREAM COSPLAY! ! !
- Big Sister (BioShock2)
Angelixe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2015, 10:00 PM   #213
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelixe View Post
How can I delete a costume icon?
Good question..
I haven't needed to do so, because I make sure mine are exactly what I want to have until an update happens, but I have an idea that you can try.

I know in the marketplace if you edit your ad and you click the thing to browse for pictures, then hit cancel on the albums on your computer, it'll show up with "no photo chosen". This deletes the picture associated with the one..
I looked on the Icon upload page for my own costumes, but I didn't want to try becasue I don't wanna re upload it, but it shows "no photo chosen" un the upload area. Maybe if you just hit the change button with nothing selected, maybe it'll take off the one you have there already. Worth a shot.
-Created Character [SAO Hollow Realization]
-Cloud [Dissidia Final Fantasy]
-Red [Pokemon Fire Red]
-Gohan [DBZ]
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2015, 06:40 PM   #214
bluerose17

I still don't know how to work this site properly and if this question has been answered already I'm sorry in advance. I don't know how to size the image down to a smaller file? I was kinda just hoping I could take a picture with my iPad then upload it.
bluerose17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2015, 06:48 PM   #215
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerose17 View Post
I still don't know how to work this site properly and if this question has been answered already I'm sorry in advance. I don't know how to size the image down to a smaller file? I was kinda just hoping I could take a picture with my iPad then upload it.
Here's what I do. If you have Windows, it should come with Paint already loaded onto it.

-email the photo to yourself, you should be able to do this on an Ipod since it's via wifi, not phone service. Email it to your own email. So type in the same email address as the one you are sending it from, or any other email address you have and wanna use. I use hotmail and gmail, idk how other's do it.
==There's a possibility when you send the picture, you can select large, med, small or actual size before it sends. Medium you won't need to do anything other than just download and then upload here.
-open the message after you get the email and download the photo to your computer. When it's done downloading it should pop up in the image viewer. Right click the image in the image viewer and click "open in paint". It'll open up Microsoft Paint with the picture. Click the resize button and in the resize space you can put in the % you want it scaled down, Regardless of what box you type it in, it'll automatically enter the same thing into the other box.
==If you did the large,med,small,actual size thing from above and hit medium, do the same thing to download it and open in paint, but instead of resizing, just click save as, and put it where you want with whatever name you want. It'll be the right size to upload if done that way, the iPone5s has this option so idk if the other products do.
-Now try uploading. If it still is too big, make it even smaller doing the same thing. Eventually it'll be a size that fits. From all of the mobile devices I've ever used, I always resize by 50%, then I click it again and do another 75%. This is usually a good size.

So, this is just the way I happen to know, there may be other ways, in fact I'm sure there are, I just don't have any photoshop or any other image altering program. I'm pretty sure there are some sites that resize too, but I don't know them.
-Created Character [SAO Hollow Realization]
-Cloud [Dissidia Final Fantasy]
-Red [Pokemon Fire Red]
-Gohan [DBZ]
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2015, 11:06 AM   #216
MoonMilk

i think its funny that this site actually need a guide to uppload photos.
its like the main thing you are supose to do.

maybe they should have a site uppdate thats not too complicaded >___<
MoonMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2016, 10:43 PM   #217
Respawning

So I've figured out how to get my pictures up to my album, but can't seem to get the icon picture to actually show up. I THOUGHT I had loaded it properly, but it isn't showing up and I can't seem to find an option on the album to change/reload it. Unless I'm blind.

Completed costumes:Commander Shepard, Steampunk Valkyrie OC, Tiefling Sorcerer OC, Morrigan, Thor, Daenerys Targaryen, Steampunk OC
Future costumes: Aloy, Maleficent, Satyr/Faun OC, Galadriel
Working on: Ciri Witcher 3

Instagram, Facebook, Facebook Group
Respawning is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2016, 03:14 PM   #218
DarkWarrior89
The Knight of Zero

Not sure if this thread is still active but I need a weeee bit of help getting pictures inserted into Posts/Threads. I'm trying to start a Photography Shoot Thread and when I try to find the Icon/Button that allows me to insert pictures it does not exist. Can anyone help me with the process to get this done?