Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Site Headquarters

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 77 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-27-2007, 03:58 AM   #31
Paper_Alchemist

I am having trouble with uploading my photos. I don't know if this is the place for it. I cropped my photos in microsoft paint to the right specifications. the photos still do not load. The message that I get most frequently is that the upload failed or something. I cant really remember the exact terms. Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I realize I am a noob but I need help

Tekkoshocon 6 2008 cosplay

Friday: Gluttony (FMA)
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/53388492/
thats version 1 version 2.0 to come

Saturday: Major (Hellsing)

Sunday: ?????
Paper_Alchemist is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-27-2007, 11:19 AM   #32
*Shiva*
RED SOX FTW <3

Hmm - have you double-checked that they are in .jpg format? Or if so, try using JPEG? Sometimes the uploader is picky.

Also, just in case, double-check that both the pixel limit (640 on the long end) and the filesize limit are being observed.

2014 EVENTS: Katsucon, Anime Boston, PortCon Maine, Dragon*Con
*Shiva* is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2007, 11:50 AM   #33
Kazephyr
Shapeshifter

I'm new... and kind of confused. I made my own topic for this question, though I suppose I should probably have just posted it here... I'm sorry...

Quote:
I was wondering about after you add a costume to your account, and it asks you to upload a 200x200 picture. Is it okay to upload a picture of me in my costume with the background behind me whited out? I was at a convention, and a friend is standing next to me. It's about the only decent picture I have, only I don't want half of my friend in the picture. -_-; Please help. Thank you! ^_^
Kazephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2007, 01:03 PM   #34
*Shiva*
RED SOX FTW <3

Yes, that's totally fine. ^^

Unread 06-28-2007, 03:59 PM   #35
Kazephyr
Shapeshifter

Okay, thanks! ^_^ I worry about things like that...
Kazephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2007, 01:08 AM   #36
Seiyora
Indecisive Pumpkin

Thanks a lot for writing this up, I felt really stupid that I couldn't figure out how to add photos ^^;;
Seiyora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2007, 11:32 PM   #37
Technowraith
Stealing Dante's Pizza...

I have a question about uploading the icons. In the dimensions, you state 200x200. Is that in pixels? The reason i ask is that my camera takes pictures in high resolutions (nothing below 1024 x 768). A 200 x 200 image turns out to be a pretty small chunk due to the high resolution. Should i see about setting my camera to shoot at a LOWER resolution to get around this issue? What i'm running into is that at such high resolutions, the 200x200 dimension results in a pretty tiny part of the picture. Perhaps If i shoot at a lower resolution, the 200 x 200 image may end up "getting more in the picture"? Does this sound too confusing, or am i just being dumb again?

Current Cosplay Project:

Nero- Devil May Cry 4.
Current Costume status: Wig ordered.
Current Prop status:
Deathbringer: Full scale mock-up 85% complete. Design adjustments in progress.
Red Queen: Design in progress
Blue Rose: Not started yet.
Technowraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2007, 05:04 PM   #38
*Shiva*
RED SOX FTW <3

Yes, the 200x200 is in pixels, but you don't need to change the settings on your camera. First, just crop out a square of the pic you'd like to use as your icon, and don't worry about the size - just make sure the pixel height and width are equal in your crop. It can be 1000x1000 or whatever. Then, in your photo editing program, find the size or pixel adjustment menu and reset the pixels to 200x200. Your pic will look pixelated and like junk in the editing program, but it will look fine when its uploaded to the c.com.

Unread 09-01-2007, 07:47 PM   #39
Technowraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Shiva* View Post
Yes, the 200x200 is in pixels, but you don't need to change the settings on your camera. First, just crop out a square of the pic you'd like to use as your icon, and don't worry about the size - just make sure the pixel height and width are equal in your crop. It can be 1000x1000 or whatever. Then, in your photo editing program, find the size or pixel adjustment menu and reset the pixels to 200x200. Your pic will look pixelated and like junk in the editing program, but it will look fine when its uploaded to the c.com.
Thanks a bunch for that!

Current Cosplay Project:

Nero- Devil May Cry 4.
Current Prop status:
Unread 09-07-2007, 07:54 PM   #40
Technowraith

Quote:
- To upload, all photos must be under 640 pixels on the long end. If they are too large, you will need to reduce the pixel height and width on a photo editing program. Also, all photos must be in .JPG format. If they will not upload, try switching the extensions from JPG to JPEG, or vice versa, as the upload filter can be touchy

From the FAQ:

It says it has to 640 on the long end. As in 640 x [whatever]?

How large is too large? All my pics are high res images (nothing below 1024 x 768. Most average 2288 x 1712 the default camera setting). Just so i know what to reduce the size to. Thanks!

Current Cosplay Project:

Nero- Devil May Cry 4.
Current Prop status:
Unread 09-08-2007, 06:03 PM   #41
*Shiva*
RED SOX FTW <3

It is 640x whatever, as long as the whatever is 640 or less. And yeah, all digital pics will be larger in their raw format. You can resize them the same way you resie your icon - by going to height/width in our photo editing program and changing the largest pixel mesurement to 640.

Unread 09-08-2007, 10:20 PM   #42
Technowraith

Great! Thanks for the help. Now i can add more than one pic to my costume. ^.^

Current Cosplay Project:

Nero- Devil May Cry 4.
Current Prop status:
Unread 09-10-2007, 07:10 PM   #43
run.yuffie.run.

I was able to upload all my pictures fine, but I never 'posted' them I guess. If you were to click on my name, my profile is there, but it never went to the general viewing area.
To better explain myself: my costume is of Yuffie. I you were to search Yuffie, my profile would not come up. It's been like this for about a month, and I don't know how to post them. I feel so silly, but I am completely baffled!

next con: anime boston '11

in progress...
Zakuro battle outfit- Tokyo Mew Mew
Alice- Shadow Hearts
run.yuffie.run. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2007, 07:27 PM   #44
*Shiva*
RED SOX FTW <3

Okay, from looking at your gallery and costume list, it looks to me like you've done about 90% of it correctly.

You made a gallery for your Yuffie costume with two pictures of your Yuffie costume in it: http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?member=59771

And you successfully made a costume entry which shows up in a costume search if you enter yuffie in the costume search box.

The only thing I can think of that isn't showing up is the Yuffie pics from your gallery don't appear in your Yuffie costume entry. That is because you need to associate the galleries. Just go to your go to album admin and edit the Yuffie album by clicking the numbered button to the left of the gallery title. Under the "costume association" dropdown menu, choose the Yuffie costume. You may also want to rename the gallery to just Yuffie so you can put future pics in there that aren't from AB, but that's up to you.

Hope that helps!

Unread 09-10-2007, 10:27 PM   #45
run.yuffie.run.

Thanks so much. That 10% you gave me really helped. And I swear when I uploaded the photos my costume wasn't posted for everyone to see. But no worries now, everything looks good. Thanks again!

next con: anime boston '11

in progress...
Zakuro battle outfit- Tokyo Mew Mew
Alice- Shadow Hearts
run.yuffie.run. is offline   Reply With Quote